Sponsored by:

Over optioned GTS?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2021, 06:24 AM
yrralis1
Burning Brakes

Received 758 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by riotgear
1.) The guy lives in California 2.) If a hurricane bears down I’m taking my diesel powered 4x4 truck, not a 911 3.) What does electric cars have to do with this?
California did have outages during the heat wave and the strain on the electrical grid did effect EV owners . Luckily ICE cars got through it . It was not the case everywhere . He did voice that he takes trips with it. Most people fill up ALL their cars . If one gets low another car become available . Maybe you haven't been through a month of no power . Either way gas and electric are important anywhere and its a $230 option on a 180K car . Its not a big deal either way .
Old 07-22-2021, 11:44 AM
phaser
Banned

Received 429 Likes on 238 Posts

Gotta love a place like CA. They promote EVs as an environmental badge of honor which they are clearly not. At the same time the flower children have closed enough power plants that electric shortages complete with 3rd world country style blackouts occur all happening as the demand for electric power increases with each additional electric vehicle on the road. God help the rational folks who have to live in that state for whatever reason.
Old 07-22-2021, 01:26 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 409 Likes on 209 Posts

Really? You're at again with your CA drivel? Didn't anyone ever teach you when you don't have something nice to say, just keep it to yourself? We get it. Enjoy the perfect state of FL. I think you need to take your own advice from other threads and give it rest.

Anyways, back to the topic. OP, while you have checked a lot of boxes, it doesn't seem too over the top. I'm a firm believer of getting the options you want as they add to the enjoyment. That said, a few opinions since you asked. I would skip the Burmester; with the increased noise in the cabin of the GTS, I doubt you would be able appreciate the sound and Bose in the 992 is definitely an upgrade from the Bose in my '11 and '15 P cars. Like others have said, get PPF done by a reputable shop afterwards. Matrix lights are only for looks. And the illuminated door sills, while cool looking for sure, are a little pricey IMO. Re: the extended fuel tank, who doesn't like extra range? I added that to my build. I personally don't like LKA and wouldn't use ACC, but others who have ACC swear by it. YMMV.

Good luck with securing an allocation! I'm still waiting to hear if I'm able to get in on the first wave.

Last edited by slwong23; 07-22-2021 at 01:29 PM.
Old 07-22-2021, 02:29 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,460 Likes on 801 Posts

Originally Posted by slwong23
Didn't anyone ever teach you when you don't have something nice to say, just keep it to yourself?
how boring would these forums and indeed life be if everyone followed this advice. ;-)
Old 07-22-2021, 04:34 PM
phaser
Banned

Originally Posted by dhirm5
how boring would these forums and indeed life be if everyone followed this advice. ;-)
Exactly! Thank You.
I guess it is taboo to mention the nonsensical policies and practices in that state.
Old 07-22-2021, 04:42 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,319 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by yrralis1
In Florida when a hurricane bears down gas stations pile up with long lines of people who not only fill their tanks but get extra cans for generators . If it hits many stations lose power . Electric cars are in deep manure and with an ICE car every sip might become handy. Its not an expensive option no matter where one lives.
Living in AK we always have a Plan B & C with stocks of type 1 diesel (for Olga my skid steer), type 2 (1,000 gals. heating oil), extra 100 pound propane tanks for cooking and oodles of Jerry cans for the Macan, Touareg and 992 which we cycle through the year always having month(s) of spare gas. Extended tank is not important, but AWD is, again YMMV depending on where you live.

siberian
Old 07-22-2021, 04:57 PM
riotgear
Rennlist Member

Received 481 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by phaser
Exactly! Thank You.
I guess it is taboo to mention the nonsensical policies and practices in that state.
I don’t mind the California bashing as I’ve done incredibly well here. The weather and roads are awesome. What is annoying is the constant random arguments. Next we’ll hear about needing the glass roof for UFOs and Big Foot sightings.

Can’t beat these Bay Area roads!

The following 3 users liked this post by riotgear:
Booth9999 (07-25-2021), harrish1985 (07-30-2021), Master Deep (07-27-2021)
Old 07-22-2021, 05:04 PM
phaser
Banned

I don’t mind the California bashing as I’ve done incredibly well here. The weather and roads are awesome. What is annoying is the constant random arguments. Next we’ll hear about needing the glass roof for UFOs and Big Foot sightings.

Can’t beat these Bay Area roads!

Great shot, very cool stuff.
Old 07-22-2021, 05:10 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,460 Likes on 801 Posts

from where i'm sitting, california is amazing in most ways that matter. car culture is amazing there, esp compared to the northeast. that's the biggest thing i wish i had. so many people into their cars, mod shops, ppl that build racers. numerous options for raceways. fabulous environs. beautiful women. few people that move west from east ever come back in my observation.
Old 07-22-2021, 05:35 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dhirm5
It's more about the incessant hyperbole, exaggeration, and often times, misinformation. If I wanted to read/hear those things, I'd tune into any news site/channel. Perhaps it's just me, but I don't think we need more of it to make anything more interesting. I need to find that ignore feature.
Old 07-22-2021, 06:54 PM
phaser
Banned

Originally Posted by slwong23
It's more about the incessant hyperbole, exaggeration, and often times, misinformation. If I wanted to read/hear those things, I'd tune into any news site/channel. Perhaps it's just me, but I don't think we need more of it to make anything more interesting. I need to find that ignore feature.
You seem quite sensitive and thin skinned about where you live. Sorry if my general statements about things many of us see as quite foolish in your state upset you.
Old 07-22-2021, 07:03 PM
riotgear
Rennlist Member

Received 481 Likes on 211 Posts

You seem quite sensitive and thin skinned about where you live. Sorry if my general statements about things many of us see as quite foolish in your state upset you.
Serious who cares? Many more pros than cons and if you live here you know what I mean.

Any given Sunday at my local shopping center. If you love cars and driving, California is hard to beat.

Old 07-22-2021, 07:27 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,770 Likes on 5,137 Posts

No no. Everyone who hates CA is right. It sucks. Stay away. Stay far far away.
Old 07-22-2021, 08:22 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Thank you for proving my point. All good, you do you.
Old 07-22-2021, 08:30 PM
phaser
Banned

Serious who cares? Many more pros than cons and if you live here you know what I mean.

Any given Sunday at my local shopping center. If you love cars and driving, California is hard to beat.

I was born in Oceanside CA and we left when I was about 8 and that was in the 60s. If its home for a person then that it is and a real reason to stay. I have absolutely no tolerance for idiotic pie in the sky Liberal nonsense, CA would not be a place I would be looking to relocate to. Glad you are happy there. Enjoy, you certainly have a nice group of new vehicles to play with!

Quick Reply: Over optioned GTS?