Sponsored by:

992 Carrera T Club

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2023, 11:43 AM
Melbourne15
Banned

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Good Morning,
I have a 911 T allocation available. Locks Sept. 7th. Arrival November 2023. I am at a Porsche dealership located in the Midwest. If interested pm me for details.
Regards,
David
The following 2 users liked this post by Melbourne15:
N3DXT (08-11-2023), Vernin (08-09-2023)
Old 08-09-2023, 11:49 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,032 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Originally Posted by reloader-1
Sometime likely early next week, this thread will surpass the waiting room thread as the most popular one on this forum.

Incredible considering that one started two years earlier, and serves all 911 non-GT models. At the bare minimum, there’s a LOT of enthusiast interest for the T this generation, hopefully that translates into retained value for owners as well.
FINALLY! I'm with the "in" crowd! LOL
The following users liked this post:
Vernin (08-09-2023)
Old 08-09-2023, 12:10 PM
tna3
Racer

Received 136 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Barkat03
Dashboard warning!?!?
Here’s a dashboard warning I haven’t seen before on any Porsche.
I was on a narrow road at the time.
Anyone else seen this??

If I had to guess, that almost looks like V2V (vehicle to vehicle) communication. I don't know if this stuff has actually deployed yet but its supposed to allow warning other nearby vehicles in the area of potential hazards and emergency vehicles in action.
The following 2 users liked this post by tna3:
Barkat03 (08-09-2023), Vernin (08-09-2023)
Old 08-09-2023, 12:21 PM
Pivot
Burning Brakes

Received 1,640 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by Barkat03
Dashboard warning!?!?
Here’s a dashboard warning I haven’t seen before on any Porsche.
I was on a narrow road at the time.
Anyone else seen this??

I have never seen it myself, but I suspect its part of the SWARM system (VAG group satNav traffic surveillance) collecting and sharing data across VW, Audi, Skoda, Seat, Porsche, Lamborghini group.
Old 08-09-2023, 12:44 PM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,613 Likes on 920 Posts

Originally Posted by Bayamon
They're great. I had some rain Sat and Sun and expected them to be somewhat slippery but to my surprise, they had a great response.

Great! Thank you for the update. Keep me posted if your opinion changes as my build does not freeze until October.
Old 08-09-2023, 12:57 PM
mhoffman1966
Intermediate

Received 116 Likes on 15 Posts

Curios if you logged any lap times? I have a new T that I have not tracked yet, but race an older Cayman at HRP quite often. Would love to know the comparison.
Old 08-09-2023, 01:15 PM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

Received 911 Likes on 451 Posts

@Targa32 I hope you are enjoying the car, It looks fantastic, I really wish I could have gotten the aero kit, it's beautiful.
Also, I think it is interesting you went with the spyder wheels and Alcantara. Please do tell me how you like it.

Since I am a leather person, (I ride horses) I really started to love leather when I was young, so I love having things in high-quality leather. So I got my interior with the full leather package, less the optional door and dash leather and extra bits you can get, all I did was have it stitched in Bordeaux red, and I am a fan of the leather cooling seats as well (I really noticed it in humid places after wiping down my car in the heat haha) but for me the leather really makes the car feel complete. I also know it will last a very long time as I condition and clean my car and the leather frequently.
Can you tell me why you like the Alcantara more than the leather?
I know the T is supposed to be a driver's car, but to me, that means a car you can enjoy in every aspect. Driving in the Rain, Snow, Hot Weather, and Cold, through little towns and big cities, the Race track, autobahns, canyons, interstates, back roads, and dirt roads. It should be able to do all that with ease and do it comfortably and have amenities that make it a little better.
I know some say it gets hot but not that I have noticed I left my sun shade reflector out of my window yesterday it got up to 100 degrees F or 37 degrees C and when I got in it was not burning or hotter than my old car with a black cloth interior. with the sun reflector actually in my window, it keeps it pretty cool. Even in Direct Sun. (also sun reflectors are only 30 bucks and so easily purchasable and it is a no-brainer to get one, regardless of what interior you went with.
Anyway I really noticed the leather every day and all the hours I have driven in the T now (more than 64-140 hours of actual driving time I believe)
I have put 3360 miles on my Ruby Star Neo T as well and I have owned the car for less than 2 weeks. I am happy with the leather, it makes a world of difference.
Don't get me wrong, I like Alecantara and I am happy with Alcantara being used for the RS and the really high-performance 911 or 718s that are only used on the track. since it is grippier, But, what people do not realize is that Alcantara is actually leather, just very suede-like and it wears with friction. Also, some say it has a little less weight. which is perfect for Track cars. I know for many many years bucket seats from Recaro were leather and held you quite firm and last over 20 years of heavy track use. so really wondering what people's thoughts are on it. But unless you have a track car, I think many might find themselves annoyed when the Allacantara starts wearing, it's also hard to clean. what are your thoughts?

