Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2023, 10:29 AM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,201 Likes on 1,375 Posts

Well, I put a 2 car covers on my BMW 650 GC in November and take them off right about now and have for the last 7 years and there's no problems. I have no PPF, I merely have wax on it, nothing more.
Old 04-05-2023, 10:33 AM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

Received 1,754 Likes on 705 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott P
Well, I put a 2 car covers on my BMW 650 GC in November and take them off right about now and have for the last 7 years and there's no problems. I have no PPF, I merely have wax on it, nothing more.
Thanks!
Is your beemer kept indoors or out, and do you make a point of tying it tightly under the car too, so when it’s very windy it doesn’t move around much??
Old 04-05-2023, 10:35 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 3,970 Likes on 1,721 Posts

And just fyi, bird poop won't eat through PPF. It may stain it, but the paint under it will be unharmed.
Old 04-05-2023, 10:47 AM
shane_b
Instructor

Received 533 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Barkat03
QUESTION!!!
Slight change of subject…
Getting PPF applied at mo - then in July I’m away for a month.
I park near trees and inevitably bird **** finds my cars - I don’t think even PPF prevents the acid from B**** eating into paintwork.
So, am contemplating getting a car cover.
Does anyone have experience of leaving a car cover on for a month or so and how it affects paintwork, especially PPF’d paintwork???
As @AdamIsAdam said, bird poo won’t damage paint through the PPF, but I have no experience of outdoor covers on PPF’d cars… I do however know several people that have used covers on standard paint and whilst it entirely depends on where you are in the world, I certainly wouldn’t rush to do it in the UK. Probably better than the damage a bird turd will do if left though! After a sky rat left a huge one on the bonnet of my black M5 while I was on holiday, it left horrendous marks and eventually I had it repainted!
Old 04-05-2023, 11:28 AM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,201 Likes on 1,375 Posts

Thanks!
Is your beemer kept indoors or out, and do you make a point of tying it tightly under the car too, so when it’s very windy it doesn’t move around much??
Inside a huge barn on a sheet of plastic on a concrete floor.
Old 04-05-2023, 11:30 AM
arrivederci
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,197 Likes on 425 Posts

QUESTION!!!
Slight change of subject…
Getting PPF applied at mo - then in July I’m away for a month.
I park near trees and inevitably bird **** finds my cars - I don’t think even PPF prevents the acid from B**** eating into paintwork.
So, am contemplating getting a car cover.
Does anyone have experience of leaving a car cover on for a month or so and how it affects paintwork, especially PPF’d paintwork???
I would find a way/place to park it in a protected, indoor place for the month. Having a good (and large enough) garage, to me, is part of owning nice cars. I only park beaters outside.
The following users liked this post:
Barkat03 (04-05-2023)
Old 04-05-2023, 12:20 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Received 809 Likes on 402 Posts

In a choice between Guards Red and Gentian blue it has to be the red.
Boils down to which one shows off the beautiful contours of this car the best, and although the blue probs looks good when it’s in bight sunshine, you miss some of those contours when it’s in the shade etc.
The red looks good all the time and for that matter so does yellow!
Unfortunately I was forced to order GT Silver but given the choice would almost 100% have gone for red.
I know you've mentioned it a few times so it must bother you, but I will say this: From the colors you mentioned, I think GT Silver is the best. I had it on my 991.2T and would pick it again for the 992. The lighter colors show the lines of the 911 like nothing else. And being metallic it just really shines. The line shadows show up so much more than darker or non-metallic colors. The only other colors I would pick are Gemini Blue Metallic, Viola Purple Metallic, or Ice Gray Metallic. Right now that is. Tastes change. .
Enjoy the crap out of that color. It's a classic and looks so good in person.

Oh and as I said before, you can always wrap it. Vinyl wrap that is.

Last edited by Ikone; 04-05-2023 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Edit.
Uhu (04-05-2023)
Old 04-05-2023, 12:50 PM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ikone
I know you've mentioned it a few times so it must bother you, but I will say this: From the colors you mentioned, I think GT Silver is the best. I had it on my 991.2T and would pick it again for the 992. The lighter colors show the lines of the 911 like nothing else. And being metallic it just really shines. The line shadows show up so much more than darker or non-metallic colors. The only other colors I would pick are Gemini Blue Metallic, Viola Purple Metallic, or Ice Gray Metallic. Right now that is. Tastes change. .
Enjoy the crap out of that color. It's a classic and looks so good in person.

