Sponsored by:

Car Transport Ship Felicity Ace Catches Fire Mid Atlantic

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2022, 09:00 AM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,815 Likes on 984 Posts

Originally Posted by icanthelpit
Okay let me try to get it back on track for you. The ship caught on fire, the crew was safely rescued. The ship sunk. What do you suppose needs to be coordinated and collaborated? Are the folks impacted mounting a salvage operation? Pretty loose use of “tragic “. Unfortunate for sure but tragic? Please.
Yeah, the histrionics blow my mind a bit. A couple of days ago a member on Bimmerpost considered himself [and others] “victimized” because Joe Achilles received his G8X before him/them. In that same thread I pointed to multiple members who had also received their cars in similar timeframe as Joe Achilles and suggested an extended delay while awaiting the delivery of an $80k+ vehicle not victimization. That member didn’t like that very much.
Old 03-18-2022, 09:40 AM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,651 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by Fullyield
Thread was supposed to be a place where the unfortunate 1400 Porsche owners who tragically lost cars on the Felicity Ace could collaborate and coordinate.
While this thread has certainly takes a 90 degree turn, I would doggedly argue it is not in a bad way.

This thread is not "supposed to be a place where the unfortunate 1400 Porsche owners who tragically lost cars on the Felicity Ace could collaborate and coordinate". There is another general RL thread (not in the 992 section) that covers that. This thread was just to discuss the event so no heresy here that it has "gone to the dogs". I see no need to kill the thread. If this thread no longer interests you, stop reading it and let the rest of us continue to enjoy it.

And here you go:

The following 5 users liked this post by Drew46:
981KMAN (03-18-2022), Aaron Lin (03-18-2022), CodyBigdog (03-18-2022), icanthelpit (03-18-2022), peterdouglas (03-18-2022)
Old 03-18-2022, 09:49 AM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,266 Posts

Originally Posted by siberian
OK this is now totally off the rails, so before we seal this one.

We just recently lost our little boy Koyuk, to unknown causes and watched as several genius vets collected money and showed how little they knew or cared while he wasted away. My usual vet was away and I've buried so many in 30 years that I think I've reached a point where I can't bury any more friends; I'm cried out.

I've had a serious discussion with my last 2 girls and had a come to Jesus moment with them. No more illnesses especially as Kiska developed IMPA when she was 4 and Katmai was rescued by the State Troopers from severe abuse - the other dog didn't survive.

The reason I'm telling you this is the day before Koyuk died, our vet Dr. Jeanne Olson returned and we managed to get in with him to see if she could find out why or what he was dying of, a neighbor brought in her dog Friday that had just been hit by a truck. Little Friday lost his entire left leg and suffered a severe concussion. Far from putting him down, she had someone run to Home Depot and built this out of a harness and PVC. 18 days later, today, Friday took his first few steps on his own unaided in his safety harness. To her I dedicate this, her willingness not to give up and push to try and right the wrong. Thanks Jeanne for all you do.

Dr. Jeanne Olson DVM, AF veteran, pilot, A&P mechanic, carpenter, holistic vet, Chickenstock Resident Vet, Yukon Quest vet, human being and my friend.

Friday on the move

Koyuk and Chitina now eternally together

siberian

Man, so sad. I feel your anguish. But it looks like you do well for your dogs, and love them. That’s all we can do. Saying goodbye is incredibly hard…at least for many of us.

My name used on this site, CodyBigDog, is to honor the memory of the last dog, Cody, we had to put down. He lived 14 years, and is a long life for such a “bigDog”.

Dogs are incredible creatures. Loyal to a fault…and a constant companion. My wife and I can’t imagine our lives without a dog, or two around the house. I think if we lived where you are, in Alaska, I would definitely have a “team” of dogs.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 03-18-2022 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-18-2022, 09:54 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,406 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Siberian, love those breed. Especially the heterochromia. This is Duke:

Old 03-18-2022, 10:14 AM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,266 Posts

Nothing better than a day at the beach (off season, so they own the beach) with other Goldens and Labs…OK, I’ll stop now.

Old 03-18-2022, 12:32 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,305 Likes on 1,371 Posts

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm closing this thread as it definitely has gone off the rails. BUT feel free to regroup in the Off Topic room as the saying of "it's not only the cars, it's the people should be amended to "it's the dogs and their people".

siberian
The following users liked this post:
981KMAN (03-18-2022)

Quick Reply: Car Transport Ship Felicity Ace Catches Fire Mid Atlantic