Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 s or 992 base

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2021, 07:20 PM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 304 Posts

I traded in a 991.2 Turbo S for a 992 Targa 4S. Obviously the difference in power is noticeable, but the feel and responsiveness of the 992 is on another level. And the upgrades to the interior are significant. Would go with a 992, especially with the chance to option it exactly as you want.
Old 02-07-2021, 11:13 AM
casaforte9
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

We decided to find an allocation for a 2021 or 2022 992 carerra - either coupe or a cab, if coupe it will be chalk , Bordeaux red two tone , Matt black wheels, Bordeaux seat belts , sport chrono in red, PSE, premium package , 14 way seats , psp, sunroof in glass, ACC, LCA, heated GT sport steering wheel

‘’cab : gentian blue , blue top , two tone chalk interior , Matt black wheels , psp, clear tail lights , sport chron0 in white, chalk belts, and above options

‘The wireless car play is nice as not to keep fiddling with a wire every single time as that gets used a lot .

Last edited by casaforte9; 02-07-2021 at 11:23 AM.
The following users liked this post:
smiles11 (02-07-2021)
Old 02-07-2021, 11:24 AM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by casaforte9
We decided to find an allocation for a 2021 or 2022 911 carerra - either coupe or a cab, if coupe it will be chalk , Bordeaux red two tone , Matt black wheels, Bordeaux seat belts , sport chrono in red, PSE, premium package , 14 way seats , psp, sunroof in glass, ACC, LCA, heated GT sport steering wheel

‘’cab : gentian blue , blue top , two tone chalk interior , Matt black wheels , psp, clear tail lights , sport chron0 in white, chalk belts, and above options

‘The wireless car play is nice as not to keep fiddling with a wire every single time as that gets used a lot .
Excellent choice! If you go with the Gentian Blue cab (nice color.....) just one thing to consider based on some advice I got from my SM when configuring my Targa 4S. Original build was Night Blue with blue Targa top. His (strong) advice was to reconsider the blue top because it is a very different shade of blue - and I think different from Gentian. Can get a bit "busy" looking with that and he suggested black top. I ended up with GT silver anyway (with black top), but just something to consider.

Wireless car play is nice but it's annoying that it uses your in-car wireless network for that connection. So your wireless service is not available for streaming music or for use as a hot spot for other devices. Seems kind of stupid to me, but I presume there's no way around it (there's no workaround from our end).

Good luck and enjoy the hunt.
Old 02-07-2021, 11:34 AM
casaforte9
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Thx DG.
we were able to see night blue( similar to 991.1 dark blue ) with blue top and gentian with blue top outside and gentian and blue top had a better contrast/overall look over night blue and blue top .

I am not sure what the in-car wirleless network is, can the wireless car play allow podcasts/Apple Maps /Apple Music be played thru car stereo like the way a wired one does in my gts ?
Old 02-07-2021, 11:41 AM
dgtarga
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by casaforte9
Thx DG.
we were able to see night blue( similar to 991.1 dark blue ) with blue top and gentian with blue top outside and gentian and blue top had a better contrast/overall look over night blue and blue top .

I am not sure what the in-car wirleless network is, can the wireless car play allow podcasts/Apple Maps /Apple Music be played thru car stereo like the way a wired one does in my gts ?
Good that you got to see it in person.

Yes, you can do all those things with wireless car play, but the system will be using your cellular data plan rather than the embedded SIM card and wireless network (which you have to pay for through AT&T). You can opt to get a separate external SIM card, which inactivates the embedded SIM, but I believe that wireless car play hijacks that wireless connection too. It's not as big of an issue if you have 5G service on your cell phone as the speeds will keep up for the most part. I use an HD streaming service and even 5G sometimes cuts out, so I have turned off the wireless car play option and use Apple Car Play through the USB connection. With that arrangement the in car wireless network is being used for the streaming and is available as a hot spot to others.

Last edited by dgtarga; 02-07-2021 at 11:43 AM.

Quick Reply: 991.2 s or 992 base