Bilstein EVO SE plug-n-play Coilovers for 992

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2020, 09:56 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,135 Likes on 3,006 Posts
Default Bilstein EVO SE plug-n-play Coilovers for 992

An OEM+ solution for folks who want their cars 30mm lower...

From the video description...
Exclusive world premiere: Innovative coilover suspension technology available for the Porsche 992 for the first time.

BILSTEIN EVO SE coilover suspension for the Porsche 992

Attempting to improve the driving dynamics of an already perfect sports car such as the Porsche 911 is, as experience shows, not without risk. The danger of failing at this icon is great. Nevertheless, we succeeded. With probably the most advanced shock absorber technology available in the aftermarket.

With the new BILSTEIN EVO SE for the Porsche 992, we have developed a coilover suspension that further enhances the sporty appearance and driving dynamics of the 911. The brand-new, high-performance suspension uses the original BILSTEIN DampTronic X technology, which is already installed in the 911 production model: the BILSTEIN EVO SE coilover kit is fully compatible with the newest Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) and can therefore be easily fitted using the plug-and-play method. The latest valve technology developed together with Porsche is now available in the aftermarket as a world premiere exclusively from us.

30 mm lowering - with threads to spare and a technical component report - lowers the center of gravity and gives the 911 an even sportier look. The coilover suspension impresses with higher cornering speeds and gives experienced sports drivers even more control.

The BILSTEIN DampTronic X technology in particular has a major influence on the increased driving dynamics: the DampTronic X shock absorbers are equipped with very fast-switching adjustment valves, which enable damping forces to adjust to the calculated damping requirement within milliseconds. This technology calculates and adjusts the damping several hundred times per second, depending on the driving situation and wheel-selectively.

More informations:
https://bit.ly/3blirtk

Find a dealer or workshop at your location:
https://bit.ly/31QXhjv

Last edited by detansinn; 09-21-2020 at 09:59 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by detansinn:
JesseRohr (09-21-2020), NigelPlays (09-23-2020)
Old 09-21-2020, 10:47 AM
speedyj
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

I’m anxious to hear reviews.. looks like a good option
Old 09-21-2020, 11:32 AM
JesseRohr
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by detansinn
An OEM+ solution for folks who want their cars 30mm lower...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEPI5EyLTBoFrom the video description...
Exclusive world premiere: Innovative coilover suspension technology available for the Porsche 992 for the first time.

BILSTEIN EVO SE coilover suspension for the Porsche 992

Attempting to improve the driving dynamics of an already perfect sports car such as the Porsche 911 is, as experience shows, not without risk. The danger of failing at this icon is great. Nevertheless, we succeeded. With probably the most advanced shock absorber technology available in the aftermarket.

With the new BILSTEIN EVO SE for the Porsche 992, we have developed a coilover suspension that further enhances the sporty appearance and driving dynamics of the 911. The brand-new, high-performance suspension uses the original BILSTEIN DampTronic X technology, which is already installed in the 911 production model: the BILSTEIN EVO SE coilover kit is fully compatible with the newest Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) and can therefore be easily fitted using the plug-and-play method. The latest valve technology developed together with Porsche is now available in the aftermarket as a world premiere exclusively from us.

30 mm lowering - with threads to spare and a technical component report - lowers the center of gravity and gives the 911 an even sportier look. The coilover suspension impresses with higher cornering speeds and gives experienced sports drivers even more control.

The BILSTEIN DampTronic X technology in particular has a major influence on the increased driving dynamics: the DampTronic X shock absorbers are equipped with very fast-switching adjustment valves, which enable damping forces to adjust to the calculated damping requirement within milliseconds. This technology calculates and adjusts the damping several hundred times per second, depending on the driving situation and wheel-selectively.

More informations:
https://bit.ly/3blirtk

Find a dealer or workshop at your location:
https://bit.ly/31QXhjv
First, Doylestown PA? I love Honey. Have they been able to survive COVID? I have a large customer based in Horsham and always stay in Doylestown. Rad little town.

