Sponsored by:

Why no Shark Blue?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2021, 03:43 PM
gatorfast
Pro

Received 459 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by suffer
I ordered my 992S in Shark Blue. After seeing the color in person, I knew it was what I wanted. I didn't want to do just another grey/black/white, and SB in person is just amazing. I agree that it's similar to what you'd see on a Ford or whatever, but that doesn't matter to me.
Congrats! No doubt shark blue will look great on your 992s.
Old 11-17-2021, 04:26 PM
Spyder Bite
Pro

Received 719 Likes on 252 Posts

Here is the first pic of my Shark Blue Spyder on the production line. It is now waiting for a ship in Emden. I went back and forth with many colors on the configurator and I kept coming back to shark blue. I think with the Spyder being a topless GT4, it wears the color well. The Spyder will be my fun weekend car and I think the color fits.

I agree with some of the sentiments posted above that the color looks a little out of place on a non-GT car. I don't know if its because the GT3 was launched in this color so it make the non-GT cars look like they are trying to hard.

On a 992, Night Blue would be my choice.

Last edited by Spyder Bite; 11-17-2021 at 04:27 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Go Bruins (11-17-2021)
Old 11-17-2021, 04:51 PM
frunk
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyder Bite
Here is the first pic of my Shark Blue Spyder on the production line. It is now waiting for a ship in Emden. I went back and forth with many colors on the configurator and I kept coming back to shark blue. I think with the Spyder being a topless GT4, it wears the color well. The Spyder will be my fun weekend car and I think the color fits.

I agree with some of the sentiments posted above that the color looks a little out of place on a non-GT car. I don't know if its because the GT3 was launched in this color so it make the non-GT cars look like they are trying to hard.

On a 992, Night Blue would be my choice.

mine will be a cab , breaks it up a bit
Old 11-17-2021, 04:59 PM
Hammbone50
Instructor

Received 120 Likes on 40 Posts

Looks great! Yeah I am worried Shark Blue will look a bit out of place on a less aggressive spec.... GT3 and aero kit cars look great, but not sure it fits standard 992..... which is a bummer as I LOVE the color. Having a tough time deciding on colors for my 992 GTS build but leaning towards Gentian blue.... but lately Python Green has caught my eye!
Old 11-17-2021, 05:16 PM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Received 572 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammbone50
Looks great! Yeah I am worried Shark Blue will look a bit out of place on a less aggressive spec.... GT3 and aero kit cars look great, but not sure it fits standard 992..... which is a bummer as I LOVE the color. Having a tough time deciding on colors for my 992 GTS build but leaning towards Gentian blue.... but lately Python Green has caught my eye!
I agree. I had changed my color to Shark Blue, but then went back to my other co-favorite, Dolomite Silver. With a Targa 4, I thought it a bit too loud. But that blue is very nice.
Old 11-17-2021, 05:39 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

Shark blue looks very different than any photo I have seen. A much nicer more dramatic color in person.

The Nagaro blue is also nice but at $12,000 extra plus sales tax and license fees - Shark blue is a better value for most guys.

Saw this shark blue GT4 last week at a dealer waiting to be delivered - it was really a great looking car. I was relieved as I have a shark blue Boxster GTS being delivered on November 23 and a shark blue GT4 scheduled for a December 7 delivery.

very few buyers that spec shark blue - like myself- have never seen the color in person.

Quick Reply: Why no Shark Blue?