Sponsored by:

My Porsche App destination issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2022, 12:01 PM
Riddleric
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default My Porsche App destination issue

Anyone having issue with send destination to car after searching on the app? Tried many times never received anything to the car.
Nice feature if I don’t have to type it in from the car screen.
Old 03-26-2022, 01:34 PM
mikey94025
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Riddleric
Anyone having issue with send destination to car after searching on the app? Tried many times never received anything to the car.
Nice feature if I don’t have to type it in from the car screen.
I do this all the time and it worked for me just yesterday. Some things to try/check:
  1. Verify your car's SIM card is working. I do it by connected to the wi-fi hotspot via my phone and checking that I can surf the Internet. I had a problem last month, talk to Porsche and AT&T tech support, in the end discovered that I had accidentally turned off one of the PCM features that enabled the hotspot.
  2. Which phone app are you using? I used the new app, My Porsche, last night but the older app Porsche Connect should also work.
  3. Have you owned your car more than a year and have you paid for the Porsche Connect subscription? I believe that it is required to send destinations like this (as well as remotely lock/unlock/locate your car).
Old 03-26-2022, 01:51 PM
Riddleric
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mikey94025
I do this all the time and it worked for me just yesterday. Some things to try/check:
  1. Verify your car's SIM card is working. I do it by connected to the wi-fi hotspot via my phone and checking that I can surf the Internet. I had a problem last month, talk to Porsche and AT&T tech support, in the end discovered that I had accidentally turned off one of the PCM features that enabled the hotspot.
  2. Which phone app are you using? I used the new app, My Porsche, last night but the older app Porsche Connect should also work.
  3. Have you owned your car more than a year and have you paid for the Porsche Connect subscription? I believe that it is required to send destinations like this (as well as remotely lock/unlock/locate your car).
I have 2021 still within a year. I had no idea there is going to be a fee after a year of use, guess better not get use to it if I have no intention to pay later. Thank you for the info
Old 03-27-2022, 11:07 AM
rkdav
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Same problem

I'm having the same problem with the My Porsche app as the original poster. The last time I successfully sent a destination to the car's nav system I was using Porsche Connect. Now, having replaced that with My Porsche, the app seems to work correctly but the destination is not received by the car's nav system. Also, destinations I sent previously using Porsche Connect are now missing. Odd. I haven't changed any of the PCM settings for the onboard SIM card. I'm assuming the onboard SIM card is working because the other functions (fuel mileage, etc.) of My Porsche update on the app. I did check the car's device manager. It shows the SIM card can exchange date (green icon) but the app icon for the SIM is white. When I tap that icon, it gives steps to connect the Porsche Connect app but not My Porsche. In other words, I follow all the steps using my iPhone but the My Porsche app does not have the connection dialog box that the car says it should have.

I reinstalled Porsche Connect. It synced with the PCM in the car flawlessly. All my nav destinations are back in the PCM plus the Porsche Connect app has a lot more functionality (tire pressures, alarms, etc.) than My Porsche. I am not a computer guru but it just doesn't seem that My Porsche is ready for release. I'm staying with Porsche Connect.

Last edited by rkdav; 03-27-2022 at 02:44 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by rkdav:
KLOC (03-27-2022), martopoulos (09-05-2022)
Old 09-05-2022, 11:56 PM
martopoulos
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 43 Posts

Same problem as poster above. Never figured it out. New app sucks. I miss being able to manage destinations from desktop, as well, which is no longer available.
Old 09-06-2022, 12:23 AM
mikey94025
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by rkdav
I reinstalled Porsche Connect. It synced with the PCM in the car flawlessly. All my nav destinations are back in the PCM plus the Porsche Connect app has a lot more functionality (tire pressures, alarms, etc.) than My Porsche. I am not a computer guru but it just doesn't seem that My Porsche is ready for release. I'm staying with Porsche Connect.
The new My Porsche app has its faults, but it does have tire pressures, alarms, etc. although there are more difficult to access:
  1. On the main Vehicle tab, click the small "Details" link in the upper-right.
  2. Scroll down, there is Tire Pressure. You can also get recent Trip Data, which is kind of cool.
  3. For alarms, after clicking Details now click Functions section. From there go to PCM Services / Alarms. The Car section shows history of alarms in the last two weeks. A while ago my interior alarm was intermittently going off inside my garage, for no apparently reason, shortly after locking (like this) - This section listed those occurrences.

The following users liked this post:
drgek (09-06-2022)
Old 09-06-2022, 07:57 AM
81romeo
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 32 Posts

Was hit and miss on my 2019 992 4S. It's always working on my 2022 Targa 4S.

I'm using the Porsche Connect app.
Old 09-06-2022, 10:11 AM
Dan006
Racer

Received 172 Likes on 102 Posts

I use the 2 applications and no conflicts… Porsche connect and myporsche
Old 09-06-2022, 03:07 PM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Received 876 Likes on 416 Posts

Last time I sent a destination to my car, the car asked me if I wanted to navigate to it. I was on the way home from when I went. Not much use...

Quick Reply: My Porsche App destination issue