Current pricing

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2020, 11:05 AM
amelen
Pro

Received 118 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard_Wallace
Amelen,

You seem like you are all over the place - pricing, discounts, etc. - M8 vs 911, etc. We probably have all be there one time or another. I would recommend waiting. Take a month or three to consider what you want, forget about a few K as that while not an insignificant amount of money... It is if you do not get what you want.

Why not wait for a month or so, consider getting a nice used 911.2 variant of your choice, and if you do not like it, you probably will not loose much as you bought used and didn't take a hit in depreciation. Better yet, if you are new to Porsche, buy a few year old one with CPO. You get a lot of bang for your buck, and would not regret it. My first porsche was a 1978 911 SC targa, bought my Sr. Year in college (12 year old car at the time) $10K. It treated me well for 7-8 years (not one issue minus oil changes and tires and 30K miles), and I sold it and bought a new one, got more than I paid for it. No harm in getting a few year old model, and see if you like it.

While our opinions can help with the threads your are posting, take a step back and think of what you want.
Yup, just trying to narrow down my decision and the input from the forum here has been invaluable. I've had a few Porsche's, but not the 911 (which is what I've wanted each time, but chose a different model for practicality reasons). At this point, I'm barely driving at all due to COVID, so this is a big game of day dreaming, but ultimately, If my car sells (I listed it for sale in my signature), I would definitely look to get a C4S or M8 cab for the spring time.
Old 12-03-2020, 11:51 AM
shark715
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by amelen
Yes, the company I own works with a lot of auto brands & dealerships, that's been the big story for Porsche the last 2mo, 911 inventory is all sitting at port. What dealerships are you working with? If you want to PM me, I can connect you directly with a dealership GM who should be able to get you the best price.
Thanks, PM sent.
Old 12-03-2020, 01:12 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 856 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I just set someone up for a C2S for delivery in Spring 2021. 5.5% of out-the-door price (not MSRP).
If it were me given pricing in this environment and the range of probabilities going forward, I’d offer ipse dixit a commission for securing me an allocation with a 5.5% discount in fact I’d do that all day long.
Old 12-03-2020, 04:24 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 217 Posts

I got 2.5% off my C2S order. I am sure I could have gotten more from shopping around, but I've been with this dealer for 15 years and my SA for 10 years - they'll make sure it was worth it to me over the long haul.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:16 PM
DrewTJ50
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 54 Posts

I am in SF Bay Area, and two of my local dealers refused to budge from MSRP on the Q1 allocations they supposedly have (they were both evasive when asked if these were allocations they had in hand vs expected to receive). This was despite me having been a returning customer with one of them. My in-laws have a friend who owns a dealer back east that offered me 4%. Just put a deposit down with them for a '21 C2S expected to arrive in the spring.

Have heard from other sources that Porsche expects to clear their COVID backlog in late Q1, at which point allocations (and pricing) should normalize. I debated waiting to see if discounts got back into the 5-6% range once the backlog is cleared. Given how many curveballs COVID has already thrown at us, I figured the greater certainty was worth sacrificing the potential for an incremental 1% of discount.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:18 PM
amelen
Pro

Originally Posted by DrewTJ50
I am in SF Bay Area, and two of my local dealers refused to budge from MSRP on the Q1 allocations they supposedly have (they were both evasive when asked if these were allocations they had in hand vs expected to receive). This was despite me having been a returning customer with one of them. My in-laws have a friend who owns a dealer back east that offered me 4%. Just put a deposit down with them for a '21 C2S expected to arrive in the spring.

Have heard from other sources that Porsche expects to clear their COVID backlog in late Q1, at which point allocations (and pricing) should normalize. I debated waiting to see if discounts got back into the 5-6% range once the backlog is cleared. Given how many curveballs COVID has already thrown at us, I figured the greater certainty was worth sacrificing the potential for an incremental 1% of discount.
Spot checking the market, that sounds spot-on. I think all of the stars would need to align for discounts to return to 5-6% by Q1, or even Q2. I think there might be more COVID delays coming as areas begin to lock down again.
Old 12-03-2020, 07:41 PM
DrewTJ50
Rennlist Member

Received 130 Likes on 54 Posts

Agreed. Hard to parse out how much the inventory shortages are because of COVID-related factory output reductions vs CARB issues. Either way I'm not inclined to bet on a faster-than-expected timeline for resolution.
Old 12-03-2020, 08:10 PM
twin_turbo
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 7 Posts

I got a little over 3% off of my C2 order as this was my second purchase from this dealer. Ordered last week and snagged their last base allocation.
Old 12-04-2020, 05:45 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 821 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by DrewTJ50
Agreed. Hard to parse out how much the inventory shortages are because of COVID-related factory output reductions vs CARB issues. Either way I'm not inclined to bet on a faster-than-expected timeline for resolution.
Concur...however think probably more like Q2 or Q3 for things to normalize. Most of the US won't be COVID-19 clear till late Spring early Summer 2021 and the Summer and Fall will be spent getting vaccine to kids and the healthy folks and hoping that the immunity is lasting and a Fall/Winter series of shots is not warranted. That will also be going on globally with other countries then time for the recovery economically and commercially so Porsche may not see inventory issues as well as global financial capacity recover till late Q3/Q4 2021 or even Q1 2022. Look at what the airlines are predicting for recovery...
Originally Posted by twin_turbo
I got a little over 3% off of my C2 order as this was my second purchase from this dealer. Ordered last week and snagged their last base allocation.
Yeah I just to delivery of my car but getting an allocation this summer (late July) was doable but took a bit of looking by my SA for a C2S and even then 3.5% was as much as they were willing to give me...a new customer and they are the only dealer in town...and on the island (am in Hawaii). Stateside may have been able to get 5% on an ordered car but even that was hit or miss from what those on the forum were noting.
Old 03-01-2021, 08:41 PM
911andDone
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I was just told MSRP in PA, so I've passed. I've heard 2-3% off in DMV where I live.

I'd still like feedback periodically on this too, and please - if you are stating what your discount is; state trim line and especially location. I just read the aero kit is discontinued until 22, so that will push me back as well I guess. Might just end up with a used GT3 at this point.
Old 03-01-2021, 08:46 PM
amelen
Pro

Originally Posted by 911andDone
I was just told MSRP in PA, so I've passed. I've heard 2-3% off in DMV where I live.

I'd still like feedback periodically on this too, and please - if you are stating what your discount is; state trim line and especially location. I just read the aero kit is discontinued until 22, so that will push me back as well I guess. Might just end up with a used GT3 at this point.
PM me, I can find you some good dealer GM's that might be able to do more.

Quick Reply: Current pricing