Last edited by Vernin; 08-09-2023 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-09-2023, 01:20 PM
ECNJ
Burning Brakes

Received 2,320 Likes on 814 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
I'm debating what, if anything to change. It NEEDS more volume, but then again, when I'm alone (no other cars around) it's decent. My Cayman is SO good and loud with only the OAP/ GPF removed and valve controller installed. And yes, I can switch it all closed and cruise in comfort.
If u or anyone want to get a new one on the cheap. Someone in CA asked me yesterday if I wanted a new SS IPE exhaust for $1,850 including shipping. That’s a bargain price. Not sure if still available…prob sell soon at that price. IPE is a Taiwanese company. Heard they’re legit. Research it online if interested. There are Utube vids. If serious and interested, PM me for details.

Update- @AdamIsAdam was first to PM me.

Last edited by ECNJ; 08-09-2023 at 01:56 PM.
Vernin (08-09-2023)
Old 08-09-2023, 01:23 PM
Macboy
Burning Brakes

Received 3,300 Likes on 733 Posts

@Bayamon I just love your car and spec. Brilliantly put together if I may say so.

@Targa32 lovely combination!

@Vernin curious why you did not add the other leather options? Or was it just budget wise?

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
Facebook group has a post featuring a rubystar T with buckets. Must be one of the first customer cars with buckets.
Can you share a link or can you just post the pictures here?

Originally Posted by emilpecheny
I am doing Mojave Beige Stitching throughout include the extended leather options. This will be paired with some custom inserts to add some more color to the interior and play of the greens, beige, blacks and khaki colors.
Love this build, especially your color combo and chosing the leather options. What is strange is that in the configurator I am missing the extended leather package with the inner sil door guards and the interior mirror panel in leather and the fuse box in leather. Aren’t these options available in your country? It really is a must have if you want the full horizontal stitching from floor mats to upper door parts. There are 8 horizontal stitching lines you can choose, gotta get them all. I also see you did not chose the Air Vent Surround (and Air Vent Slats) in Leather. The air vent slats are stupid, but the air vent surround in leather is a must option if you have the deviated stichting option. That stitching there is just beautiful so don’t miss that option. If you are on a budget limit just skip the extended dashboard leather because that’s a total rip off compared to the 991.2 version. Just get the extended leather on the doors. If budget is no issue just add it. If you have no idea what it is I can provide nice pics but just trust me.

Originally Posted by Cartod
Congrats on PTS! I got turned down also on my Gulf Blue.
For what reason??

Originally Posted by toph4242
If I was going to change one thing about my car/build it would probably be adding this wing. It looks really really good on the Rubystar car
You can add it later like Cartod did!

Last edited by Macboy; 08-09-2023 at 01:25 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Macboy:
HerrDr (08-09-2023), Vernin (08-09-2023)
Old 08-09-2023, 01:26 PM
Macboy
Burning Brakes

Received 3,300 Likes on 733 Posts

A very nice Dutch review of the 992 T !

