Sponsored by:

2021 Squeaks/Rattles

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2022, 11:29 AM
Crtarga
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rattle targa 2022..

I just took delivery of my targa 2022 2 month 500 mls ago. There is a very prominent (and annoying) rattle in the passenger side door. This is my first targa 911
I had panamera and turbo s and frankly I expected much better from Porsche. Performance so far is an A+ but seriously, Porsche can't design and assemble a door that doesn't rattle? I guess it's back to the dealer for service when I'd much rather be driving it.

17521452]I just took delivery of my '21 C2S a week ago. There is a very prominent (and annoying) rattle in the passenger side door. This is my first 911 and frankly I expected much better from Porsche. Performance so far is an A+ but seriously, Porsche can't design and assemble a door that doesn't rattle? I guess it's back to the dealer for service when I'd much rather be driving it.[/QUOTE]
Old 01-16-2022, 12:02 PM
991.1 Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 930 Likes on 489 Posts

Originally Posted by Crtarga
I just took delivery of my targa 2022 2 month 500 mls ago. There is a very prominent (and annoying) rattle in the passenger side door. This is my first targa 911
I had panamera and turbo s and frankly I expected much better from Porsche. Performance so far is an A+ but seriously, Porsche can't design and assemble a door that doesn't rattle? I guess it's back to the dealer for service when I'd much rather be driving it.

17521452]I just took delivery of my '21 C2S a week ago. There is a very prominent (and annoying) rattle in the passenger side door. This is my first 911 and frankly I expected much better from Porsche. Performance so far is an A+ but seriously, Porsche can't design and assemble a door that doesn't rattle? I guess it's back to the dealer for service when I'd much rather be driving it.
[/QUOTE]
What's most annoying is that this is a common problem and Porsche continues to manufacture and send the cars with a known defect. The dealer said the problem is very common.
Old 01-16-2022, 12:13 PM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Received 2,249 Likes on 1,277 Posts

Damn those BMW’s. 😎
Old 01-16-2022, 09:17 PM
SpyderTarga
Instructor

Received 173 Likes on 56 Posts

17521452]I just took delivery of my '21 C2S a week ago. There is a very prominent (and annoying) rattle in the passenger side door. This is my first 911 and frankly I expected much better from Porsche. Performance so far is an A+ but seriously, Porsche can't design and assemble a door that doesn't rattle? I guess it's back to the dealer for service when I'd much rather be driving it.
[/QUOTE]
Be prepared for a world of painful rattles. On my second Targa now and the rear stabilizer bar they add for convertible 911s squeaks and creaks terribly after a couple of thousand miles. They will fix it for you but expect a lot from the roof components of the Targa.
Old 01-16-2022, 09:24 PM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Received 1,298 Likes on 655 Posts

Dealer just addressed some creaks from the rear passenger panel...what a relief.
Old 01-16-2022, 09:59 PM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,622 Likes on 822 Posts

You address one rattle and then get another one.

That’s been my experience.

Old 01-16-2022, 10:46 PM
aquatone
Instructor

Received 170 Likes on 81 Posts

[/QUOTE]

I had that passenger door rattle. Turned out to be blown speaker which the dealer replaced. This does not seem to be uncommon. (The dealer even had the part in stock... almost in anticipation)

Otherwise, at 4,400 miles, everything else is solid and no other rattles or squeaks.
Old 04-18-2022, 05:17 PM
ramjet
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2022 Turbo S, Oct 21 delivery. At around 2000 miles, started hearing metallic rattle that comes from the back of the car. Only occurs after engine is warm so typically after 30min of driving. A loose plastic panel was replaced. Heat shields were tightened. In the end, sound not completely eliminated - just made more rare and difficult to reproduce.
Old 04-19-2022, 08:17 PM
AKB991
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

So far , 2 blown speakers on my 20 992. I had an awful time with small pebbles stuck between the brake rotors and thin metal shields around them. Driving in reverse usually got them out but I had to take a wheel off and dig with a screwdriver once. Maybe this isn’t your problem - hope it gets corrected. Please keep us posted.
Old 04-20-2022, 10:31 PM
ramjet
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AKB991
So far , 2 blown speakers on my 20 992. I had an awful time with small pebbles stuck between the brake rotors and thin metal shields around them. Driving in reverse usually got them out but I had to take a wheel off and dig with a screwdriver once. Maybe this isn’t your problem - hope it gets corrected. Please keep us posted.
Very interesting and thanks for sharing. I've actually got one of my speakers vibrating with only modest amount of bass in the music. Don't think it's blown but I'll have it checked out next time I take the car in.

