Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is anyone tuning the 992 yet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2021, 11:46 AM
ggreg911
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 89 Posts

I'm tuning my 992 Targa 4S in the next couple weeks. Trying to decide GIAC, VR, or AMR. I wont be tuning the 992 TTS Cab though.
The following users liked this post:
NigelPlays (01-27-2021)
Old 01-27-2021, 11:47 AM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,614 Likes on 819 Posts

Originally Posted by phaser
You sound very judgmental and a bit jealous.There are many 911 Turbo/S models tuned and modified making this kind of power. Nothing wrong with that, its their car, their money, and they spend it as they see fit whether you feel that a Carrera S is "already plenty fast". No sense being critical of a guy who has the ***** and the cash to configure an absolutely awesome 911.
Enjoy the comfort, safety, and limitations of your warranty
^ Wow, that was unnecessarily harsh. You obviously totally misread my post. Sometimes one's intentions/meanings don't come across accurately on an anonymous internet forum.

Where did you get the foggiest idea that I don't think people can do whatever the hell they want with their cars? Sheesh, take a breather man....
The following 10 users liked this post by Tupper:
BIGWORM (01-27-2021), Flashart (02-03-2021), fractionofawhole (07-23-2021), G650 (03-04-2021), M3Inline6 (06-07-2021), pkalhan (01-01-2023), Pumpsmynads (01-28-2021), Russian Mafia (01-27-2021), SBAD (01-29-2021), Traind (01-30-2021) and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-27-2021, 11:49 AM
ggreg911
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Tupper
^ Wow, that was unnecessarily harsh. You obviously totally misread my post. Sometimes one's intentions/meanings don't come across accurately on an anonymous internet forum.

Where did you get the foggiest idea that I don't think people can do whatever the hell they want with their cars? Sheesh, take a breather man....
Welcome to Rennlist! haha
The following 3 users liked this post by ggreg911:
Glerald (12-04-2021), M3Inline6 (06-07-2021), Tupper (01-27-2021)
Old 01-27-2021, 11:57 AM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ggreg911
Welcome to Rennlist! haha
^ I visit other internet forums and it's a common issue with this form of communication. "Lightness" or humor doesn't always translate.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tupper:
ggreg911 (01-27-2021), Traind (01-30-2021)
Old 01-27-2021, 11:58 AM
GermanInOhio
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 992gtsilver
does jb4 have the piggy back tune? haven't heard much about it.
They do .. I've it installed ... drove exactly once with it for less than 10 miles before putting the car into "hibernation". Their support is great, the APP is outstanding - I'll report on the driving experience when the Ohio weather allows it
mdrobc1213 (01-30-2021)
Old 01-27-2021, 12:17 PM
phaser
Banned

Received 429 Likes on 238 Posts

^ I visit other internet forums and it's a common issue with this form of communication. "Lightness" or humor doesn't always translate.
I've been on performance car forums for nearly 20 years and have seen guys make this same passive aggressive move under the thin veil of "humor" about tuning/modifying during the warranty period more times than I can remember. It is not your place to tell anyone that they already have enough power and that there is no need to modify for more.
It is clear from your numerous posts here that you have issues with the fact that many of us do not allow the potential loss of the factory warranty to control what we do with our cars. No need for you to be making judgments about guys who modify their cars just because you are apparently fearful to do so yourself.

Last edited by phaser; 01-27-2021 at 12:18 PM.
robbie9999 (01-27-2021)
Old 01-27-2021, 12:23 PM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I've been on performance car forums for nearly 20 years and have seen guys make this same passive aggressive move under the thin veil of "humor" about tuning/modifying during the warranty period more times than I can remember. It is not your place to tell anyone that they already have enough power and that there is no need to modify for more.
It is clear from your numerous posts here that you have issues with the fact that many of us do not allow the potential loss of the factory warranty to control what we do with our cars. No need for you to be making judgments about guys who modify their cars just because you are apparently fearful to do so yourself.
^ Sorry, but you don't have a clue what you're talking about. I don't care what you do with your car, and you obviously take all of this way too seriously. I only care what I do with MY car.

But when we all post pictures of our cars and what we've done with them on an internet forum devoted to cars, EXPECT to hear an opinion without throwing a fit.

