Gulf Blue @thoz
The following users liked this post:
Vernin (11-01-2023)
Old 11-01-2023, 10:35 AM
N3DXT
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Devon Racer
Sorry @N3DXT but got a message from my OPC today that my car has now left production / completed V300. This is approx 3 days earlier than planned, so I am more confident of the car being at the dealer by the 17th of next month?
However, my app is still on level 3 (The 911 development process) has been for ages now. How does one get it onto the next level 4 ?
Did you say you found your pics by chance or well after your car was produced.? Maybe I recall even when the car was at Sheerness.?
I would really love to have some pics of my car in production ? The US lot seem to fare much better that we do in this respect!
Do you have any advice or tips on this please.
Many thanks,
Best, Devon Racer,
Hi

Firstly, excellent news, the delivery day is getting closer.

My pictures came through in the TYD app about two weeks after the car was built. I had two appear in the TYD app but had already managed to get three pictures via F12 hack, the car was built on the 18th September but I wasn't able to hack the pictures until 30 September. About two weeks after the car arrived with the dealer (and I had collected the car) the TYD app changed and I can no longer see the five steps to delivery (or hack the build photos).

I would say there's still time to get the pictures up until delivery, just keep checking each day

All the best, Davis

Last edited by N3DXT; 11-01-2023 at 10:37 AM.
Vernin (11-01-2023)
Old 11-01-2023, 10:40 AM
russdc
Instructor

Received 150 Likes on 56 Posts

GT Silver Metallic @Barkat03
Python Green
Guards Red @Macboy
Gentian Blue Metallic
Ice Grey Metallic @Devon Racer
Shark Blue
White
Ruby Star Neo
Chalk
Racing Yellow
Black @Wilder
Jet Black Metallic
Carmine Red
GT Silver @RussDC

Vernin (11-01-2023)
Old 11-01-2023, 10:59 AM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

Received 929 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by Macboy
Maybe we should all put out the colors of our cars to see what colors are most popular? Anybody got time and interest to start this? Or just everybody reply and add your name

Macboy Guards Red
Sorry for spam
GT Silver Metallic @Barkat03 @Uhu
Python Green @AdamIsAdam @anythingbuttime
Guards Red @Macboy @Newusername @Tranceparent
Gentian Blue Metallic
Ice Grey Metallic @Devon Racer @Patriot
Shark Blue
White
Ruby Star Neo @Vernin
Chalk @GTA_6speed
Racing Yellow @VarTheVar
Black @Wilder
Jet Black Metallic
Carmine Red
Gulf Blue @thoz
GT Silver @russdc

Last edited by Vernin; 11-01-2023 at 11:16 AM.
Old 11-01-2023, 11:00 AM
brobeans
6th Gear

Received 24 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey folks,

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I'm hopefully getting into a 911 T soon(ish), and I was wondering what my best option would be - I may have the ability to get a pre-specced car that's arriving on the lot, or the option to order one that I spec myself.

The pre-specced car isn't exactly what I want, but it's not too far either. Obvious advantage is that it's on the way here and I can pick it up soon. But it's not exaaaaactly what I want, and this is my first 911 so I want it to be a bit special (notwithstanding the fact that it's gonna be special regardless). I also don't really mind waiting a bit.

Speccing a car and ordering it (they told me they have allocation to do this so fingers crossed) has the clear advantage of being what I want, and I also want to do European delivery so I can make a trip out of it. My only concern is the wait time - they told me about 3-6 months, which I'm totally fine with. But I was wondering what everyone's experience with delivery delays and Euro delivery was?

Thanks!
Vernin (11-01-2023)
Old 11-01-2023, 11:11 AM
Devon Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 680 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by brobeans
Hey folks,

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I'm hopefully getting into a 911 T soon(ish), and I was wondering what my best option would be - I may have the ability to get a pre-specced car that's arriving on the lot, or the option to order one that I spec myself.

