Sponsored by:

HELP I Locked Myself Out

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2021, 05:42 PM
Dakmary
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default HELP I Locked Myself Out

OK I’m gonna get straight to it. I fully disconnected the battery and by mistake I closed the hood (frunk)!! Now the car has zero power supply and I can’t open the frunk. I tried performing emergency release of luggage compartment lid as per the manual with no luck. I used two different portable jump starters with no luck! PLEASE HELP ME

Old 02-06-2021, 06:06 PM
JCH997
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 46 Posts

I am far from an expert. Looking at the image you posted, I am guessing you need a donor battery. From what I have read, I think there is a difference between what a donor battery can do and what portable jump starters can do. Porsche Services should be able to help.
Old 02-06-2021, 06:15 PM
Dakmary
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OK.. Problem solved. I gave it another try few hours later and it worked fine. I haven’t done anything differently! But it doesn’t matter
The following users liked this post:
detansinn (02-06-2021)
Old 02-07-2021, 06:37 PM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 786 Posts

I used my NORCO GB 70 to pop the frunk when my lithium battery went into "sleep" mode, and also used it to jump the car. The GB70 alligator clips are just long enough to run from the positive battery post to the negative ground post under the bonnet. Now I keep the GB70 charged and in the passenger compartment of the car. (BTW, the battery went to "sleep" after I did a 2+ hour wash/ceramic session while running the sound system, then 12 hours of 2-channel dash cameras running.)

One thing to remember when jacking the frunk lid from the fuse box is that you have to use the remote to unlock it. The release button on the door sill won't work.

Quick Reply: HELP I Locked Myself Out