Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 992 Engine Mount issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2023, 05:38 PM
AlfaM5
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 50 Posts

I have this. 2023 GTS manual. In idle I sometimes here it from the right rear. I give it a bit of gas, it goes away and then comes back. I'm thinking about having the dealer hear it but not to keen on letting them open the car up unless they know 100% what the issue is.
Old 09-19-2023, 07:08 PM
Tompoodie
Pro

Received 230 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by malba2366
Sure you can. The MagneRide systems were developed by Delphi. Delphi sold its suspension division to a Chinese company called BWI...Porsche is now getting these mounts from BWI.
Point taken, the current manufacturers could improve the design but thus far have chosen not to.

Last edited by Tompoodie; 09-19-2023 at 07:10 PM.
Old 09-20-2023, 01:06 AM
Birkinjay
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Patrick Pigulski
rev d waiting to be installed .rev e still in design mode
pcna mailed 1500 and wouldn’t take my call or return calls
thisi
is my seventh and if they don’t fix it or take it back which is unlikely as they won’t take my call this will be it
hi, what is rev D and rev E? 😅

thanks Patrick
Old 09-21-2023, 03:59 PM
SDias
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I thought I was being nitpicky with this matter, but it seems I´m not the only one that thinks it is somehow unacceptable to have this kind of issue in a brand new car, especially from this particular brand. I have a Carrera S 2023 with SportChrono (delivered this August) and I immediately noticed this noise exiting the dealer lot! I´ve seen the 2 videos shared by other users and they are spot on, that´s exactly that noise.

I booked that same week a visit to the dealer because I was worried that something went wrong at the factory, maybe some german at the production line forgot to tighten something. Mistakes happen, altough unlikely... .

I went along in my car with the Porsche dealer chief engineer and he clearly heard the noise. Said it was not the first one and that some time ago another customer with the same complaint made them change gearbox, engine mounts,... and the car stayed the same. He also said the culprits were most certainly the engine mounts but that there was nothing to do and the best thing was to just learn to live with with!

I have another Carrera S 2023 at my household but it doesn´t have SportChrono and it is quiet and solid.

Since my car is brand spanking new, it must be fitted with the latest revision of engine mounts, maybe rev D(amn!).

Let´s see what those future revisions bring...
Old 09-21-2023, 04:17 PM
HudsonOH992GTS
Instructor

Received 335 Likes on 97 Posts

Mine is scheduled to go in Oct 2. Same exact deal. I don’t want them tearing the car apart if they don’t know the solution. Who would live with it vs have the dealer service it?

I took delivery July 18, 2023 and heard it when I left the dealership.
Old 09-21-2023, 04:20 PM
pbcsd
Racer

Received 140 Likes on 74 Posts

This is a 2020 C4S, is this the same noise?

Old 09-21-2023, 04:30 PM
TexasIowan
Advanced

Received 67 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by pbcsd
This is a 2020 C4S, is this the same noise?

https://youtube.com/shorts/Hv9_K1wVrhs
that sounds more like a trim vibration to me, but you never know.
Old 09-21-2023, 04:32 PM
pbcsd
Racer

Received 140 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasIowan
that sounds more like a trim vibration to me, but you never know.
Happens at 1500-2000 RPMs, as soon as I accelerate a tad to get say 0.1 bar/boost on the turbo, most pronounced in 3rd/4th gear, less so in 5th/6th.
The following users liked this post:
Birkinjay (09-21-2023)
Old 09-24-2023, 02:21 PM
Birkinjay
Instructor

Originally Posted by murdog
I have a 23 GTS that has developed this noise. I did not notice it until around 500 miles. I took the car in for an oil leak at 900 miles (bad upper oil pan gasket) and asked them to check the noise out too. At first the tech did not notice it. I then went for a ride and after a few miles he could hear it. Mine is most noticeable at low speed and low RPMs. It sounds like a loose shock mount or something suspension related. They removed the rear bumper and did something around an air intake that they thought fixed it, but it did not. I will ask them to look into the motor mount issue. Frustrating to have these types of problems with a car this expensive. My wife's new Denali seems better built than this Porsche.
Does your GTS have Sport-PASM or PASM?
Old 09-24-2023, 08:28 PM
Patrick Pigulski
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Birkinjay
hi, what is rev D and rev E? 😅

thanks Patrick
4th revision and 5th revision of the motor mounts.
THey change the last letter when they make a new version
MIne goes in Tuesdayfor rev d which will be the third try.