Second, I'd be very curious as to the price point of these things. I love the idea. Plug and play and likely super quick install. No de-pinning or any of that nonsense with man-killer coil spring presses.
The following users liked this post:
detansinn (09-21-2020)
Old 09-21-2020, 11:43 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,135 Likes on 3,006 Posts

Originally Posted by JesseRohr
First, Doylestown PA? I love Honey. Have they been able to survive COVID? I have a large customer based in Horsham and always stay in Doylestown. Rad little town.

Second, I'd be very curious as to the price point of these things. I love the idea. Plug and play and likely super quick install. No de-pinning or any of that nonsense with man-killer coil spring presses.

Thanks. Yes, Doylestown is awesome.
Honey is hanging in there. Outdoor dining has been a huge help to these businesses, but with dropping temps, our restaurant scene is going to take a hit. We've lost several already including Hickory Kitchen and Zen Den.
Old 12-13-2020, 09:16 AM
got2go
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 39 Posts

Has anyone located these for sale yet in the US? I was told that they would be here in early December, but haven’t been able to find them yet.
Old 12-13-2020, 05:14 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 202 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by got2go
Has anyone located these for sale yet in the US? I was told that they would be here in early December, but haven’t been able to find them yet.
Still not for sale yet in the USA, just checked the part # and its only showing in Europe..

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
BC Forged / Soul Performance / Akrapovic / Bilstein / HRE / AL13 / CSF + more

Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Old 12-13-2020, 05:27 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 213 Posts

Would anyone know if you could lower less than 30mm?....I want to lower our targa when it comes...I just find 30 might be a little much. As a bench mark if anybody knew how much a GT3 is lowered from 991 without the sport suspension..I could at least work from that. Sport suspension isn’t offered in the new Targa and I would like to lower it to be about GT3 height...maybe a hair higher than that. We have FAL so we have flexibility.
The following users liked this post:
BMWMB (12-13-2020)
Old 12-13-2020, 05:45 PM
got2go
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Still not for sale yet in the USA, just checked the part # and its only showing in Europe..

-Josh
Thanks Josh
Old 12-13-2020, 05:47 PM
got2go
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Overdraft
Would anyone know if you could lower less than 30mm?....I want to lower our targa when it comes...I just find 30 might be a little much. As a bench mark if anybody knew how much a GT3 is lowered from 991 without the sport suspension..I could at least work from that. Sport suspension isn’t offered in the new Targa and I would like to lower it to be about GT3 height...maybe a hair higher than that. We have FAL so we have flexibility.
With the full coil over you can adjust the ride height to your desired specs. Also true with height adjustable springs that are available from a couple of manufacturers. Not sure if these options work with FAL however.

Last edited by got2go; 12-13-2020 at 05:49 PM.
Old 12-13-2020, 07:28 PM
Farmlyf
Instructor

Received 196 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Overdraft
I can confirm that its lowering range is between 0-70 mm as it a HAS coilover.

Originally Posted by got2go
With the full coil over you can adjust the ride height to your desired specs. Also true with height adjustable springs that are available from a couple of manufacturers. Not sure if these options work with FAL however.
The current model does not support FAL, I’d have them in a heart beat if they did.
Old 12-13-2020, 07:36 PM
speedyj
Rennlist Member

There are two model numbers.. one for fal and one without
Old 12-14-2020, 03:53 AM
Farmlyf
Instructor

Originally Posted by speedyj
There are two model numbers.. one for fal and one without
wow! I didn’t know that...can you provide any details? A shop out of Europe has told me otherwise. I’m dying to have this solution on my C4S as I think these will the best solutions for adjustability without losing factory functionality.
Old 12-14-2020, 06:43 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 213 Posts

Thanks all. Will reach out to a distributor near me .
Old 12-14-2020, 08:17 AM
speedyj
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Farmlyf
wow! I didn’t know that...can you provide any details? A shop out of Europe has told me otherwise. I’m dying to have this solution on my C4S as I think these will the best solutions for adjustability without losing factory functionality.

Old 12-14-2020, 08:26 AM
Farmlyf
Instructor

Originally Posted by speedyj

thanks speedyj,

https://shop.bilstein.com/de/evo-se/...nic-_49-300581

Im onto it!!!

Last edited by Farmlyf; 12-14-2020 at 08:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Bilstein EVO SE plug-n-play Coilovers for 992