The following 9 users liked this post by Macboy:
Barkat03 (08-09-2023), Bodibedo (08-10-2023), FloraFauna (08-09-2023), HerrDr (08-09-2023), mrcarlo (08-09-2023), RatherJaded (08-09-2023), tourenwagen (08-09-2023), Vernin (08-09-2023), Wilder (08-09-2023) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-09-2023, 02:08 PM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macboy
@Bayamon I just love your car and spec. Brilliantly put together if I may say so.

@Targa32 lovely combination!

@Vernin curious why you did not add the other leather options? Or was it just budget wise?

Can you share a link or can you just post the pictures here?

Love this build, especially your color combo and chosing the leather options. What is strange is that in the configurator I am missing the extended leather package with the inner sil door guards and the interior mirror panel in leather and the fuse box in leather. Aren’t these options available in your country? It really is a must have if you want the full horizontal stitching from floor mats to upper door parts. There are 8 horizontal stitching lines you can choose, gotta get them all. I also see you did not chose the Air Vent Surround (and Air Vent Slats) in Leather. The air vent slats are stupid, but the air vent surround in leather is a must option if you have the deviated stichting option. That stitching there is just beautiful so don’t miss that option. If you are on a budget limit just skip the extended dashboard leather because that’s a total rip off compared to the 991.2 version. Just get the extended leather on the doors. If budget is no issue just add it. If you have no idea what it is I can provide nice pics but just trust me.

For what reason??

You can add it later like Cartod did!
Well It was actually on my spec I had my spec at 153k and the Aero kit and all leather exclusive manufacturers got booted, So it was essentially unavailable to me. I would have liked to get leather around the vents with deviated stitching but I didn't really pay attention to it, so I didn't even think to think about it having deviated stitching on it. But for me, some of the leather options were kind of stupid to get, just a small waste of money but still cool and I respect if you got it. It is WAY better than putting something like any-lift on a truck, now that is like taking money and burning it hahaha.
I like some of the bespoke stuff but it was too expensive for what you get, I could have a leather guy I know to make the fuse box, the owner manual the mats, the stuff like that in leather, and I know what leather is going into it and the stitching. And its very high quality, I loved the lower sill and upper doors in leather and wanted it but Porsche rejected it :/
Macboy (08-11-2023)
Old 08-09-2023, 02:12 PM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,613 Likes on 920 Posts

Originally Posted by AJ_Judi
Just came back from Dealer and put my order in... Right now showing Jan 5th delivery
I asked about PTV... He showed some specs that showed it is included.. He said the marketing people who do the consumer facing specs are terrible and its an error.. Keeping fingers crossed he is right. I also asked about 992.2 for 2025 and he said most likely after 2024 there will not be a T offered for a few years.. Possibly again towards the end of 992.2 they may offer a T on 992.2. Mine will be a 2024 model year....
Update, I have yet to receive a response from PCNA via either request, website and direct email to customer service. Hopefully they are digging into it and will get back to me shortly.
Vernin (08-10-2023)
Old 08-09-2023, 02:14 PM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

@Macboy I will also take some high quality photos of the car and interior today I keep forgetting
The following 2 users liked this post by Vernin:
ECNJ (08-09-2023), Macboy (08-11-2023)
Old 08-09-2023, 02:35 PM
lone992
Instructor

Received 297 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Vernin
I am a fan of the leather cooling seats as well (I really noticed it in humid places after wiping down my car in the heat haha) but for me the leather really makes the car feel complete. I also know it will last a very long time as I condition and clean my car and the leather frequently.
I'm curious to know what products you use and your process for conditioning and cleaning the leather. TIA
Vernin (08-09-2023)
Old 08-09-2023, 02:47 PM
Vernin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lone992
I'm curious to know what products you use and your process for conditioning and cleaning the leather. TIA
I use Stubben Haminol Leather Conditioner and Griots Garage leather products
Amazon Amazon
lone992 (08-09-2023)

Quick Reply: 992 Carrera T Club