Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ExclusiveOption Leather Parts Available for 992 or Not?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2020, 07:45 AM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Location: Right below the Northern Lights, when not travelling all around.
Received 176 Likes on 105 Posts
Default ExclusiveOption Leather Parts Available for 992 or Not?

Does anyone know if ExclusiveOption (http://exclusiveoption.com) provides their nice leather upgrades for 992 generation?

I can't find any 992 products on their website but on Instagram, for instance, they seem to advertise their products for 992 as well. I've tried to contact them through email and also here on RL but haven't received any response... Are they still in operation?

They seem to have done really good job with other generations, so would be really cool to try some of their products in our 992s... Please share pictures if you have any of their upgrades done on your 992!
Old 09-30-2020, 12:53 PM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Does anyone have any intel about them? I'm sure somebody here must have ordered from them in the past for their 991 or older models..

I love Exclusive Option's craftmanship and impeccable style and would love to get in touch to discuss about the potential upgrades for our beloved 992s. Please help!
Old 09-30-2020, 01:28 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

My guess is that these options are not yet offered on the 992. They're only just now doing a very limited number of PTS options, so I would guess that the interior customizations are at least a year away.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:12 AM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Originally Posted by hinckley
My guess is that these options are not yet offered on the 992. They're only just now doing a very limited number of PTS options, so I would guess that the interior customizations are at least a year away.
Thanks for the reply. Understandable. I thought it was worth asking since they keep mentioning 992 in their instagram updates. Most of all, I am looking to get in touch with them but it seems difficult.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:54 AM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

I went down this road a number of years ago when I ordered a 991. I ended up cancelling the order and buying a newly introduced GTS (you couldn't order interior Exclusive options when the GTS was initially introduced). At the time, I worked with a very impressive woman in the LA Exclusive office. She's moved on within the Porsche organization but was replaced. And iirc, there's another person doing the same thing in Atlanta. If you're not familiar with it, here's a years long thread in the 991 forum dedicated to "Exclusive" ordering options and process. If you dig through there, you may find the contact info for the people in LA and Atlanta that are handling this now.
The following users liked this post:
TheGreatJ (10-01-2020)
Old 10-01-2020, 09:06 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,060 Likes on 2,102 Posts

I sent them a message a month or so ago on here and haven’t heard back even though that I’ve seen they’ve been online. I was contemplating between leather and CF trim on my 997. They do great work from what I hear.
TheGreatJ (10-01-2020)
Old 10-01-2020, 09:26 AM
trice9
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 19 Posts

I have bought from them in the past and am waiting for a few new pieces. You can simply get a piece that you wish you or the previous owner ordered, or you can get some great bespoke pieces. You can make your interior very special, just as if you had a lot of cxx options, while not looking “aftermarket”. Their work is as good or better than OEM. Amazing quality. Their website is terrible. Their IG is good. There is one guy to work with, Frank, who is helpful. But I believe he’s the only one, they are very busy, and so not surprised to hear you’re having difficulty reaching him. I feel like they could run their business better, but they seem to have a ton of business (wait time use to be about 4 weeks, latest order is taking 10 weeks) so maybe that’s not a priority for them. I posted some recent work of theirs here, post #1152
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...l#post16667120

New pieces I have coming get rid of the silver plastic trim of the pdk selector and the trim around it with leather, including some yellow highlights. You can’t do that from the factory. I have seen it on other cars they have done, looks great, leather is always better than plastic.

Last edited by trice9; 10-01-2020 at 09:32 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by trice9:
TheGreatJ (10-01-2020), wdr911 (03-27-2022)
Old 10-01-2020, 10:25 AM
stealthpilot
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 91 Posts

They can do it. They do custom work to order, so they can make anything in leather. The issue is they have a huge backlog. My experience with them is that it takes a few months to get something done. First you have to wait for an email response which can take a 2-3 weeks. Then when you place the order, you have to wait till they have capacity.
TheGreatJ (10-01-2020)
Old 10-01-2020, 12:37 PM
ryandarr1979
Three Wheelin'

Received 837 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by TheGreatJ
Thanks for the reply. Understandable. I thought it was worth asking since they keep mentioning 992 in their instagram updates. Most of all, I am looking to get in touch with them but it seems difficult.
I think he is confusing ExclusiveOption (not affiliated with Porsche) with Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur. If not, I would look at local custom interior options but my guess is everyone is probably busy right now and limited with materials availability due to COVID.

I'd call or email them and ask them if they are in a capacity to start providing products for the 992.

Last edited by ryandarr1979; 10-01-2020 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:02 PM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Originally Posted by ryandarr1979
I think he is confusing ExclusiveOption (not affiliated with Porsche) with Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur. If not, I would look at local custom interior options but my guess is everyone is probably busy right now and limited with materials availability due to COVID.

I'd call or email them and ask them if they are in a capacity to start providing products for the 992.
Yes, I noticed this from the second post. Just to clarify to everybody: I am indeed looking for a way to get in touch with a company called ExclusiveOption that does custom leather interior parts for Porsche cars as a retrofit, not Porsche's own Exclusive Manufaktur department. In any case, I also appreciated the information regarding the latter as well!
Old 10-01-2020, 08:13 PM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Originally Posted by Bxstr
I sent them a message a month or so ago on here and haven’t heard back even though that I’ve seen they’ve been online. I was contemplating between leather and CF trim on my 997. They do great work from what I hear.
Thanks, this has been my experience as well so far. .

Originally Posted by trice9
I have bought from them in the past and am waiting for a few new pieces. You can simply get a piece that you wish you or the previous owner ordered, or you can get some great bespoke pieces. You can make your interior very special, just as if you had a lot of cxx options, while not looking “aftermarket”. Their work is as good or better than OEM. Amazing quality. Their website is terrible. Their IG is good. There is one guy to work with, Frank, who is helpful. But I believe he’s the only one, they are very busy, and so not surprised to hear you’re having difficulty reaching him. I feel like they could run their business better, but they seem to have a ton of business (wait time use to be about 4 weeks, latest order is taking 10 weeks) so maybe that’s not a priority for them. I posted some recent work of theirs here, post #1152
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...l#post16667120

New pieces I have coming get rid of the silver plastic trim of the pdk selector and the trim around it with leather, including some yellow highlights. You can’t do that from the factory. I have seen it on other cars they have done, looks great, leather is always better than plastic.
Awesome, thank you very much, @trice9 for your elaborate reply. I agree with you. Everything that I've seen them make is top notch quality, totally equal to OEM. I love what they've done to your car, very sumptuous and executed with good taste! You must be very happy with it after the modifications. I will try to get in touch with Frank.

Originally Posted by stealthpilot
They can do it. They do custom work to order, so they can make anything in leather. The issue is they have a huge backlog. My experience with them is that it takes a few months to get something done. First you have to wait for an email response which can take a 2-3 weeks. Then when you place the order, you have to wait till they have capacity.
Thanks for confirming, @stealthpilot . This is what I also thought and, at the same time, was afraid of. I wish they would find a way to ramp up their business and production capacity first and foremost (plus customer service/marketing after figuring out other bottlenecks) because clearly there's a strong & growing demand for their product. I'd love to run a business such as EO where the quality of the product is so high and as a consequence, they basically sell themselves.

Last edited by TheGreatJ; 10-01-2020 at 08:15 PM.

Quick Reply: ExclusiveOption Leather Parts Available for 992 or Not?