Regarding the noise from the rear, I've often thought that it sounded like a 'trapped pebble' somewhere. Is there an easy way to know for sure when this is happening?
Old 03-09-2023, 09:42 AM
zambien
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

I've had a few noise/rubbing/squeak issues addressed on a MY 2021 C2:

1. Passenger seat squeaking: Every time we hit a bump or the chassis flexed in the slightest, there was very loud squeaking from the passenger seat if the right size/weight (my wife) passenger was in it. Didn't happen if she drove and I was the passenger. It took a few tries to get it fixed but they eventually replaced the entire seat subframe. I had to get a video of it for Porsche to cover it since it was a pretty expensive job and the dealer had some trouble replicating it.
2. When opening the frunk it was rubbing and getting stuck. Dealer adjusted the latch.
3. Most recently, what sounds like a blown speaker from the passenger side speaker. It is worse if the windows are down or the sunroof is open. Turns out the speaker is fine and the door handle is loose. They have to replace the door handle assembly because it can't be tightened up per Porsche's guidance.

All covered under warranty thankfully.
Old 03-09-2023, 10:28 AM
AKB991
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Thankfully warranty covered it.
2020 C2S:
I’ve had both door speakers replaced (blown) and honestly , I don’t crank the radio that often.
I just had my driver’s side door handle actuator replaced - it just broke leaving it limp and inoperable and I just set myself up big time now didnt I ?
Sold my 964 last yr so I’ve only my 992 and thus , I need a loaner when shop needs the car more than a day. Don’t know about you guys but I used to be able to get an appointment w/ loaner car within a week or 2 max. Now , it’s always at least a month out. Started when the SUV’s came to be. Oh those were the days.
Old 03-09-2023, 10:34 AM
zambien
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by AKB991
Thankfully warranty covered it.
2020 C2S:
I’ve had both door speakers replaced (blown) and honestly , I don’t crank the radio that often.
I just had my driver’s side door handle actuator replaced - it just broke leaving it limp and inoperable and I just set myself up big time now didnt I ?
Sold my 964 last yr so I’ve only my 992 and thus , I need a loaner when shop needs the car more than a day. Don’t know about you guys but I used to be able to get an appointment w/ loaner car within a week or 2 max. Now , it’s always at least a month out. Started when the SUV’s came to be. Oh those were the days.
I can still usually get an appointment within a week but only recently have we seen an explosion in Porsche SUVs in the area so that will probably change once the Macans start aging.

I'd be curious if going limp and inoperable is in any way correlated to 911 ownership...

Old 03-09-2023, 11:12 AM
CodyBigdog
Banned

Received 2,249 Likes on 1,277 Posts

I’ve come to accept, if not embrace the squeeks and rattles as part of the car’s “character”. 😎

Don’t get me wrong, I’d prefer no rattles, but regardless, I still love the car…going on 2 years now, and would never think of selling or getting anything different. It’s such a blast to drive fast and hard, which does have one good attribute…driving fast around corners usually elicits a scream, or two from my wife, which has the beneficial effect of drowning out the rattle noise. 😂

Nevertheless, and to save face to friends who drive with me that point out rattles or other flaws in the car…..I tell them…”Oh, that’s part of the design….in an effort to reduce weight, Porsche uses fewer tightening screws/clips”. Oddly, some people actually buy that excuse. 😳

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 03-09-2023 at 11:21 AM.
Old 03-09-2023, 11:14 AM
SpyderTarga
Instructor

Received 173 Likes on 56 Posts

My Lotus Evora rattles less than any of my 911s did, which I find hilarious.

Quick Reply: 2021 Squeaks/Rattles