Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where's the sfl composer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2022, 04:45 PM
buckeyedan
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 78 Posts

Thanks 3rd gear. I heard the same update. Inspections are being performed on all cars visible damage or not
Old 03-22-2022, 04:12 PM
HobbsT
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine was also on this ship and I assume it has now been offloaded in RI. My delivery date went from 4/1/22 to 1/6/23. I'm told that all the cars are being inspected for any damage and that they will let me know the status soon.
Old 03-22-2022, 04:17 PM
cucu
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I hope they'll be somewhat efficient in inspecting all the cars, at least to get us some realistic delivery date estimates. My initial date was also early April.

Last I checked tracking sites, it was already in the gulf, it should be in Houston in 2 days...
The following users liked this post:
jennifer911 (04-16-2022)
Old 03-22-2022, 04:37 PM
fryem1220
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dropped one of my cars off for service and take this for what it's worth... The SA said something along the lines of the track the cars are stored in failed in the rough seas and ALL the cars that were inbound to their dealership were damaged. Hoping that's not the case and some of us have no damage. Curious as to how they'll handle the body work etc. and if they'll tell us what had to be repaired. UGHHHHH
Old 03-22-2022, 04:41 PM
cucu
Advanced

At this point I don't think they'll hide any info on damages. My SA already told me they got a report that my particular Macan was in contact with at least one other car. No details on the extent of the damage. With that know, even if the damage is minimal and they repair it before delivery... I'm not sure how I'll feel about paying full price just like for a completely factory new car. No idea how they'll handle the situation...
Old 03-22-2022, 06:07 PM
SMSTX
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Do we know if anyone who had their car coming from the Davisville port, on the SFL composer hear about any possible delays ?
Looks like there were almost 800 Porsches offloaded there

Source: https://www.importinfo.com/search/ma...3-15&port=0502

Their timeline could give us an insight into how things will play out in Houston.
Old 03-22-2022, 06:25 PM
buckeyedan
Instructor

Yes the general manager at my dealership was told that all cars will be inspected whether there is apparent damage or not. He was told none will be released before the end of this month. So basically a 10 day to 14 day delay. Also it is incorrect to say that all were damaged. Official Porsche word was that “some received minor damage”. Whatever that means. To answer another question, most states have consumer protection laws which require a dealer to disclose damage’s to new vehicles. Porsche has spent a lot of time and money to build its reputation so it’s highly unlikely that Porsche would conceal damage to a vehicle to obtain a sale. If you bought from a reputable dealer you should not worry. As for buying one of these as a used car, well that’s a different story.
Old 03-22-2022, 06:46 PM
trlin
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 27 Posts

I’ve got a C2S cab that was on the boat, waiting for an update, fingers crossed!
Old 03-22-2022, 06:53 PM
buckeyedan
Instructor

Good luck trlin. The difficult decision will be whether to accept delivery if a car has been damaged. I would have a hard time buying a new car which has to be spot painted.
Old 03-22-2022, 07:47 PM
NewKidinTown
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by buckeyedan
Good luck trlin. The difficult decision will be whether to accept delivery if a car has been damaged. I would have a hard time buying a new car which has to be spot painted.
I have a 718 GTS and a 718 Spyder coming from this shipment. If either one has paintwork, I will want to refuse delivery and have my deposit refunded unless there is a sizable discount.
Old 03-22-2022, 07:55 PM
buckeyedan
Instructor

I don’t think I would accept it even with a discount. I have a C4S sitting in the dock in Davisville. My wife has a 911 cabriolet being built this week. Hopefully she has better luck than me. Right now it seems like Porsche is snake bit
Old 03-22-2022, 08:22 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,451 Likes on 755 Posts

I think everyone needs to relax.

I had a 2014 GT3 that sat at the Port for 9 months until Porsche found the issue to the engine fires and then sent new engines and they were installed at the Port.

Sure- I debated whether I should continue with the purchase and in the end I was glad I did.

I think minor body damage that is fully repaired should be fine. It will not go on the Car fax ect. If you turn it down you will be waiting another 2 to 3 years for a replacement and some one will still ****** it up at your Dealer.

Porsche will certainly, after they are release them, give the Dealerships any support to make sure you receive your car that is 100% perfect.

Remember- most of us did not marry a Virgin

Last edited by Jimmy-D; 03-22-2022 at 08:23 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jimmy-D:
GT3FZS (03-23-2022), Larry Cable (03-23-2022)
Old 03-22-2022, 08:29 PM
NewKidinTown
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Fine if anyone here will accept a fixed car. Just realize that paint work / body work / re-spray is never up to factory standards and will always be revealed by a paint meter.

Buyers of high end used cars are becoming more savvy and don't rely on Carfax alone.
Old 03-22-2022, 09:09 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,451 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by NewKidinTown
Fine if anyone here will accept a fixed car. Just realize that paint work / body work / re-spray is never up to factory standards and will always be revealed by a paint meter.

Buyers of high end used cars are becoming more savvy and don't rely on Carfax alone.
It is only a car and I never considered a 911/C2S/GTS and Super-car. It is a sports car that is a depreciating asset.

But- everyone has the right to buy or not to buy but I would wait until one has had the chance to visually and mechanically review their car in person.

Hey- for those that paid over MSRP should certainly negotiate down but one man's garbage could be another man's treasure so you need to understand the market dynamics in play
Old 03-22-2022, 09:31 PM
cucu
Advanced

If there will indeed be paintwork and panel repairs, but nothing more significant, I'd accept it, but I would ask for a discount. I'm at MSRP now so let's say 5% would probably make me forget.

On the other hand, mine is a Macan S, somewhat less expensive than the 992s you guys have on the Composer.

Quick Reply: where's the sfl composer?