Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2023, 04:28 PM
Green_Tea
Rennlist Member

Received 350 Likes on 80 Posts

Is there a way to reply and quote on Rennlist without showing their images again?

Anyway, Dan G above wonders if the lovely T will be a permanent addition to his garage.

I think lots of us should be asking that question, because ‘our era’ is ending.

ICE only, manual box, low weight, not an oversized smart phone ?
Soon these things will become unobtainable.

From next year in the UK the percentage of ICE cars a manufacturer can sell in the UK ticks down each year until it becomes zero in 2030.

Hug your T close.
The following 2 users liked this post by Green_Tea:
arrivederci (11-16-2023), Devon Racer (11-16-2023)
Old 11-16-2023, 04:41 PM
ECNJ
Burning Brakes

Received 2,320 Likes on 814 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike818
The sport-tex is a big part of the reason I decided to keep the rear seat.
Ditto. Good choice. Recently met a guy that bought the $300K gold Exclusive 911 Turbo S. He asked me to unlock my T so he could get a good look at the Sport-Tex seats….complimented them.

Last edited by ECNJ; 11-16-2023 at 07:25 PM.
The following 7 users liked this post by ECNJ:
Macboy (11-18-2023), Mike818 (11-16-2023), mitchs_996 (11-16-2023), Scott P (11-17-2023), Uhu (11-17-2023), wilmaya (11-17-2023), Ørjan (11-16-2023) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-16-2023, 04:53 PM
seahack
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 35 Posts

Woohoo! According to TYD, my T has reached a new milestone (03), and now has a VIN. Manufacture will be starting soon.

What a privilege................ For those who received assembly photos, how does that work? Thank you.

Last edited by seahack; 11-16-2023 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-16-2023, 05:02 PM
anythingbuttime
Pro

Received 377 Likes on 201 Posts

Visors are vinyl. I did Alcantara visors on my 991.2t. Completely unnecessary but really happy with them. I wasn't going to upgrade the headliner in the 992 so I left the visors. Haven't thought about in once.

Originally Posted by Vernin
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRXHXTI0

This link is my critique, I love the spec!
you did a fantastic job!
The only things I would change;
Locking wheel bolts.
Cooled leather seats. (Full leather seats, and cooling which is nice)
Preparation for the roof transport system, it's 60 dollars and worth it just in case.
spec'd the smoking package because it is free.
You should not get the race-lined roof.
Nor the race tex sun visors.
You are paying for the leather package to then pay even more to change the leather sun visors to race tex.
The standard liner I think is just as good as the race tex. You will not miss having a race tex lined roof.
also the fire extinguisher for fun!!
Old 11-16-2023, 05:38 PM
Devon Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 673 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan-G
Been following for months now whilst I waited for my T allocation (after I put a deposit down in January) - not really expecting it to materialise and thinking I'd missed the boat.

Fast forward to August this year and I got my allocation, spec locked in October, got a phone call last week saying it was in build and this week it was on a boat... which subsequently I think docked at Sheerness today!

To top it off, the pics appeared today and it appears I've lucked out with Michelins too!

Quite a simple spec... Shark Blue, manual, slate grey T interior, rear seats, folding mirrors, PDLS+, surround camera, Bose (and a couple of smaller options), it's my first new car, first 911 and first Porsche for that matter, the plan was always for it to be a long term (dare I say it - maybe permanent) keeper. The only downside is I've had to get rid of my 2015 LR Defender 90 which just wont get driven now. Bursting with excitement is an understatement.

@Dan-G Hi @Devon Racer here how did you get your pics. My car is due to leave Sheerness tomorrow now and be at my dealers on Saturday afternoon.
Where did your pics appear? My car was manufactured between the 20th October and was completed by the 25th October and entered Emden 2 days later. It has been at Sheerness since the 9th November.
My app has just moved onto phase 4 today "An exclusive preview of your vehicle " Where the pics emailed to you?
Where are you based if your willing to divulge?
You will be so pleased when you take delivery I am sure we will not be disappointed. I am praying also for Michelins too my last car was on them.
Best Devon Racer.
The following 3 users liked this post by Devon Racer:
Dan-G (11-17-2023), Green_Tea (11-16-2023), masmole (11-16-2023)
Old 11-16-2023, 06:56 PM
FastAlpine
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by seahack
Woohoo! According to TYD, my T has reached a new milestone (03), and now has a VIN. Manufacture will be starting soon.

