Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2023, 05:48 PM
Uhu
Racer

Received 1,099 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by blackairforce1
lol..they weren't joking when they said Porsche enthusiasts are deviated stitching experts.
They range from Doug DeMuro to Nick Murray.
From who cares to deviated level of stitchiness.
The following users liked this post:
HerrDr (04-04-2023)
Old 04-03-2023, 05:54 PM
Uhu
Racer

Received 1,099 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by Macboy
I also have the official dealer pictures of a T-package full leather interior in slate grey. Not a big difference it seems. Also did not recognize the T package seats inserts. Thought it was the checkered flag at first.
https://finder.porsche.com/nl/nl-NL/...-nieuwe-4VZN59
Darth Vader spec. And price.
Cartod (04-03-2023)
Old 04-03-2023, 08:43 PM
sfnyc
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa32

FAL is for children only, Just learn to drive out and in driveways at an angle and even over speed bumps, every FAL car has the front end scratched up underneath- it lulls you into thinking you don’t have to have some discipline in and out of driveways.
Agreed. However I also think it funny that there's any need for lane changing guides or surround view. I thought people who drive sports cars would know how to avoid other cars and kerbs. Such tech will just add complexity to cars and lull people into driving without situational awareness. Me, I just buy the car and drive it without worrying so much about what happens. My GT3 is all scratched up with multiple dings etc from all the spirited driving and track days. Not sure the point in babying the car. Around the Bay Area though I rarely see anyone who drives their 911 with much gusto. People around here seem to buy their Porsches for the same reason they get Teslas-- to signal status. My wife also says it's the peacock mating dance. To each his own thoughts and specs.
The following 3 users liked this post by sfnyc:
Cartod (04-03-2023), Scott P (04-04-2023), Uhu (04-04-2023)
Old 04-03-2023, 09:10 PM
Cartod
Burning Brakes

Received 2,115 Likes on 698 Posts

Originally Posted by sfnyc
Agreed. However I also think it funny that there's any need for lane changing guides or surround view. I thought people who drive sports cars would know how to avoid other cars and kerbs. Such tech will just add complexity to cars and lull people into driving without situational awareness. Me, I just buy the car and drive it without worrying so much about what happens. My GT3 is all scratched up with multiple dings etc from all the spirited driving and track days. Not sure the point in babying the car. Around the Bay Area though I rarely see anyone who drives their 911 with much gusto. People around here seem to buy their Porsches for the same reason they get Teslas-- to signal status. My wife also says it's the peacock mating dance. To each his own thoughts and specs.
This. Save all the BS safety stuff for your sedan.
The following 3 users liked this post by Cartod:
AdamIsAdam (04-03-2023), Scott P (04-04-2023), tourenwagen (04-04-2023)
Old 04-03-2023, 09:16 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,032 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Originally Posted by Cartod
This. Save all the BS safety stuff for your sedan.
I go one step further: On my Audi A5 I have the BSM turned off. I can't stand it! It falses on me and makes me freak out, thinking I missed seeing a car when in fact the car the BSM is reacting too is too far away for me to worry about, and it's in my properly aligned mirrors. So in my mind, that's a false alarm. Plus, there are times when a car is overtaking me and the BSM doesn't always pick that up. So clearly, relying on it was causing me to doubt myself and give me anxiety. I turned it off and have been happier ever since. The backup camera, on the other hand, I'll admit to getting lazy from using it.
Cartod (04-04-2023)
Old 04-03-2023, 10:19 PM
Edward911
Instructor

Received 333 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Macboy
Part 3 inside details.

I knew from the beginning I did not want the red deviated stitching which is strange for me, since I just usually love that option. But because the car had so much red I really wanted the red details to pop out. So I went for the standard black stitching. The black look. Although the stitching is more of a dark grey as we know. The “911” on the headrest indeed looks very clear and love that as well. The red details pop out perfectly. So cannot be much happier.
CONGRATS on your new 992 T! You've been one of the top posters in this thread, and every photo is Internet gold.

I took the liberty of cropping two of your photos. Which one is Black stitching and which one is Slate Gray stitching? 😉

Old 04-03-2023, 10:27 PM
Cartod
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
I go one step further: On my Audi A5 I have the BSM turned off. I can't stand it! It falses on me and makes me freak out, thinking I missed seeing a car when in fact the car the BSM is reacting too is too far away for me to worry about, and it's in my properly aligned mirrors. So in my mind, that's a false alarm. Plus, there are times when a car is overtaking me and the BSM doesn't always pick that up. So clearly, relying on it was causing me to doubt myself and give me anxiety. I turned it off and have been happier ever since. The backup camera, on the other hand, I'll admit to getting lazy from using it.
IMO turning on the smart features turns off the drivers mind. I’ve gotten falses in the rain that slammed my brakes on and scared the bajeezes out of me.
Scott P (04-04-2023)
Old 04-03-2023, 10:54 PM
arrivederci
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,197 Likes on 425 Posts

Agree in general and applaud you for using the GT3 as intended. But that as a track toy in-and-of-itself, to me, sometimes comes across as that peacock mating dance. We have all seen someone show up with something fancy (F-car anything) and be super fast down the straights only to crawl through every corner with a train behind them.