The following users liked this post:
Onami (04-26-2024)
Old 10-03-2023, 10:45 AM
rickstd
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 32 Posts

2023 GTS 1300 miles. Started getting the PADM fault last week, it was intermittent. Then yesterday, the right front wheel assembly started making a grinding/crunching noise and it sounded like the brake disc was warped and rubbing on metal. Had it towed to the dealer.

They're replacing the motor mounts under the Technical Bulletin, however Porsche is changing suppliers so not sure when they'll be available. Great.

Still looking into the grinding noise.
Old 10-03-2023, 10:48 AM
Birkinjay
Instructor

Originally Posted by rickstd
2023 GTS 1300 miles. Started getting the PADM fault last week, it was intermittent. Then yesterday, the right front wheel assembly started making a grinding/crunching noise and it sounded like the brake disc was warped and rubbing on metal. Had it towed to the dealer.

They're replacing the motor mounts under the Technical Bulletin, however Porsche is changing suppliers so not sure when they'll be available. Great.

Still looking into the grinding noise.
You have to wait for an engine mount to arrive with no estimated time? I have heard that Rear tail light is on backorder as well
Old 10-03-2023, 11:25 AM
tmslc
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by 360MVA
PNA doesn't give a F. I have been dealing with them on my car and they are worthless. This isn't the Porsche of old. Set your expectations accordingly.
it’s true. porsche are mainstream now. not 911s but everything else they make.

not to pile on, but porsche customer service could be improved but it can everywhere. it in every industry. it’s sad.

Old 10-03-2023, 12:11 PM
Autobacs
Racer

Received 155 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Birkinjay
You have to wait for an engine mount to arrive with no estimated time? I have heard that Rear tail light is on backorder as well
What happens to the car? Are you going to get a loaner for the entire time while they redesign the mount or get it from another supplier?

Why are you ordering a rear tail light? I brought my car in one time and the dealer accidently chipped one of my rear tail lights and had to replace it. I didn't see it until I washed my car. When you pick up your car you really have to check it at the dealership. My advice is to thoroughly wash the car before you bring it in so that when you pick it up it, will be easier to see any scratches or damage.
Old 10-03-2023, 01:29 PM
Birkinjay
Instructor

Originally Posted by Autobacs
What happens to the car? Are you going to get a loaner for the entire time while they redesign the mount or get it from another supplier?

Why are you ordering a rear tail light? I brought my car in one time and the dealer accidently chipped one of my rear tail lights and had to replace it. I didn't see it until I washed my car. When you pick up your car you really have to check it at the dealership. My advice is to thoroughly wash the car before you bring it in so that when you pick it up it, will be easier to see any scratches or damage.
I’m just an OCD guy. But not gonna order the whole rear tail light myself.
the ppf car left traces of box cutter on my rear tail light. Also on my side mirror. They said the mirror is needed to repaint. I was like…”im not gonna have my car torn apart at the first week of an ownership” also, some cracks inside tail light. I don’t know if this cracks happened on it own or from the ppf guy again.

p.s. sorry guy this reply is not about engine mount. However, I’m waiting for the solution of this engine mount problem too

Lower is crack. Upper circle is a trace of cutter

Yellow is a trace of box cutter, orange is kinda like water spot but can’t be cleaned off

Quick Reply: New 992 Engine Mount issue