What a privilege................ For those who received assembly photos, how does that work? Thank you.
I am in the exact same spot as you. Just received a vin and manufacturing process starting soon.
The following users liked this post:
seahack (11-16-2023)
Old 11-16-2023, 07:03 PM
seahack
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by FastAlpine
I am in the exact same spot as you. Just received a vin and manufacturing process starting soon.
Woohoo! Congratulations.
Old 11-16-2023, 09:05 PM
masmole
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by zanary
Not bloated at all. I like that config.

My config is a bit more than yours 😀. April delivery for mine.
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRVQFQQ2
Wow those are some bold choices and a ton of options on a T indeed. Ruby Star with aerokit is going to look awesome! Me and my 8yo daughter were on board with ruby, but wife and son nixed it and so we compromised with carmine. It’s my car but house rules say that car colors are always a family decision lol

Can’t wait to see some pics on here when you get it!
zanary (11-17-2023)
Old 11-16-2023, 09:21 PM
arrivederci
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,197 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by Vernin
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRXHXTI0

This link is my critique, I love the spec!
you did a fantastic job!
The only things I would change;
Locking wheel bolts.
Cooled leather seats. (Full leather seats, and cooling which is nice)
Preparation for the roof transport system, it's 60 dollars and worth it just in case.
spec'd the smoking package because it is free.
You should not get the race-lined roof.
Nor the race tex sun visors.
You are paying for the leather package to then pay even more to change the leather sun visors to race tex.
The standard liner I think is just as good as the race tex. You will not miss having a race tex lined roof.
also the fire extinguisher for fun!!
Different strokes for different folks of course…

I think race-tex is awesome - makes it feel even more special along with sport-tex seats. I’ve had many get in my car and compliment both of those immediately. Re: leather seats, you can buy a Kia (makes great cars!) with leather today.

But if you do insist on leather, then yes get ventilated seats. But frankly none of that is needed with sport-tex seats. They are warmer when it is cold, cooler when it is warm.

And the big question, what’s up with locking wheel bolts? Are you really worried about wheels being stolen? Ever happened to you before? Ever seen the videos that show how easy it is to bypass them? Ever seen what tire shops do when something happens to the lock and they have to remove it with force? I have locking wheel bolts on 1 car (Lexus suv) and I find them an unnecessary pain. Many times I’ve nearly gone to amazon to buy 4 regular bolts to replace them and be done with it. Similarly, I would a skip center lock wheel choice if it were an option (I know it isn’t). Then again, I work on my cars so I’m looking at the wheel locks through that lense.
Green_Tea (11-17-2023)
Old 11-17-2023, 05:23 AM
Dan-G
5th Gear

Received 39 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Devon Racer
@Dan-G Hi @Devon Racer here how did you get your pics. My car is due to leave Sheerness tomorrow now and be at my dealers on Saturday afternoon.
Where did your pics appear? My car was manufactured between the 20th October and was completed by the 25th October and entered Emden 2 days later. It has been at Sheerness since the 9th November.
My app has just moved onto phase 4 today "An exclusive preview of your vehicle " Where the pics emailed to you?
Where are you based if your willing to divulge?
You will be so pleased when you take delivery I am sure we will not be disappointed. I am praying also for Michelins too my last car was on them.
Best Devon Racer.
@Devon Racer
I'm based in Essex and the car is coming from Porsche Colchester. I haven't been notified the pics were available but found them looking around some of the hidden files in My Porsche (something I saw others doing). Basically you log into My Porsche from a laptop/PC rather than from a mobile device/app and do the following:
  • Right click on the picture of your Porsche in the middle of the main "Overview" screen, choose "Inspect".
  • Go to Network tab that opens on the right
  • Refresh the web page page so the network tab fills up with content
  • Sort the "name" column so they appear in alphabetical order and find the line "orders?include-full-content=false"
  • Click Preview tab on right side
  • Scroll down the list and find an item there "productionImages". Expand that and you should find a3 URLs you can paste into a browser window.
It's a bit fiddly but works. Noticed this morning that the pics now appear in the app as well!

