Sponsored by:

GTS interior package

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2021, 05:33 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 752 Likes on 327 Posts
Default GTS interior package

I know it's obscenely expensive . I put it on . I took it off. The biggest issue is that outside of a blip on the promo video a real close up presentation was not available UNTIL NOW . I found it !!
I didn't watch the review . It's not to diss the journalist . I simply didn't feel like it . I patiently looked to see if he shows the interior and at 7 min 40 seconds he comes though !!!!
It;'s gorgeous !!! My exterior color is dolomite but my original exterior was white . This would go so well with white . It actually goes with both. Sigh .

I know it's 8,900 however if a person had the leather, the belts , the dials, the stitching its about the same .

Old 09-23-2021, 01:55 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,266 Likes on 638 Posts

I really like the racetex on the lower dash and glove box…
Old 09-23-2021, 02:33 PM
Sea Wolf
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 24 Posts

We have the GTS interior on our ‘19 Macan GTS. It makes the whole GTS theme look more like a cohesive package in my opinion. We have been impressed by how it has worn. My wife basically treats her Macan like a Jeep Wrangler. Hauls the dog to work every day and seems to like to sprinkle coffee around like a drink offering to the gods once a week. 70k miles later it still looks awesome. I have also experienced a weird problem with alcantara making my hands itch in other cars but not with Porsche’s race-tex. The only thing I do not like is it is more of a grey than black and the stitching has a soft red verging on pink tone to it. I like my blacks black and my reds red. I’m going with the chalk GTS interior in my 992 GTS.
Old 09-23-2021, 08:40 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sea Wolf
We have the GTS interior on our ‘19 Macan GTS. It makes the whole GTS theme look more like a cohesive package in my opinion. We have been impressed by how it has worn. My wife basically treats her Macan like a Jeep Wrangler. Hauls the dog to work every day and seems to like to sprinkle coffee around like a drink offering to the gods once a week. 70k miles later it still looks awesome. I have also experienced a weird problem with alcantara making my hands itch in other cars but not with Porsche’s race-tex. The only thing I do not like is it is more of a grey than black and the stitching has a soft red verging on pink tone to it. I like my blacks black and my reds red. I’m going with the chalk GTS interior in my 992 GTS.
I currently have it in my 991.2 GTS . and love it The difference with the new one is significant. The dials on the last one are not red or chalk . I didn't know if I could handle a big red tachometer in my face . The chalk in very nice but had I chosen the red brakes I felt it clashed . Painting the braises gloss black for an option detracts Fromm the classic red brake . With the yellow ceramics they are such a stand out option that I feel the chalk works well . Its just that to add the ceramic brakes as well as the carbon fiber roof it really added up so I had to give up somertimng. ThenI look at this video and I have doubts . I love it . One last difference is that the race tex is smoother than the alacantara in the last gen cars . Its actually improved.

Now it is true that the material sparks controversy . Nick Murray hates the entire car (which no one has driven) over the silly alcantara . In short the people who hate it really hate it and passengers are a factor in buying a car to enjoy with others too. I find leather hot and sticky in humidity . It;'s ok but not a huge wow like this .

It's two grand more and takes my car just under 170K . Sheesh !! I am still on the fence.
Old 09-23-2021, 08:53 PM
Sea Wolf
Advanced

Nick Murry!!!? … hush falls over the crowd.
Me: Who the hell is Nick Murry?
Old 09-23-2021, 08:55 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sea Wolf
Nick Murry!!!? … hush falls over the crowd.
Me: Who the hell is Nick Murry?
Hes an internet legend of sorts . haha .
Old 09-23-2021, 09:00 PM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

PS. @Sea Wolf I completely disagree with his assessment of the GTS but I dont always disagree with his points or ideas .
Old 09-23-2021, 11:29 PM
Sea Wolf
Advanced

Originally Posted by yrralis1
PS. @Sea Wolf I completely disagree with his assessment of the GTS but I dont always disagree with his points or ideas .
Well … he does have that stuffed monkey though.
Old 04-14-2024, 10:52 PM
Toothengineer
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by yrralis1
I know it's obscenely expensive . I put it on . I took it off. The biggest issue is that outside of a blip on the promo video a real close up presentation was not available UNTIL NOW . I found it !!
I didn't watch the review . It's not to diss the journalist . I simply didn't feel like it . I patiently looked to see if he shows the interior and at 7 min 40 seconds he comes though !!!!
It;'s gorgeous !!! My exterior color is dolomite but my original exterior was white . This would go so well with white . It actually goes with both. Sigh .