That's all I'm going to say to you about this topic.. Have a good day
The following 5 users liked this post by Tupper:
fractionofawhole (07-23-2021), M3Inline6 (06-07-2021), Pcar81 (07-22-2021), pkalhan (01-01-2023), Pumpsmynads (01-28-2021)
Old 01-27-2021, 12:23 PM
malibu515
Burning Brakes

Received 503 Likes on 259 Posts

Wow, I seriously don't know why anyone would need to tune a TTS. Is it not already fast enough? Are you trying to make sure you can get away from the cops? LOL

The 992 Carerra S is already plenty fast, lets not kid ourselves. We're all already worried about being able to even use this power on public roads without getting in trouble. But tuning a TTS just sounds........ABSOLUTE NUTS!
A tune and exhaust are a lot more than just an improvement in speed and horsepower. It also markedly changes , for the better , the driving dynamics of the car. If you have had an opportunity to drive 2019 991.2 Turbo ( not Turbo S ) , you will appreciate how much better it performs than our stock 992. Check out the spec's on the AMR ECU flash that I have installed. The expert at my Porsche Dealership has driven my car. He agrees that it is remarkably and noticably better in every day driving dynamics. And that does not mean going insanely fast, either !

The following 2 users liked this post by malibu515:
Lee8084 (01-27-2021), NigelPlays (01-27-2021)
Old 01-27-2021, 12:26 PM
phaser
Banned

^ Sorry, but you don't have a clue what you're talking about. I don't care what you do with your car, and you obviously take all of this way too seriously. I care what I do with MY car.

But when we all post pictures of our cars and what we've done with them on an internet forum devoted to cars, EXPECT to hear an opinion without throwing a fit.

That's all I'm going to say to you about this topic.. Have a good day
That's fine my friend. You find it your place to judge peoples actions in multiple posts and then you pick up your marbles and stomp home when you are called on it.
zaskar15 (01-31-2021)
Old 01-27-2021, 12:30 PM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by malibu515
A tune and exhaust are a lot more than just an improvement in speed and horsepower. It also markedly changes , for the better , the driving dynamics of the car. If you have had an opportunity to drive 2019 991.2 Turbo ( not Turbo S ) , you will appreciate how much better it performs than our stock 992. Check out the spec's on the AMR ECU flash that I have installed. The expert at my Porsche Dealership has driven my car. He agrees that it is remarkably and noticably better in every day driving dynamics. And that does not mean going insanely fast, either !
^ Good point, actually I'm not remotely as "against" a tune for my own car as one strangely disgruntled forumer thinks. Like I've said before, I'm really entertaining it. Just want to think it over more.

A local shop I've worked with is offering the AMR tune, and that does seem like one of the better ones out there. There is also another shop near my house that offers their own tune which one of our forumers (John McClane) has recommended. The advantage of this latter company is that you don't have to take the ECU out and send it anywhere.

Lots of great options out there. Right now all I've done is bought Soul Sport cats which I'm planning on installing when we get better weather. So I move a bit more slowly on this stuff than some people here do...
Old 01-27-2021, 12:40 PM
phaser
Banned

^ Good point, actually I'm not remotely as "against" a tune for my own car as one strangely disgruntled forumer thinks. Like I've said before, I'm really entertaining it. Just want to think it over more.

A local shop I've worked with is offering the AMR tune, and that does seem like one of the better ones out there. There is also another shop near my house that offers their own tune which one of our forumers (John McClane) has recommended. The advantage of this latter company is that you don't have to take the ECU out and send it anywhere.

Lots of great options out there. Right now all I've done is bought Soul Sport cats which I'm planning on installing when we get better weather. So I move a bit more slowly on this stuff than some people here do...

"The 992 Carerra S is already plenty fast, lets not kid ourselves. We're all already worried about being able to even use this power on public roads without getting in trouble. But tuning a TTS just sounds........ABSOLUTE NUTS!"
Looks like you changed your mind in the last 90 minutes. Not much credibility in your posts.
ryanlsmith (01-27-2021)
Old 01-27-2021, 12:44 PM
malibu515
Burning Brakes

Received 503 Likes on 259 Posts

I'm with you on this. We are having a discussion on the subject of modifying the performance of our cars. I don't know how emotion got into the communication.
Old 01-27-2021, 12:48 PM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

^ I can tell you that I'm not emotional. I think this is a fun & informative conversation. The person you've responded to, however, is the one who got all hot in the head over this discussion.
Old 01-27-2021, 01:55 PM
phaser
Banned

^ I can tell you that I'm not emotional. I think this is a fun & informative conversation. The person you've responded to, however, is the one who got all hot in the head over this discussion.
Absolutely not the case and you know it.
Stop passing judgment on the what others do and you won't find yourself making excuses for yourself. Take a break Pal and just enjoy your 911 as it is under warranty conditions.
Old 01-27-2021, 02:26 PM
jdanza22
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Phaser

That's fine my friend. You find it your place to judge peoples actions in multiple posts and then you pick up your marbles and stomp home when you are called on it.
Chill out bro....
Tupper (01-27-2021)

Quick Reply: Is anyone tuning the 992 yet?