Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First time Porsche Buyer, excited and perplexed about the build.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2021, 07:58 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 678 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by SF_
I'm also in SF - do you have SPASM or the standard suspension?
I know this is gonna get a lot of backlash but FAL is a waste unless u have an insane driveway, waste of $3500 + tax imo.

I got a GT3rs and no FAL, and I don't scrape much here in LA. and when I do....it is a a black rubber scraper thing, meant to get messed up, also many times where I wouldn't have pressed the lift you would scrape anyways so kind of defeats the purpose as there is no way even with it you are avoiding scraping that thing unless you keep it up all times and never go over the 35mph it goes down at.

What most people forget is this: The older a car gets, the less anyone will care about the options outside performance...

a 964, 993, 996, 997 GT or not.....It adds pretty much no value if it has convenience packages, upgraded stereos, lifts, deviated stitching lol, colored gauges, colored belts, leather whatever....the older is gets the less value options have. Rare brighter colors is pretty much the only thing that consistently adds value in the long term

So my advice, spend the money on the upgraded model, not the options. a bone stock GTS will always be worth more than an S with 15k in options....

Old 04-24-2021, 09:16 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,306 Likes on 1,372 Posts

If I didn't have FAL I would bury the front of the car before the tires start the incline; summer or winter. A definite plus. As with everything, you tailor the car to where you live, how your drive and what blows up your kilt. A wrecked GTS is not worth an S with FAL. Just saying

siberian

Quick Reply: First time Porsche Buyer, excited and perplexed about the build.