And maybe that isn't you and you used to drive a beat up spec miata but just got tired of those folks that needed to look in their mirrors more but never did. GT3, problem solved.

Regarding safety features, sometimes we won't be the only driver using the car. So the safety things can make it more accessible...what I love is the ability to have them on AND turn them off when I don't want them. That can be the best of both worlds.
merrion13 (04-04-2023)
Old 04-03-2023, 11:36 PM
sfnyc
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Lol, so true, well said. Yeah, I get Plaid Teslas on the streets who want to "race" the GT3 and show off their straight line speed but then I catch up to them as they take the turns with their brake lights constantly on b/c they can't take the corners... Nowadays I just take my 6MT e46 M3 to the track instead to practice heel toe etc and racing techniques without the pressure driving a GT3. Though not as much as the F car, there's still a target taking the GT3 to the track when I'm still learning a lot how to race. We have a sedan with all the safety features for family driving but my wife now hates the lane changing so we have it all turned off.
Old 04-04-2023, 12:00 AM
Cartod
Burning Brakes

Lol, so true, well said. Yeah, I get Plaid Teslas on the streets who want to "race" the GT3 and show off their straight line speed but then I catch up to them as they take the turns with their brake lights constantly on b/c they can't take the corners... Nowadays I just take my 6MT e46 M3 to the track instead to practice heel toe etc and racing techniques without the pressure driving a GT3. Though not as much as the F car, there's still a target taking the GT3 to the track when I'm still learning a lot how to race. We have a sedan with all the safety features for family driving but my wife now hates the lane changing so we have it all turned off.
I just am an idiot on heal toe.
Old 04-04-2023, 04:30 AM
Macboy
Burning Brakes

Received 3,300 Likes on 733 Posts

Thanks for the kind words.

About the stitching just to be very clear: when for example choosing the leather stitching in chalk on a regular 992 (so not the “deviated stitching” option) you always get the upper part of the door in chalk stitching but the middle part of the door stitching will not be in chalk but in black. Just as the steering wheel will be in black stitching. Same for the tunnel part.

This also goes for the T package from where we know the steering wheel stitching is just in black. So the upper tunnel part (first two stitch lines) is in that “special” slate grey color but the bottom part (3rd stitch line with the bow) is in black stitching. So the upper part of this tunnel picture is slate grey (not the same as mine), but the bottom part is black (the same as mine).

What makes it a bit more confusing (and funny as you have clearly noticed) is that the black stitching is actually dark grey stitching.

Originally Posted by Edward911
I took the liberty of cropping two of your photos. Which one is Black stitching and which one is Slate Gray stitching? 😉

Last edited by Macboy; 04-04-2023 at 04:31 AM.
Edward911 (04-05-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 08:13 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

I checked at midnight, Eastern time, and no change. I was at stage 4, car entering paint booth (even though I already had pic exciting paint booth). At 2:45am I received an email from TYD stating the car has finished production. It's due to transport tomorrow to the port and arrive in New York May 1st. Now I just need that one finished picture so I know I actually got the arrow wing, and to see what tires I have!

The following 8 users liked this post by AdamIsAdam:
992carrerat (04-04-2023), Cartod (04-04-2023), Edward911 (04-05-2023), HerrDr (04-04-2023), lone992 (04-04-2023), Macboy (04-05-2023), tourenwagen (04-04-2023), wilmaya (04-04-2023) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-04-2023, 08:56 AM
duktail
Rennlist Member

Received 215 Likes on 62 Posts

Anyone else in the States wake up and hoping that our Euro friends have done their job and posted a bunch of pics of their cars being delivered? Anyone that has actually puts some miles on your car would love to hear about your impressions compared to other 992's. Still looking for some real life photos of the lizard green Carrera T interior package. Look forward to a day with a ton of posts, there just isn't enough content online for an addicted T addict.
The following 3 users liked this post by duktail:
lone992 (04-04-2023), Macboy (04-05-2023), timothymoffat (04-04-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 09:47 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by toph4242
Just got a call from Porsche. I had asked the TYD team about the final photos I never received... Turns out that a number of vehicles (the week that mine was built being 3/9) will not be receiving the final 2-3 pictures due to camera malfunctions... Oh well

The only reason I cared was to know if I needed to order different tires or not. The TYD team anticipated this question and confirmed with the factory the final tire equipment that my car has and I guess I WON the tire lottery and lost the photo lottery because they confirmed that my car has MICHELIN PS4S!! Won't be able to ever get those pics, but I don't care because Michelin was all I cared about!
Hey @toph4242 ,
Remind me, which photos are you missing? As you saw, I got all but the final photo and I'm really hoping I get that one!

Has anyone received that final photo after the rest?
toph4242 (04-04-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 10:01 AM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,258 Likes on 1,399 Posts

Originally Posted by duktail
Anyone else in the States wake up and hoping that our Euro friends have done their job and posted a bunch of pics of their cars being delivered? Anyone that has actually puts some miles on your car would love to hear about your impressions compared to other 992's. Still looking for some real life photos of the lizard green Carrera T interior package. Look forward to a day with a ton of posts, there just isn't enough content online for an addicted T addict.
I'm waiting for the pics too as I have ordered the Lizard Green T Package interior. My car is on a ship somewhere in the Atlantic.
Macboy (04-05-2023)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club