Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ranking these options - Best Two out of the four

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2020, 03:56 PM
RSUV
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 24 Posts

Without PSE the 992 sounds completely anaemic. I would listen to one without before you order. The rest is irrelevant. All the seats are fine, leather is nice but still nice without and SPASM if you like the look or dislike without and are willing to put up with the everyday compromise. Apart from that, the Matrix lights are utterly unbelievable and a must have for me. Dark UK nights with fog and rain and my 50-something year old eyesight....Matrix is the difference between fun and no fun. Never used a system like them. I bought a 992 this week, spec’d by the dealer and PSE and Matrix were the only items the car had to have.

Last edited by RSUV; 11-29-2020 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-29-2020, 04:29 PM
HouTexCarreraS
Pro

Received 406 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by RSUV
Without PSE the 992 sounds completely anaemic. I would listen to one without before you order.
Totally disagree. I drove both before I ordered mine and, unless you're set on always announcing your arrival, the standard exhaust is plenty loud at idle and, depending on the mode you're in, the valves open automatically at higher rpm's to give a nice loud wail. I've actually seen drivers I've passed react nervously as I went by, startled by the noise. Also has some nice decel pops, but not too obnoxious, in Sport+ mode. Plus, the quad tips look sooooooo much better!
The following users liked this post:
JHesketh (11-30-2020)
Old 11-29-2020, 04:51 PM
craig66
Pro

Received 498 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by HouTexCarreraS
Totally disagree. I drove both before I ordered mine and, unless you're set on always announcing your arrival, the standard exhaust is plenty loud at idle and, depending on the mode you're in, the valves open automatically at higher rpm's to give a nice loud wail. I've actually seen drivers I've passed react nervously as I went by, startled by the noise. Also has some nice decel pops, but not too obnoxious, in Sport+ mode. Plus, the quad tips look sooooooo much better!
We need to remember that the car that they get in Europe and the UK has the PF and that their sound experience is different from that in the US.

I half agree with you. I landed up getting the PSE as I was ordering. a C2 and did not like the C2 exhausts and so would have had to spring 1K for the C2S exhaust tips and so for an extra 2K I just went with PSE which I do believe is one of the only a handful of options which do somewhat hold their value. Also I liked the option of knowing that if I am in a spirited loud rambunctious mood that I can put on PSE and really have fun.
Old 11-29-2020, 07:43 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,841 Likes on 1,493 Posts

Originally Posted by HouTexCarreraS
100% agree. Each to their own but loud exhausts really are so last decade,
JHesketh (11-30-2020)
Old 11-29-2020, 08:26 PM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Received 3,378 Likes on 1,479 Posts

1. Sport PASM - adds sporty dynamics to the car.

2. PSE - cabin is quiet enough. Sport exhaust makes for a more visceral experience.

3. Full leather - the car will look & feel like the $$ you paid for it.

4. 4/18-way S+ - truly makes you feel like you’re in the car, and not on the car.
craig66 (11-29-2020)
Old 11-29-2020, 08:30 PM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Received 1,627 Likes on 782 Posts

Originally Posted by aggie57
100% agree. Each to their own but loud exhausts really are so last decade,
It's not loud that I'm SO DONE with...it's the ridiculous farting and backfiring. AMG and Jaguar are the worst offenders. I never use Sport mode on the 992 because of the stupid farting (still waiting on feedback from Service Manager here whether it can be turned off with PIWIS)
Old 11-29-2020, 09:00 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,841 Likes on 1,493 Posts

Originally Posted by gcurnew
It's not loud that I'm SO DONE with...it's the ridiculous farting and backfiring. AMG and Jaguar are the worst offenders. I never use Sport mode on the 992 because of the stupid farting (still waiting on feedback from Service Manager here whether it can be turned off with PIWIS)
Have to agree that AMG's and Jag's are pretty bad in that regard although around here the Lambo's seem just as bad.
Old 11-29-2020, 09:26 PM
casaforte9
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Loud exhaust all the time can be annoying and disrespectful around communities but on a nice winding road , Sport mode and pse combined makes that car so much sportier . The great thing about pse is it can be off for cruising. Sport plus in manual mode eliminates the pop/gargle sounds that are in sport mode But still has that sportier sound and shifting in manual mode in sport plus helps with shifting at desired rpms. Individual mode is another option too that makes the car more suitable to driver needs

Last edited by casaforte9; 11-29-2020 at 09:36 PM.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:10 PM
Hormazd Dalal
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 72 Posts

I just spent a week in a C2S Cab. For me it will be a daily driver and never tracked. I don't see the need go 10MM lower or have harsher springs. I set the tires to comfort settings and with the harder spring setting it carved up corners with no issue and then super comfortable in normal mode. For a $170K car I want as much leather as possible, without picking the $15K exclusive or Heritage package, leather and deviated stitching on the dash door handles etc. are a must. Adaptive 18 ways will support the shoulders and hug you as you turn. Finally sports exhaust, while the car sounds wonderful without.... when you drop the hammer, it makes the rush all the more exhilarating.

Ultimately, it depends what you want the car for. Mine (if I can get an allocation next month) will be MT but daily driver that I intend to keep and hand down to my kids.
coastal (04-13-2021)
Old 11-30-2020, 12:03 PM
42LottSC
Track Day

Received 26 Likes on 6 Posts

1) pse
2) leather
3) spasm
4) 14/18

I tested all the seats and they all felt great. I ended up with the the 4 way sport+ and love them. The savings from that choice alone got me the pse & leather
soguinness (11-30-2020)
Old 11-30-2020, 03:29 PM
JHesketh
Racer

Received 230 Likes on 108 Posts

....still waiting on feedback from Service Manager here whether it can be turned off with PIWIS)
I’m right with you on the fake ‘farting’. I asked my service guy if he could turn it off too. He said ‘no’, but this is a ‘won’t’ rather than a ‘can’t’. In another thread on here someone has the kit for programming the car. His pictures show ‘Backfire in Sport’ is a switchable software option.
Old 11-30-2020, 06:13 PM
Mercuriell
Burning Brakes

Received 490 Likes on 303 Posts

[QUOTE=HouTexCarreraS;17058131 Plus, the quad tips look sooooooo much better![/QUOTE]

Agree 100% - the sports exhaust outlets reminds me of looking at the backends of two horses riding side-by-side - tails held high
Old 11-30-2020, 06:34 PM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Received 3,378 Likes on 1,479 Posts

Reminds me of a GT2RS

Old 11-30-2020, 07:42 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,647 Likes on 1,246 Posts

Originally Posted by Mercuriell
Agree 100% - the sports exhaust outlets reminds me of looking at the backends of two horses riding side-by-side - tails held high
When you're not the Lead Horse . . .
Old 11-30-2020, 07:51 PM
HJ951
Instructor

Received 124 Likes on 44 Posts

I agree on the backfiring. The sport exhaust on my BMW had too much backfire for me, especially going down a winding mountain road. I wound up using the standard exhaust. When braking and downshifting for a turn the sport exhaust sounded like a whole bunch of firecrackers going off in an empty barrel.

Quick Reply: Ranking these options - Best Two out of the four