Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2022 Allocation

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2022, 09:52 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 917 Likes on 512 Posts

Just about all the dealers are crooks - Toyota, Ford, Subaru, Lexus - you name it. There needs to be a "great reset" here, states should repeal the dealership franchise exclusivity laws and allow manufacturer direct sales to consumers, like Tesla wants.
The following users liked this post:
Porsche newb (04-01-2022)
Old 04-01-2022, 09:59 PM
Porsche newb
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree. That would be capitalism.
Old 04-02-2022, 09:06 PM
BigPharma
2nd Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I just wanted to share my experience and commiserate a bit with those of us in search of a car. I was on "the list" with my local dealer for about a year, was always promised msrp deal for local buyer. About two months ago was hit with the "due to market conditions we are charging an ADM" which was anywhere from 15-40% depending on trim. I'm in a small market with only one local dealer so I have really been trying to establish the history and not go three hours away to the larger market. I get the impression that these small market guys know they are the only game in town and take advantage. I can't compete with the people who the GM told me "Spend 3MM a year on cars with us". Just kind of sucks and I really love the brand, but the process is exhausting. I got rid of my 718s last year and I really don't want a replacement that isn't a Porsche.

Heads up all and best of luck

The following 2 users liked this post by BigPharma:
Go Bruins (04-03-2022), tomingrassia (04-03-2022)
Old 04-02-2022, 10:10 PM
NYCGT3
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by BigPharma
I just wanted to share my experience and commiserate a bit with those of us in search of a car. I was on "the list" with my local dealer for about a year, was always promised msrp deal for local buyer. About two months ago was hit with the "due to market conditions we are charging an ADM" which was anywhere from 15-40% depending on trim. I'm in a small market with only one local dealer so I have really been trying to establish the history and not go three hours away to the larger market. I get the impression that these small market guys know they are the only game in town and take advantage. I can't compete with the people who the GM told me "Spend 3MM a year on cars with us". Just kind of sucks and I really love the brand, but the process is exhausting. I got rid of my 718s last year and I really don't want a replacement that isn't a Porsche.

Heads up all and best of luck
The dealer doesn’t deserve your loyalty. Get on the phone, make a lot of calls, find a better allocation. Get what you want. You can always have it serviced near home…
Old 04-02-2022, 10:23 PM
ron4sc
Instructor

Received 304 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by BigPharma
I About two months ago was hit with the "due to market conditions we are charging an ADM" which was anywhere from 15-40% depending on trim.
I've waited for forty years to buy my dream car. But there is a limit to when treating yourself for a lifetime of accomplishments turns into a selfish purchase for me. I WANT a 911, I don't NEED a 911. And at the risk of getting my account deleted, we just bought a Tesla Model Y, not even a Model S Plaid, and it's insanely impressive. I can always sit on my $160k, invest it, and buy the car when the market returns to normal.
The following 3 users liked this post by ron4sc:
Go Bruins (04-03-2022), Porsche newb (04-02-2022), Shambler (04-02-2022)
Old 04-03-2022, 12:46 PM
ImpeachS
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 39 Posts

Perhaps a stupid question. As I understand it, I have been "on the allocation list" at my dealer for about 5 months for a Targa 4. I realize that allocations are very limited for that car.

However, how does one really know if they are "on the list" and where on the list they appear? I am told I am on the list by my SA but have received nothing in writing. No deposit was requested when they claimed to "put me on the list". Don't mean to be skeptical but there is alot of BS floating around about getting an allocation.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-03-2022, 12:54 PM
OliverK68
Burning Brakes

Received 388 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by ImpeachS
Perhaps a stupid question. As I understand it, I have been "on the allocation list" at my dealer for about 5 months for a Targa 4. I realize that allocations are very limited for that car.

However, how does one really know if they are "on the list" and where on the list they appear? I am told I am on the list by my SA but have received nothing in writing. No deposit was requested when they claimed to "put me on the list". Don't mean to be skeptical but there is alot of BS floating around about getting an allocation.

Thanks in advance.
All you have is the trust between you and your SA until you receive an allocation.

My allocation was confirmed via an email and a message in My Porsche app.
Old 04-03-2022, 01:01 PM
Shambler
Racer

Received 259 Likes on 135 Posts

Thanks in advance.
My state is the same as yours, though my timeline only started in Jan 22. My SA took my a tentative "Porsche Code" to load my C4 place on the list. When March allocation came, it was for the non-4 models. He confirmed. So, I still remain allegedly at the top of the list for a C4. I hope this is in May when I think the normal allocation cycle would appear, but life is still anything but normal.

