Stop Sale on 2022 Aerokits

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2021, 05:45 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,850 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by Skychoi42

This is the email that I just got
My SA added the AeroKit and my status went to V100: Feasibility Check Failed. He’s going to let it sit for a few days and see what happens.

Old 11-11-2021, 05:54 PM
Skychoi42
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by M3Inline6
My SA added the AeroKit and my status went to V100: Feasibility Check Failed. He’s going to let it sit for a few days and see what happens.

good good good!!!!! Let’s cross it
Old 11-12-2021, 12:56 AM
pinetree3
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

Doesn’t this email mean you haven’t crossed your freeze point (Nov 30) yet? In this case, isn’t there still a chance your build is rejected on freeze point.

Also probably not related but where are you all from? US or Canada or elsewhere? Not that it matters.

I am trying to get confirmation from my SA as well but I had the aerokit and mine is supposed to be in production. The freeze point crossed last month. Unless there was a huge delay or my SA grossly didn’t check in to see an error thrown I have my fingers crossed.

This is the email that I just got
Old 11-12-2021, 01:00 AM
Skychoi42
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pinetree3
Doesn’t this email mean you haven’t crossed your freeze point (Nov 30) yet? In this case, isn’t there still a chance your build is rejected on freeze point.

Also probably not related but where are you all from? US or Canada or elsewhere? Not that it matters.

I am trying to get confirmation from my SA as well but I had the aerokit and mine is supposed to be in production. The freeze point crossed last month. Unless there was a huge delay or my SA grossly didn’t check in to see an error thrown I have my fingers crossed.
yeah I wish crashing the freeze point with aerokit safely. So far I didn’t hear any bad news from my SA. And I don’t really know why he was showing confident that the aerokit would be remained. I’m living in States.
Old 11-12-2021, 03:06 PM
Skychoi42
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pinetree3

update: order kicked back today ;(
Old 11-12-2021, 03:30 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

update: order kicked back today ;(
That’s what I feared would happen. Do you have an alternative build minus the AeroKit?
Old 11-12-2021, 03:33 PM
Skychoi42
Intermediate

That’s what I feared would happen. Do you have an alternative build minus the AeroKit?
my SA said I can either stay in production and add thru dealer order part or just cancel it. Considering the cost that add up later, I would still wait until aerokit is available. I do really like the aerokit.
Old 11-12-2021, 03:41 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

my SA said I can either stay in production and add thru dealer order part or just cancel it. Considering the cost that add up later, I would still wait until aerokit is available. I do really like the aerokit.
Keep your allocation! You’re lucky to have one. Add the Sport Design kit to your build (…which is essentially the AeroKit without the wing) and add the wing later. Suncoast Porsche will be able to order the wing as soon as Porsche is caught up with production. I’ve had multiple conversations with Suncoast about retrofitting the OEM AeroKit wing and the GT3’s duckbill (…or you could buy the aftermarket version). You’ll end up paying about the same amount as you would’ve had the full kit been available. Many people have already swapped out the active aero for the fixed wing. It is not difficult to do.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 11-12-2021 at 03:42 PM.
Old 11-12-2021, 04:48 PM
Skychoi42
Intermediate

Keep your allocation! You’re lucky to have one. Add the Sport Design kit to your build (…which is essentially the AeroKit without the wing) and add the wing later. Suncoast Porsche will be able to order the wing as soon as Porsche is caught up with production. I’ve had multiple conversations with Suncoast about retrofitting the OEM AeroKit wing and the GT3’s duckbill (…or you could buy the aftermarket version). You’ll end up paying about the same amount as you would’ve had the full kit been available. Many people have already swapped out the active aero for the fixed wing. It is not difficult to do.
thanks mate. I did exactly what you suggested. Took off aerokit and put sport design package instead.
appreciated
The following users liked this post:
M3Inline6 (11-12-2021)
Old 11-12-2021, 06:43 PM
rouxeny
Pro

Received 397 Likes on 195 Posts

How much would Suncoast sell the parts for? Isn’t the wing about a 2k premium over the SD kit? I would guess that the parts/painting/labor to add on a wing would be more than 2k? Not to mention that at time of sale, it’d be seen as an add-on by some?

I really hope the aerokit is available when I eventually get to order.
Old 11-12-2021, 07:01 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Originally Posted by rouxeny
How much would Suncoast sell the parts for? Isn’t the wing about a 2k premium over the SD kit? I would guess that the parts/painting/labor to add on a wing would be more than 2k? Not to mention that at time of sale, it’d be seen as an add-on by some?

I really hope the aerokit is available when I eventually get to order.
Suncoast wouldn’t release specific pricing, but I was assured that cost would be similar to what it would have been had the full kit been outfitted at the factory. Sure, if you’re not the DIY type, you’d have to pay somebody to install it, but I’ve watched install videos and it’s fairly straightforward with basic tools. You’ll have to go to a dealer to code the PCM for the removal of the active aero, but that’s not a huge obstacle. You’d pay a few hundred for paint, but considering that Suncoast tends to sell at a discount, I don’t see the price of retrofitting being an obstacle either. If a person decided to sell the car and the new buyer didn’t want the AeroKit wing, you could simply remove it and sell it (…just like you’d do with any other mod/add-on).
rouxeny (11-13-2021)
Old 11-12-2021, 10:55 PM
Skychoi42
Intermediate

Suncoast wouldn’t release specific pricing, but I was assured that cost would be similar to what it would have been had the full kit been outfitted at the factory. Sure, if you’re not the DIY type, you’d have to pay somebody to install it, but I’ve watched install videos and it’s fairly straightforward with basic tools. You’ll have to go to a dealer to code the PCM for the removal of the active aero, but that’s not a huge obstacle. You’d pay a few hundred for paint, but considering that Suncoast tends to sell at a discount, I don’t see the price of retrofitting being an obstacle either. If a person decided to sell the car and the new buyer didn’t want the AeroKit wing, you could simply remove it and sell it (…just like you’d do with any other mod/add-on).
mate, I did follow your route get the sport design package instead of aerokit. I also get sport design skirt. My SA sent me V200 build sheet as well.
mom gonna see if I can find the wing from China manufacture directly.
M3Inline6 (11-12-2021)
Old 11-12-2021, 11:18 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

mate, I did follow your route get the sport design package instead of aerokit. I also get sport design skirt. My SA sent me V200 build sheet as well.
mom gonna see if I can find the wing from China manufacture directly.
Good stuff. I’ll shoot you a P/M with the link of one I’ve seen in person that has really good fitment.
Old 11-13-2021, 04:25 AM
hawkinsmc
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 21 Posts

Anyone find a good quality aerokit (wing). I saw the DMC wing, anyone have one and can comment on fitment? https://dmc.ag/product/porsche-992-a...-wing-spoiler/
Old 11-14-2021, 10:10 PM
passat774
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Can you link me the installation process you have viewed online?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Stop Sale on 2022 Aerokits