Sponsored by:

Another Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 10:13 AM
PAPorscheGuy
Instructor

Received 123 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
^^ The standard interior is much improved over the 991, no doubt. If full leather didn’t fit my budget, I wouldn’t think twice about leaving it off.

I like some of the performance oriented builds I’ve been seeing - no sunroof, standard interior, with a few perfomance options ticked.
Rennlist helps me appreciate how varied people’s tastes can be. There’s no way I would trade my full-leather and sunroof for some of these “performance” options - exception must have PSE. I don’t track and feel like I can get into enough trouble with my stock C2S
Old 01-24-2021, 10:58 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by PAPorscheGuy
Rennlist helps me appreciate how varied people’s tastes can be. There’s no way I would trade my full-leather and sunroof for some of these “performance” options - exception must have PSE. I don’t track and feel like I can get into enough trouble with my stock C2S
True. And mine vary from build to build, lol. My AG C2S build is not a stripper, and I do enjoy a few stupid options on my car: matrix headlamps that don’t work in the U.S. and lighted door sills. They have nothin to do with performance. Also liking my sport tex seats.
The following users liked this post:
PAPorscheGuy (01-24-2021)
Old 01-24-2021, 01:45 PM
Gentian21
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 106 Posts

There's a case to be made for a budget build, a performance build, and a luxury build depending on what you buy the car for. I also think that there is a sweet spot in the middle of the continuum, and I've tried to find it given my objectives. I will never track my car and it will not be a DD. It is purely for recreation, and I'm drawn to 911's due to their incredible performance. Given that, I rationalized that PSE, RWS and SPASM make sense, since they all extract the full potential of the car's special characteristics. I closely monitored Rennlist over the past few months, and the consensus seems to be that these performance options can be felt and appreciated on vigorous (but not crazy) drives on country back roads, where I will be doing a lot of driving. I also specked full leather because 99 percent of my time with the car will be spent behind the wheel, and I think I will appreciate the smell and feel of leather over my years of ownership. But, I've pushed aside things like lighted doorsills, colored tachs and sports chrono dials, leather and aluminum trim upgrades, and other such things because they cost a lot and won't really impact my aesthetic response to the car. I certainly agree that there is no such thing as "one build fits all". It is great to have choices, and there is no such thing as a bad configuration if it matches ones needs and wants.
The following 2 users liked this post by Gentian21:
PAPorscheGuy (01-24-2021), Russian Mafia (01-24-2021)
Old 01-24-2021, 02:01 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,866 Likes on 1,509 Posts

Some people think you need full leather on a $100k plus car which is perfectly fine, some others (me included) are perfectly happy with the standard interior. For sure most dealers love that it’s hyped for the extra $ it brings so you won’t see it as commonly in cars on the lot.
Old 01-24-2021, 02:03 PM
PAPorscheGuy
Instructor

Originally Posted by OwingsMills
There's a case to be made for a budget build, a performance build, and a luxury build depending on what you buy the car for. I also think that there is a sweet spot in the middle of the continuum, and I've tried to find it given my objectives. I will never track my car and it will not be a DD. It is purely for recreation, and I'm drawn to 911's due to their incredible performance. Given that, I rationalized that PSE, RWS and SPASM make sense, since they all extract the full potential of the car's special characteristics. I closely monitored Rennlist over the past few months, and the consensus seems to be that these performance options can be felt and appreciated on vigorous (but not crazy) drives on country back roads, where I will be doing a lot of driving. I also specked full leather because 99 percent of my time with the car will be spent behind the wheel, and I think I will appreciate the smell and feel of leather over my years of ownership. But, I've pushed aside things like lighted doorsills, colored tachs and sports chrono dials, leather and aluminum trim upgrades, and other such things because they cost a lot and won't really impact my aesthetic response to the car. I certainly agree that there is no such thing as "one build fits all". It is great to have choices, and there is no such thing as a bad configuration if it matches ones needs and wants.
Owings, well said. We are close in approach I am inferring you have a C2S. I have PSE and PASM not SPASM or RWS. I do have the heated multifunction GT wheel (love it), glass roof, and Premium Plus.

Old 01-24-2021, 04:59 PM
Gentian21
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 106 Posts

PAPorsche, I have a metal sunroof, Premium package. heated GT wheel, 4 way seats, and Exclusive wheels in addition to what I listed in my post. The car is scheduled to arrive in late April. Is there anything you wish you had done differently?
The following users liked this post:
PAPorscheGuy (01-24-2021)
Old 01-24-2021, 05:28 PM
PAPorscheGuy
Instructor

Originally Posted by OwingsMills
PAPorsche, I have a metal sunroof, Premium package. heated GT wheel, 4 way seats, and Exclusive wheels in addition to what I listed in my post. The car is scheduled to arrive in late April. Is there anything you wish you had done differently?
Sounds like a great spec - enjoy! I am very happy with mine. Only other possible subtle differences: I got the Bose, 14-way seats (but many prefer the 4-way) the premium “plus” and the glass roof. So yours is a bit “sportier” than mine.

Quick Reply: Another Build Thread