Sponsored by:

Porsche Experience Center- Atlanta & PPF

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2021, 08:14 PM
GoCards67
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Porsche Experience Center- Atlanta & PPF

I got the email today that my car is scheduled to be at the PEC Atlanta sometime in late April or May. They also asked if I want Expel PPF installed as well of course for additional cost. First...any impressions on the PEC Atlanta? And also...anyone take advantage of the Expel PPF installation?
Old 01-25-2021, 08:53 PM
patentguy
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 61 Posts

I just picked up my C2S Cab last Thursday at PEC Atl. It was a great experience. Driving with instructor (by radio due to Covid), tour, presentation, and great lunch. My best recommendation is to do the morning session, so you can relax at lunch at the end. I am not sure I would have done well on the track driving on a full stomach with a glass of wine (or two).

I live in Atlanta, so I just took my car to a local PPF installer.
The following users liked this post:
GoCards67 (01-25-2021)
Old 01-25-2021, 09:08 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,029 Likes on 589 Posts

Atlanta has couple of great PPF installers , so my suggestion is skip PPF at the PEC center ... otherwise the center is a great experience
make appointment to drop your car at installer in the morning, do your session at the PEC, and pick car in afternoon and then head back home
Old 01-25-2021, 09:45 PM
Master Deep
Rennlist Member

Received 777 Likes on 440 Posts

I know some people were offered PPF by PEC but they didn’t even offer it for me for 1/20/21 pickup.

I would have preferred a morning session so I didn’t have to drive back in the middle of the night but it was still fun. 12:30-2pm lunch, 2-4pm private tour of museum and they let you into all roped off parts to be up close with 2 CGT and others followed by delivery and setup of your car. 4-5:30pm track. Plenty of time to digest and they won’t serve you any alcohol if you’re driving after. You are treated like royalty and it’s well worth it. I’d pickup any new Porsches from here from now on.

My installer gave me XPEL tracwrap and I applied it before leaving and dropped car off the next day for full ppf.
GoCards67 (01-25-2021)
Old 01-25-2021, 11:38 PM
Vaidas Cikotas
Track Day

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pitt911
Atlanta has couple of great PPF installers , so my suggestion is skip PPF at the PEC center ... otherwise the center is a great experience
make appointment to drop your car at installer in the morning, do your session at the PEC, and pick car in afternoon and then head back home
I will also be doing the Atlanta Delivery and wanting to drop the car at a PPF company in Atlanta. Can you advise as to the best choices in Atlanta? Will they come get the car from the Porsche location? I'd hate to have to drive it somewhere and risk getting any damage prior to PPF. Can you advise as to what you were charged for the PPF?
Old 01-25-2021, 11:48 PM
GoCards67
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Vaidas Cikotas
I will also be doing the Atlanta Delivery and wanting to drop the car at a PPF company in Atlanta. Can you advise as to the best choices in Atlanta? Will they come get the car from the Porsche location? I'd hate to have to drive it somewhere and risk getting any damage prior to PPF. Can you advise as to what you were charged for the PPF?
Did you get the email with the xpel ppf option outlined? It came from the Atlanta delivery center.
Old 01-26-2021, 12:24 AM
anupe
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 35 Posts

I’m purchasing from out of state @ Hennessy Porsche Atlanta and asked the question around PPF/detailers in the Atlanta area. You can see recommendations in this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1231...endations.html

Hope this helps you!

Last edited by anupe; 01-26-2021 at 12:25 AM.
Old 01-26-2021, 09:06 AM
patentguy
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 61 Posts

I am picking up my car from Derek at Atlanta Protective Films today. My car came into PEC early, so I had to wait a week for PPF. I wouldn't worry about driving. It is about 35 miles north of PEC. I had already driven the car 100 miles. Just don't follow anyone very closely.

There are two or three other highly recommended installers in the Atlanta area - just search the threads.

The following are the quotes I received:Full Coverage Package $1600 installed including sales tax

- Full Wrapped Hood

- Full Wrapped Front Fenders

- Side Mirrors and Door Cups

- Full Front Bumper kit

- Headlight and Fog Light kit

Rocker Panel kit $500

A-Pillar (Windshield Surround) kit $300
Old 01-26-2021, 10:07 AM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,029 Likes on 589 Posts

My son lives in Atlanta and had his M2C done by AP3 near Alpharetta. I was there that weekend and they did an amazing job. They do all the cars for motor cars of Georgia
cost for track package which similar to above was 1600 plus tax
which is cheaper than in my area as I just had my GT4 done for 2400 and basically the same package and same film
you can call and ask them about if they pick the car
or if you want to be OCD you can buy some disposable film and cover the front your self for the drive and they will remove. This what my son did , but he bought his car from out of town around 200 miles away
Old 01-26-2021, 10:25 AM
VintageRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 234 Posts

I bought my 992 at Hennessy. I wouldn't take a new car to the track session. It needs at least 500 easy miles to properly break-in everything (engine and brakes).

It's my 6th 911, and I have never had a PPF installed.
Old 01-26-2021, 10:30 AM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by VintageRacer
I bought my 992 at Hennessy. I wouldn't take a new car to the track session. It needs at least 500 easy miles to properly break-in everything (engine and brakes).

It's my 6th 911, and I have never had a PPF installed.
@PEC the track session is done in one of Porsche’s cars and not yours. No risk to your car and it’s a great experience.

Master Deep (01-26-2021)

Quick Reply: Porsche Experience Center- Atlanta & PPF