The pre-specced car isn't exactly what I want, but it's not too far either. Obvious advantage is that it's on the way here and I can pick it up soon. But it's not exaaaaactly what I want, and this is my first 911 so I want it to be a bit special (notwithstanding the fact that it's gonna be special regardless). I also don't really mind waiting a bit.

Speccing a car and ordering it (they told me they have allocation to do this so fingers crossed) has the clear advantage of being what I want, and I also want to do European delivery so I can make a trip out of it. My only concern is the wait time - they told me about 3-6 months, which I'm totally fine with. But I was wondering what everyone's experience with delivery delays and Euro delivery was?

Thanks!
I would be surprised if the T stays in production much after Feb 24? So make dam sure it is a proper allocation and not a salesman's dream?
Ideally spec it, but only if you can do so with a commission number.
The following 7 users liked this post by Devon Racer:
brobeans (11-01-2023), dg108 (11-02-2023), N3DXT (11-01-2023), RatherJaded (11-01-2023), stonekutter (11-01-2023), Uhu (11-01-2023), Vernin (11-01-2023) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-01-2023, 11:12 AM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

Hey folks,

Long time a lurker, a first-time poster here. I'm hopefully getting into a 911 T soon(ish), and I was wondering what my best option would be - I may have the ability to get a pre-specced car that's arriving on the lot, or the option to order one that I spec myself.

The pre-specced car isn't exactly what I want, but it's not too far either. The obvious advantage is that it's on the way here and I can pick it up soon. But it's not exactly what I want, and this is my first 911 so I want it to be a bit special (notwithstanding the fact that it's gonna be special regardless). I also don't really mind waiting a bit.

Speccing a car and ordering it (they told me they have allocation to do this so fingers crossed) has the clear advantage of being what I want, and I also want to do European delivery so I can make a trip out of it. My only concern is the wait time - they told me about 3-6 months, which I'm totally fine with. But I was wondering what everyone's experience with delivery delays and Euro delivery was.

Thanks!
If you have the chance to special order or spec your own I would do it. My dad ordered his 04 gt3 as the dealership told him for resale and he still hates the color and hates the no-options interior. But he has not sold it even to this day, because it was his first special Porsche, chances are you will not sell your dream spec Porsche and even if you do you should get right around the same you paid for it if you wait long enough to sell it. SO order it how you want it

What I would recomend you do especially if you do not mind waiting, is spec the car exactly how you want.

Do the euro delivery regardless of how long it takes, I did an Atlanta delivery and I loved it.

Also if your dealership is trying to charge you an addendum tell them you will do euro delivery and you want no addendum. You can tell them its because you know that they will be getting another non-gt model when someone does euro delivery, While increasing the chances of them getting more Porsche allocations if you do euro delivery.
brobeans (11-01-2023)
Old 11-01-2023, 11:21 AM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

@AdamIsAdam

Have you thought of getting an enclosed trailer to keep your car in? they are like mini garages. My pops keeps his GT3 992 in a trailer during the winter
Old 11-01-2023, 11:45 AM
DSC48
Rennlist Member

Received 564 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
OK, fellow T'ers out there, I'm going to float this one by you all. I'm debating selling my T (flame suit on). I'm short on garage space and am debating letting the car go or imposing on the kindness of my friends to lend me garage space for a while. So a few questions for the group:

1. Does anyone know someone who may want to buy it? (it's got 2,600 miles, Aero, Python Green, stock aside from the Motorsports stripe I had custom made, which is on top of a FULL PPF job, including windshield. More info can be provided).

2. What do you all think about depreciation? I could keep the car and store it in another garage, using it infrequently, or I could sell it. Part of my debate on that is whether the car will depreciate much in the next 1-2 years with continued, extremely light use. It's a garage queen that is driven on nice days or events (like the Great T-Party!).

Open to thoughts on the subject. I do love the car, but not sure it makes sense to keep it just to have it sit.