Old 04-03-2022, 01:07 PM
MXNSITH
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 56 Posts

Thanks in advance.
My SA showed me the list when I was waiting for an allocation. In the end however, there is nothing that says they put someone ahead of me later. In the end, I trusted my SA based on my relationship with them. They text me periodically when other allocations different than mine came in to see if I was interested in say a Targa or Cab. In the end, I was willing to wait for what I wanted.
Old 04-03-2022, 01:33 PM
Swayze
Instructor

Received 141 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by MXNSITH
My SA showed me the list when I was waiting for an allocation. In the end however, there is nothing that says they put someone ahead of me later. In the end, I trusted my SA based on my relationship with them. They text me periodically when other allocations different than mine came in to see if I was interested in say a Targa or Cab. In the end, I was willing to wait for what I wanted.
I was on the list for maybe a month or two before they had any GTS pricing early last year. Once pricing was confirmed my dealership provided me with an order form where we agreed to the price and they wrote on mine 1st allocation. At this point in time they only had historical knowledge to go off of and said they typically got a few Targa GTS cars a year. So we had high confidence as I was first, but people who joined after I think 2nd or 3rd would be good. Anyone after that nobody would really know. My dealer was very upfront about my list position or lists for other cars and would share that with me. Got my car last week.
Old 04-03-2022, 03:13 PM
fastm3
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been on the waiting list for about a year and half for a Targa 4S, at MSRP. Dealer just called saying he has an allocation for me with expected arrival of August/September. However, my preferred color of Midnight Blue is no longer available and I might have to settle on the Gentian Blue, which I'm not crazy about. Might have to bite the bullet and go Paint to Sample, but that's $11,430, which sucks. In any case, I figure I can get the car, drive it for a couple of years and sell it without too much loss, which isn't bad at all. Now I have to decide whether to do Euro Delivery on it, which would be fun.
The following users liked this post:
Go Bruins (04-04-2022)
Old 04-03-2022, 03:36 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,684 Likes on 5,113 Posts

Thanks in advance.
If you have to be on a “list” you’re essentially waiting like the rest of hoi polloi.

The folks who are really in queue to get an allocation are never really on any “list”.
Old 04-03-2022, 03:54 PM
fastm3
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

....and I just heard that Paint to Sample isn't available, for some reason. Sucks that you're paying this much, and you can't even get what you want!
Old 04-03-2022, 04:01 PM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,651 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by fastm3
....and I just heard that Paint to Sample isn't available, for some reason. Sucks that you're paying this much, and you can't even get what you want!
Not to **** in your cornflakes, I don't think ED is available either.
Old 04-03-2022, 04:05 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,139 Likes on 641 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
If you have to be on a “list” you’re essentially waiting like the rest of hoi polloi.

The folks who are really in queue to get an allocation are never really on any “list”.
This isn't necessarily true. But it's going to vary from dealer to dealer. My point is- it's not necessarily false either.

Case in point. I've bought cars at 5 different dealerships so far. So I got put on "a list" back in October for a 992 C2S by the same SA I used when I bought my 991.2 a couple years ago at let's just say Dealer A for anonymity's sake. Dealer A is an out of state but still semi-local, large market dealer. Actually this dealer has received rave revies by many on this board... anyway, how it went down is I just emailed him with a general inquiry about wait times and possible ADMs and he called me back within 3 minutes after I hit send. Seemed very excited, told me by number the amount of people he had on each "list" by model, and that he could get me an S coupe within 6 months and no ADM. Said he wouldn't need a deposit until he has an allocation, no more than a couple months. I sent him a Porsche code and he said I'm good to go, he'll let me know when he has something.

I STILL have not heard back from this dude despite several attempts, phone and email.

So a couple weeks of no response, I reached out to Dealer B. Dealer B is the closest dealer to my house, fairly small market, and where I have all my cars serviced. I also bought a 2020 Macan S from this dealer in 2019, and have been consistently invited to very fun track day experiences completely gratis. I was told originally (same time I called Dealer A) that I couldn't get a C2S through them for 12-24 months, GTS would be 2+ years. I passed initially, thinking that Dealer A was the way to go because that was quite the disparity. However, when I reached back to Dealer B after being Ghosted by Dealer A, the news was more upbeat. 9-12 months for an S, 12-15 months for a GTS. No ADM, but I would need to put down a modest deposit. I placed a deposit for an S, but changed it to a GTS a couple weeks later. My SA sent me a build sheet with a V070 on it and maintained contact for the next several months.

I just got a call two weeks ago that I had an allocation, and an updated build sheet with V200 and a delivery date in August.

Again, point of these stories is YMMV. It really is all trust until you get that V200 and TYD email...

Quick Reply: 2022 Allocation