I know it's 8,900 however if a person had the leather, the belts , the dials, the stitching its about the same .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX5hmIdGc60
Still trying to figure out what it really adds vs the "Leather/Race-Tex Interior in Black" ... you can spec the dials in white and add the CF interior and its still 3550 more for the "GTS interior package" = does that mean that 3550 is all for chalk stiching.
Old 04-15-2024, 10:08 AM
woobiee
Pro

Received 970 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Toothengineer
Still trying to figure out what it really adds vs the "Leather/Race-Tex Interior in Black" ... you can spec the dials in white and add the CF interior and its still 3550 more for the "GTS interior package" = does that mean that 3550 is all for chalk stiching.
Based on '24 USD pricing:

GTS Pack: $4530 USD
Leather/Race-Tex in Black: $4530 USD

Even though pricing is the same, the GTS Pack also includes Colored stitching, tach, sport chrono, belts floormats, and Carbon included.
If you were to add those back into the Leather/Race-Tex in Black option:

+$420 color tach (locked out of Carmine Red and Chalk)
+$420 color sport chrono (locked out of Carmine Red and Chalk)
+$540 color belts (locked out of Carmine Red)
+$840 carbon trim
$6750

What's fishy is how they change the pricing of the carbon fiber trim depending on the interior package you pick. It's been like this for years: GTS Pack has the carbon trim listed at $3970 but only $840 if you select the Leather/Race-tex interior.
The following users liked this post:
Toothengineer (04-16-2024)
Old 04-15-2024, 11:19 AM
Toothengineer
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by woobiee

Even though pricing is the same, the GTS Pack also includes Colored stitching, tach, sport chrono, belts floormats, and Carbon included.

+$840 carbon trim
$6750

What's fishy is how they change the pricing of the carbon fiber trim depending on the interior package you pick. It's been like this for years: GTS Pack has the carbon trim listed at $3970 but only $840 if you select the Leather/Race-tex interior.
Yep same math I had; so what’s the point of doing the GTS interior package? Sports chrono is standard I thought on all GTS’s and you don’t need the GTS interior package to get.
Old 04-15-2024, 11:59 AM
woobiee
Pro

Received 970 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by Toothengineer
Yep same math I had; so what’s the point of doing the GTS interior package? Sports chrono is standard I thought on all GTS’s and you don’t need the GTS interior package to get.
Not sure what you mean. You get more 'free' stuff with the GTS pack as listed above -- $2220 of stuff included than the Leather/Race-Tex in Black option (albiet locked to either Carmine Red or Chalk accents).

Sports Chrono is included on most, if not all GTS but we are talking about the colored Sports Chrono dial option, not the actual Sport Chrono option
Old 04-15-2024, 03:03 PM
ap2danyo
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+$840 carbon trim
$6750

I asked my SA about this exact pricing discrepancy on my order and he reached out to their product team. They couldn't offer him a good explanation as to how/why the price of that specific forced package option is increased by ~3k when you select the GTS interior package. Really unfortunate that it's obscured behind the CF inlay option.
Old 04-15-2024, 03:27 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,451 Likes on 755 Posts

Not sure what you mean. You get more 'free' stuff with the GTS pack as listed above -- $2220 of stuff included than the Leather/Race-Tex in Black option (albiet locked to either Carmine Red or Chalk accents).

Sports Chrono is included on most, if not all GTS but we are talking about the colored Sports Chrono dial option, not the actual Sport Chrono option
I have the GTS package in Chalk but my steering wheel came with black stitching on my 2022 GTS.

Can anyone confirm if that is a mistake and I should request a new steering wheel?
Old 04-15-2024, 03:54 PM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Received 737 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I have the GTS package in Chalk but my steering wheel came with black stitching on my 2022 GTS.

Can anyone confirm if that is a mistake and I should request a new steering wheel?
Oddly, not a mistake. You need to spec the deviated stitching package to get the wheel in deviated stitch. Adding to the P car oddities, I think if you select the deviated stitch you lose the deviated color on the GTS logo on the headrests.

Quick Reply: GTS interior package