TIA,
Adam
I don't think anyone can answer the depreciation question now. After the release of the 992.2 and we see what is hybrid, what is PDK only, we may get a better idea. I thnk if I were you, I would list it for full MSRP. If someone bites, great. Maybe the dealer would buy it back at near MSRP? Otherwise, store it for the winter and reevaluate in the spring after we know more about the 992.2.
The following 2 users liked this post by DSC48:
ECNJ (11-01-2023), Vernin (11-01-2023)
Old 11-01-2023, 12:00 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,329 Likes on 1,427 Posts

Originally Posted by Vernin
@AdamIsAdam

Have you thought of getting an enclosed trailer to keep your car in? they are like mini garages. My pops keeps his GT3 992 in a trailer during the winter
Can't find a person who will rent out indoor space in a barn or something? I did that for years and the money saved to lease a spot was a lot cheaper than building a garage (which I finally did bc, well, needed one).
The following 2 users liked this post by Scott P:
Old 11-01-2023, 12:08 PM
Fishah
Burning Brakes

Received 1,529 Likes on 549 Posts

You're welcome to leave the car at my house also.
The following 5 users liked this post by Fishah:
AdamIsAdam (11-01-2023), ECNJ (11-01-2023), HerrDr (11-01-2023), N3DXT (11-01-2023), Vernin (11-01-2023)
Old 11-01-2023, 12:10 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,176 Likes on 1,835 Posts

Originally Posted by jbl16
It will depreciate its not a GT model or a limited run model. Drive it and enjoy it.
The 991.2 T was $102k MSRP. They sell for around $100k today. T is not limited run but may as well be. Only 2k 991.2 Ts in two years. The 992 T will be similar. Same #s as the ST.
The following 2 users liked this post by Wilder:
Old 11-01-2023, 12:14 PM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

HEY ALL 15% at COCOMATS RIGHT NOW USE CODE EARLY23
I know some of you were asking for a code to them
The following 4 users liked this post by Vernin:
anythingbuttime (11-01-2023), ECNJ (11-01-2023), Mike818 (11-01-2023), RatherJaded (11-01-2023)
Old 11-01-2023, 12:20 PM
HerrDr
Pro

Received 1,075 Likes on 448 Posts

Hey folks,

Thanks!
If you can manage to get Euro Delivery, DO IT. It is the absolute most special way to get the car. I just dropped my T off this morning near Munich after having it in Germany for a couple weeks. Porsche make it feel like a very VIP experience and it really shines on German roads (and Swiss, Austrian, Italian, etc roads). It's an experience I will never forget. Just look at some of the trip reports in the Euro Delivery section of Rennlist. It's just magical. Even with the occasional logistical mishap, the experience is thoroughly enjoyed.

EDIT: I should add that I placed my deposit October 2022. Got allocation December 2022. Car was built in May 2023 and sat until October 2023 for me to pick it up in Stuttgart and I have no regrets waiting oh so long.

Last edited by HerrDr; 11-01-2023 at 12:23 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by HerrDr:
brobeans (11-01-2023), ECNJ (11-01-2023), Patriot (11-02-2023), Uhu (11-01-2023), Vernin (11-01-2023)
Old 11-01-2023, 01:05 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,066 Likes on 1,761 Posts

Thanks for the thoughts fellas. I'll hang on to it for a few months since a friend offered his garage. By Feb/March, I'll have to make a decision whether or not to send it to my house in FL or sell it. I don't know how much I'll use it in FL, and that's my dilemma. Do I keep it there for when I can use it, which is ideal, or do I sell it in exchange for something like a 981 Boxster for there at 1/3 the price, and it won't likely depreciate much.

I guess I have time. Meanwhile, if anyone knows of someone interested in it, I'd probably take MSRP for it. Remember, it's got a full PPF & ceramic job, plus cargraphic, so not only is the paint perfect, it's protected.
Vernin (11-01-2023)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club