Hope that helps!
The following 3 users liked this post by Dan-G:
Green_Tea (11-17-2023), mrcarlo (11-17-2023), Pivot (11-18-2023)
Old 11-17-2023, 10:31 AM
6sigma
Rennlist Member

Received 490 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by The911Don
If true, this will be quite a shift for yellow 911 fans. RY has stood throughout the entire 991 generation and 992.1 iteration. My hope is that PAG brings back Speed Yellow (arguably Porsche’s most iconic yellow), but I think it unlikely.
Looks like it is true. My RY build in April was denied due to color. I am hoping there will be replacement colors available for the 992.1 T - would love a chance at some new yellow. I like RY but I'd prefer something a little darker like speed or signal. Bahama yellow would be awesome but I think very little chance that will become a standard color option. If no new colors become available for the 992.1 T I think I'll go with Gentian or maybe White with green T interior and add some green stripes.
Old 11-17-2023, 10:49 AM
Motorin Mark
Racer

Received 427 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by arrivederci
Different strokes for different folks of course…

And the big question, what’s up with locking wheel bolts? Are you really worried about wheels being stolen? Ever happened to you before? Ever seen the videos that show how easy it is to bypass them? Ever seen what tire shops do when something happens to the lock and they have to remove it with force? I have locking wheel bolts on 1 car (Lexus suv) and I find them an unnecessary pain. Many times I’ve nearly gone to amazon to buy 4 regular bolts to replace them and be done with it. Similarly, I would a skip center lock wheel choice if it were an option (I know it isn’t). Then again, I work on my cars so I’m looking at the wheel locks through that lense.
Right there with you, I just got a new Acura as my daily driver and the dealership installed locking wheel bolts on "just for me", I asked him if I could please have the four originals and he could keep his locking ones, He went and got me the four originals from his service department and told me I could keep the locking ones......I swapped them out the moment I got home. 30 years ago I had them on a truck of mine and one got stripped out and the tire shop had to ruin my nice aftermarket wheel just to get it off. No more locking bolts for me. You want my stock wheels that bad? Steal them and Ill upgrade to something cooler in the aftermarket designs.
The following 2 users liked this post by Motorin Mark:
arrivederci (11-17-2023), RatherJaded (11-17-2023)
Old 11-17-2023, 11:01 AM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,613 Likes on 920 Posts

Originally Posted by 6sigma
Looks like it is true. My RY build in April was denied due to color. I am hoping there will be replacement colors available for the 992.1 T - would love a chance at some new yellow. I like RY but I'd prefer something a little darker like speed or signal. Bahama yellow would be awesome but I think very little chance that will become a standard color option. If no new colors become available for the 992.1 T I think I'll go with Gentian or maybe White with green T interior and add some green stripes.

I believe @The911Don speculation is probably what will actually occur, a new shade of yellow will be introduced verus a heritage yellow that is now a PTS yellow being reintroduced.
The following 2 users liked this post by RatherJaded:
Cartod (11-17-2023), Vernin (11-17-2023)
Old 11-17-2023, 11:46 AM
Adam12
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Allocation available

My SA has an allocation available for a Carrera T.
Car will get built in February with a March 15 delivery.
Car has not been spec'd yet.
No ADM.
Nothing to me. Just passing it along here (and elsewhere).
Dealer is in Chicago area.

Send me a private message if you are serious about the car.
Old 11-17-2023, 01:08 PM
Cartod
Burning Brakes

Received 2,115 Likes on 698 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott P
I got the lizard in leather because I wanted leather, and I wanted the T package, but I didn't want Grey.
Ditto. The only thing I didn’t spec in leather in my T was the lower door panels and I regret that. The green belts/ stitching/tach may not be for everyone but I find them fun/sporty and an absolutely gorgeous contrast to the black leather.

The smell alone of all the leather is worth it. It reminds me of the old air cooled 911 smell without that hint of burnt oil.

If it’s in your budget and you have the right exterior color I highly recommend the lizard T package. If it’s not in your budget, eliminate RAS, FAL, lane assist, etc and get it in you budget. 🤣

Last edited by Cartod; 11-17-2023 at 01:21 PM.
arrivederci (11-17-2023)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club