Sponsored by:

GTS interior package

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2024, 04:00 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

Originally Posted by Vicbastige
Oddly, not a mistake. You need to spec the deviated stitching package to get the wheel in deviated stitch. Adding to the P car oddities, I think if you select the deviated stitch you lose the deviated color on the GTS logo on the headrests.
Thanks. It does not look bad but just odd
Old 04-15-2024, 04:54 PM
woobiee
Pro

Received 983 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by Vicbastige
Oddly, not a mistake. You need to spec the deviated stitching package to get the wheel in deviated stitch. Adding to the P car oddities, I think if you select the deviated stitch you lose the deviated color on the GTS logo on the headrests.
Correct on the 1st point. GTS Pack does not give you deviated stitching on the wheel nor the manual shift boot if I recall...gotta get the deviated stitching option. For the second point, if you get the deviated stitching option, your GTS logo on the headrest comes with that color too. That's if you don't opt for the leather/leather interior, which gives you all leather seats that nixes the GTS logo on the headrest all together.

I did a breakdown awhile back on this for my '22 GTS and came to this conclusion:

Considering you want everything that the GTS Pack includes
  1. GTS Pack is the lowest cost provided that you want Carmine Red or Chalk accent color. (However, you will get black stitching for the steering wheel and I think manual shift boot too)
  2. Next is the Leather/Race-Tex Black interior, allowing you to change the interior trim, accent color of the tach, sport chrono dial, and seat belts. Stitching will be black throughout. You pay a slight premium to change colors of those listed items and pick your trim.
  3. Last up is Leather/Race-Tex Black interior with Deviated Stitching option. This is essentially the GTS Pack with your choice of deviated stitching color and it includes steering wheel, rear central tunnel, and manual shift boot.
If you like Carmine Red or Chalk accent, #1 is probably your choice. I don't see any reason for picking #2 unless you don't care about stitching color but really want to change out the colors of the belts, tach/dial colors. #3 being the most costly, gives you the most options to do what you want.

Last edited by woobiee; 04-15-2024 at 04:56 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Toothengineer (04-17-2024)
Old 04-15-2024, 05:05 PM
protamine
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Toothengineer
Still trying to figure out what it really adds vs the "Leather/Race-Tex Interior in Black" ... you can spec the dials in white and add the CF interior and its still 3550 more for the "GTS interior package" = does that mean that 3550 is all for chalk stiching.
Originally Posted by woobiee
Not sure what you mean. You get more 'free' stuff with the GTS pack as listed above -- $2220 of stuff included than the Leather/Race-Tex in Black option (albiet locked to either Carmine Red or Chalk accents).

Sports Chrono is included on most, if not all GTS but we are talking about the colored Sports Chrono dial option, not the actual Sport Chrono option
Originally Posted by woobiee
Correct on the 1st point. GTS Pack does not give you deviated stitching on the wheel nor the manual shift boot if I recall...gotta get the deviated stitching option. For the second point, if you get the deviated stitching option, your GTS logo on the headrest comes with that color too. That's if you don't opt for the leather/leather interior, which gives you all leather seats that nixes the GTS logo on the headrest all together.

I did a breakdown awhile back on this for my '22 GTS and came to this conclusion:

Considering you want everything that the GTS Pack includes
  1. GTS Pack is the lowest cost provided that you want Carmine Red or Chalk accent color. (However, you will get black stitching for the steering wheel and I think manual shift boot too)
  2. Next is the Leather/Race-Tex Black interior, allowing you to change the interior trim, accent color of the tach, sport chrono dial, and seat belts. Stitching will be black throughout. You pay a slight premium to change colors of those listed items and pick your trim.
  3. Last up is Leather/Race-Tex Black interior with Deviated Stitching option. This is essentially the GTS Pack with your choice of deviated stitching color and it includes steering wheel, rear central tunnel, and manual shift boot.
If you like Carmine Red or Chalk accent, #1 is probably your choice. I don't see any reason for picking #2 unless you don't care about stitching color but really want to change out the colors of the belts, tach/dial colors. #3 being the most costly, gives you the most options to do what you want.

The GTS interior package is just like Premium package - its a bundled value package, as woobie said. If you want chalk or carmine, select this and move on.

You can backdoor a GTS package and add

1. Leather and race tex with racetex centers
2. deviated stitch in whatever color you want
3. dials in your color
4. carbon fiber

I did the 'backdoor' GTS package with #1-3 and skipped 4. The GTS has unique to it black aluminum and I did that to save $. If you do 1-3 you end up within a few hundred of the GTS pack.

TO END UP WITH GTS IN A COLOR, RACE TEX SEAT CENTERS MUST BE SELECTED
Old 04-15-2024, 05:17 PM
woobiee
Pro

Received 983 Likes on 318 Posts

+1 Backdoor GTS pack member I did straight down 1-4.
Old 04-16-2024, 08:42 AM
Toothengineer
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by protamine
The GTS interior package is just like Premium package - its a bundled value package, as woobie said. If you want chalk or carmine, select this and move on.

You can backdoor a GTS package and add

1. Leather and race tex with racetex centers
2. deviated stitch in whatever color you want
3. dials in your color
4. carbon fiber

I did the 'backdoor' GTS package with #1-3 and skipped 4. The GTS has unique to it black aluminum and I did that to save $. If you do 1-3 you end up within a few hundred of the GTS pack.

TO END UP WITH GTS IN A COLOR, RACE TEX SEAT CENTERS MUST BE SELECTED
Thank yall for writing all that down; makes sense.

Old 04-16-2024, 09:01 AM
HudsonOH992GTS
Instructor

Received 346 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Thanks. It does not look bad but just odd
I have the same thing with black stitches steering wheel and the rest a GTS interior in Carmine Red - it was going to be one of those special exceptions to get it changed and that can cost a lot of money.

Last edited by HudsonOH992GTS; 04-16-2024 at 09:05 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Toothengineer (04-16-2024)

Quick Reply: GTS interior package