Porsche TYD is this normal?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2022, 11:31 AM
lastsun
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Porsche TYD is this normal?

Hey everyone,

Thanks to your help, I decided to stick with my 992 Base order so today I checked my Porsche TYD and the main page shows that my order has moved from order created to ordered schedule for production (first picture below). However, once I click the "track your dream" link, it shows that it is still in the order created stage with a freeze date of 26 days which is consistent with what I saw before today (second picture below). I am not sure which is showing the accurate information so I wanted to ask anyone if this is a well-known bug or has my order pushed forward?

Also, the picture of my 992 below is showing the very first build that I submitted to the dealer and since then I changed my build multiple times with my dealer. Does this picture not get updated with the new builds I submitted?

My new build has an aero kit with a high gloss black package and my dealer said he should be able to add it so fingers crossed that it gets approved (I know there is still a stop-sale on aero kit but I heard its case by case basis).
Here is my build if anyone is interested http://www.porsche-code.com/PNP7ZKM9.
If my aero kit is rejected, should I still add the sports design package or just leave it out? Any advice is appreciated!

Old 02-05-2022, 01:19 PM
zachr
Burning Brakes

Received 745 Likes on 333 Posts

My TYD is identical, down to the freeze point and dealer arrival dates. Twins! I’m scheduled for production 3/18. I think this is normal — being scheduled for production just means they know when they will build it, and can happen before your freeze point.
The following users liked this post:
lastsun (02-05-2022)
Old 02-05-2022, 01:25 PM
mksz51
Pro

Received 742 Likes on 284 Posts

While I like TYD, it seems to wax and wane on information and overall functionality. Due to that I think it's difficult to judge normal vs. abnormal behavior. At the end of the day it is better than nothing although, you will find, it will uncover your inherent OCD characteristics (you'll be checking it constantly). Congrats and happy waiting!
lastsun (02-05-2022)
Old 02-05-2022, 02:29 PM
breny4104
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 283 Posts

That has been the norm. For me, when I reached the "Scheduled for Production" phase in the myPorsche page, I was 1 month from the freeze date, and about 1.5 months from the "Scheduled for Production" in TYD.
lastsun (02-05-2022)
Old 02-05-2022, 06:18 PM
justinlee
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Your second question is answered by the line of words below the "Track Your Dream" button.
Old 02-05-2022, 08:02 PM
SFC
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

How can I active my TYD? My GTS freeze date is Jan 18, I never receive any link from Porsche. My SA confirms the email address is correct. I log in to Porsche but got nothing. I only have a Comm.No.
Old 02-05-2022, 08:06 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,842 Likes on 1,494 Posts

Don’t worry, I’ve had my car for 18 months and TYD still says its in production. Seriously.
russbert (02-05-2022)
Old 02-05-2022, 11:32 PM
russbert
Burning Brakes

Received 733 Likes on 346 Posts

Mine as well.
aggie57 (02-06-2022)
Old 09-14-2022, 08:49 PM
Stoney901
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by lastsun
Hey everyone,

Thanks to your help, I decided to stick with my 992 Base order so today I checked my Porsche TYD and the main page shows that my order has moved from order created to ordered schedule for production (first picture below). However, once I click the "track your dream" link, it shows that it is still in the order created stage with a freeze date of 26 days which is consistent with what I saw before today (second picture below). I am not sure which is showing the accurate information so I wanted to ask anyone if this is a well-known bug or has my order pushed forward?

Also, the picture of my 992 below is showing the very first build that I submitted to the dealer and since then I changed my build multiple times with my dealer. Does this picture not get updated with the new builds I submitted?

My new build has an aero kit with a high gloss black package and my dealer said he should be able to add it so fingers crossed that it gets approved (I know there is still a stop-sale on aero kit but I heard its case by case basis).
Here is my build if anyone is interested http://www.porsche-code.com/PNP7ZKM9.
If my aero kit is rejected, should I still add the sports design package or just leave it out? Any advice is appreciated!

Mine TYD did this today. Did your dates update or did they stay close to the same?

Quick Reply: Porsche TYD is this normal?