Oh and as I said before, you can always wrap it. Vinyl wrap that is.
Yeah - fair enough, I can’t really disagree with most of that. My last 3 cars were metallic silver, which I agree does look quite good generally and more specifically in sunshine, but it’s let’s be honest it’s not gonna stand out in a crowd now is it!!
After all in the UK silver and or grey is the most popular colour on the road.
Old 04-05-2023, 12:52 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Received 809 Likes on 402 Posts

Yeah - fair enough, I can’t really disagree with most of that. My last 3 cars were metallic silver, which I agree does look quite good generally and more specifically in sunshine, but it’s let’s be honest it’s not gonna stand out in a crowd now is it!!
After all in the UK silver and or grey is the most popular colour on the road.
I know what you mean. Standing out is something I struggle with myself, but then again sometimes you don't want to stand out (cops). In the US, everyone picks black, white, and silver. lol
Old 04-05-2023, 12:59 PM
Barkat03
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ikone
I know what you mean. Standing out is something I struggle with myself, but then again sometimes you don't want to stand out (cops). In the US, everyone picks black, white, and silver. lol
Yep - here most cop cars are white or silver beemers, but also the occasional Porsche Cayman GT4 😄

Last edited by Barkat03; 04-05-2023 at 01:01 PM.
Ikone (04-05-2023)
Old 04-05-2023, 01:31 PM
Cartod
Burning Brakes

Received 2,017 Likes on 677 Posts

Thanks!
Get a fitted cover and it won’t blow around.
The following 2 users liked this post by Cartod:
Barkat03 (04-05-2023), HerrDr (04-05-2023)
Old 04-05-2023, 01:37 PM
bobert75
Racer

Received 735 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Graeme's T

Hello all

I'm new here so forgive me if I mess up with my postings! I have a new T coming early next month but was at my dealer today so took a few pics of their showroom car as it seems everyone is eager for new photos! I know a couple in Racing Yellow have been uploaded already but this one has gloss black wheels and the stiching in slate grey. I'll post plenty of my car next month when it arrives. This is a UK car so spec may be slightly different to US
Welcome - nice first post, everyone loves pics, esp for a new model!

I think this pic confirms the rear seatbacks have gray (or green) stitching in the T interior pkg. And other pics in that post offer further confirmation of the center console lid stitching - I believe the reason that only the top two rows of stitching on the rear center tunnel have the gray (or green) stitching is to "line up" with the stitching on the center console lid. The latest:

Seat bolsters (slate grey stitching)
Seat headrests with embroidered "911" logo (slate grey stitching)
Door panel armrests (slate grey stitching)
Center console storage compartment lid (slate grey stitching)
Floor mats (slate grey stitching)
Steering wheel rim (not slate grey)
Kneepads (not leather at all)
Gear lever and gear lever boot (probably not slate grey)
Rear center tunnel (slate grey stitching)
Rear seatbacks (slate grey stitching)

Edit - just FYI, his pics do show the knee pads with gray stitching but of course his car has the T interior pkg w/leather - above, I am referring to specs for the T interior pkg w/standard interior.

Last edited by bobert75; 04-05-2023 at 01:50 PM.
Graeme's T (04-05-2023)
Old 04-05-2023, 02:08 PM
Porsch
Banned

Received 252 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Cartod
Forced? ( . )( . )
lol

In the end it boiled down to a choice between a ‘crazy colour’ as you call it (according to the Mrs it’s a ‘look at me colour’) and a divorce.
Turns out GT Silver is cheaper than a divorce
Yes, and cheaper than a more literal castration.
Old 04-05-2023, 02:14 PM
BaxterPup
Instructor

Received 168 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by norcal992
Have you scheduled your delivery date with PECLA? what's the earliest available slot right now? My T production has been delayed but I'm thinking whether I should cancel PECLA delivery to avoid another delay caused by delivery slot availability.
The actual date isn't scheduled yet. I've had to fill out a pre-delivery questionnaire and sign one other document but below is the latest communication from PECLA:

"Based on the planned production schedule of your vehicle, we will be able to schedule your delivery for late May to early June at the Porsche Experience Center in Los Angeles, CA. Once your vehicle has completed production and is on a vessel, you will receive an email notification with your delivery date options based on the confirmed ETA of your vehicle and PEC availability. Any changes in production and scheduling could potentially affect the delivery window as well as any delays in certification approval by the EPA of any new vehicle model"

Despite the car leaving Emden on the RCC Compass on 3/30, I still haven't rec'd the follow up email from PECLA for scheduling. I'll be reaching out to them today to inquire. Will let you know what I find out. From what I've heard, it's a great experience so hopefully you're able to keep it.
Old 04-05-2023, 02:14 PM
YWG_YYZ
Advanced

Received 109 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadworrier
Latest iteration of my build went in on 3/25, but thanks to the 2024 price hike, I've dropped the PEC delivery in ATL option as well as the ambient lighting in favor of Bose sound and a little bit of savings. I've tweaked my build to this:
PRCNRUU5
Anything anyone thinks is missing from this spec? Also I'm suddenly unsettled again on color. While I've pretty much locked in on Gentian Blue, there's still the part of me that likes how this car looks in Guards Red.
Those were 2 of my last contenders as well.
My thoughts:
GB with standard slate grey wheels looks too dark to me. If I picked GB, it will be with the exclusive wheels. The end result is more of a classy interpretation, which is not the "T ethos" in my mind. (flame suit on for mentioning the ethos).
I ended up with GR because it is free, but added on Aerokit, as it gives off more a sporty vibe, with gloss black wheels.
I didn't think GB needed aerokit or SD package as the dark frontal intake works reasonably well in darker color.

[/QUOTE]
Macboy (04-05-2023)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club