Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2021, 06:04 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,170 Likes on 1,227 Posts

All the Covid chatter has been moved to the Covid catch all thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/politics...catch-all.html

Those of you who participated in this conversation are just as guilty as those you are tossing stones at for derailing this thread. I'll never understand how grown adults cannot learn how to ignore things.

This whole thread probably belongs in Off Topic anyway, but I see the benefit for everyone to be able to discuss how this effects Porsche owners in Cali. Please try and keep it at least somewhat on topic of testing / tuning etc... cars. OK?

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
PS - If u want to keep track, the derail starts with post #9. I only respond.
Seriously? This is the grown up version of "But he hit me first, teacher". Try this: Don't Respond, it really is that simple.
Old 08-06-2021, 06:43 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Originally Posted by hacker-pschorr
All the Covid chatter has been moved to the Covid catch all thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/politics...catch-all.html

Those of you who participated in this conversation are just as guilty as those you are tossing stones at for derailing this thread. I'll never understand how grown adults cannot learn how to ignore things.

This whole thread probably belongs in Off Topic anyway, but I see the benefit for everyone to be able to discuss how this effects Porsche owners in Cali. Please try and keep it at least somewhat on topic of testing / tuning etc... cars. OK?

Seriously? This is the grown up version of "But he hit me first, teacher". Try this: Don't Respond, it really is that simple.

The dude,

I get your point, but let me ask you this question - what is the purpose of any discussion board? For me, it’s the exchange of information…and hopefully, factual information, so I can learn something new…although much of what I see here is just opinion. That said, if I see a post that is misleading or false (generally speaking, and not specific to any post)…we should ignore it? Can’t speak for others, but that’s not how I was raised, or how I raised my kids.

Like it or not, we now live in a society that has been permeated by false, or mis-information - on almost any topic you can think of. Letting it pass is certainly the easy thing to do….but don’t think that (ultimately) helps anybody….although probably makes your job easier. Just my two cents.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 08-06-2021 at 07:07 PM.
The following 7 users liked this post by CodyBigdog:
AlterZgo (08-06-2021), Benedict14 (08-07-2021), goin2drt (09-01-2021), Mark S (08-06-2021), Noah Fect (08-06-2021), SBAD (08-08-2021), slwong23 (08-06-2021) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-21-2021, 01:45 PM
peterdouglas
Burning Brakes

Received 357 Likes on 189 Posts
Default R&T: California ECU testing update

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...ars/?source=nl
The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (08-21-2021)
Old 08-21-2021, 04:05 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,661 Likes on 1,019 Posts

Originally Posted by peterdouglas
it sounds like what they really want is to get more tuners to certify their ECU changes so everybody can go on their merry way, except crazy **** like coal rolling diesel. Pita.
Old 08-22-2021, 11:31 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,170 Likes on 1,227 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
The dude,

I get your point, but let me ask you this question - what is the purpose of any discussion board? For me, it’s the exchange of information…and hopefully, factual information, so I can learn something new…although much of what I see here is just opinion. That said, if I see a post that is misleading or false (generally speaking, and not specific to any post)…we should ignore it? Can’t speak for others, but that’s not how I was raised, or how I raised my kids.

Like it or not, we now live in a society that has been permeated by false, or mis-information - on almost any topic you can think of. Letting it pass is certainly the easy thing to do….but don’t think that (ultimately) helps anybody….although probably makes your job easier. Just my two cents.
I get all that, I really do. But at the end of the day this is still a Porsche technical discussion forum. If every topic under the sun were kept in the various tech areas, we'd lose the tech discussion pretty darn fast. That's why we have Off Topic and the P&D area. We're not restricting such discussions, just asking everyone to keep things in their area. Imagine a library without the Dewey Decimal System (odd example yes, but the best I can come up with).

When such topics pop up, instead of addressing them yourself, just report the post. If the mods agree it doesn't belong here, we'll either delete it and send that person a PM about why they were deleted or the post / thread will be moved to the appropriate area.

This thread walks a tight-rope already since global warming / environmental discussion would normally be moved to P&D. As a tuner myself, I see the importance of having this discussion in the various tech areas where folks feel it's helpful to discuss how it may affect ye'all in California or other states with similar regulations.
Old 08-22-2021, 11:43 AM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Originally Posted by hacker-pschorr
I get all that, I really do. But at the end of the day this is still a Porsche technical discussion forum. If every topic under the sun were kept in the various tech areas, we'd lose the tech discussion pretty darn fast. That's why we have Off Topic and the P&D area. We're not restricting such discussions, just asking everyone to keep things in their area. Imagine a library without the Dewey Decimal System (odd example yes, but the best I can come up with).

When such topics pop up, instead of addressing them yourself, just report the post. If the mods agree it doesn't belong here, we'll either delete it and send that person a PM about why they were deleted or the post / thread will be moved to the appropriate area.

This thread walks a tight-rope already since global warming / environmental discussion would normally be moved to P&D. As a tuner myself, I see the importance of having this discussion in the various tech areas where folks feel it's helpful to discuss how it may affect ye'all in California or other states with similar regulations.

The dude abides.

As Jim Rome would say, “Have a take, and just don’t suck”.

Quick Reply: R&T: California to test ECUs