Sponsored by:

alcantara/rec tex steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2022, 05:04 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,797 Likes on 971 Posts

Originally Posted by 991.1 Guy
I guess so. I pointed it out at delivery and they agreed to take care of it 🤷🏼‍♂️
I’m glad that issue was rectified for you.
Old 09-14-2022, 12:33 PM
malibu515
Burning Brakes

Received 500 Likes on 256 Posts

A recent Savage Geese episode showed the benefit of using a Dry Ice Blaster to return an Alcantara steering wheel to it's
original condition even after hand oils have made it slick.

Old 09-14-2022, 12:43 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,455 Likes on 799 Posts

Dry ice blaster?? I didn't like the alcantara wheel *at all* in my 991.2. Always felt like I needed to wear driving gloves to touch it. Leather in my 992.
Old 09-15-2022, 11:59 PM
Hoodini
Track Day

Received 30 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard_Wallace
I have had alcantera on my past few cars, and my current Mac 720s has it everywhere. My 992 does not have any.

Personally I am kind of over alcantera, it is light, looks nice, etc. But if you have any kind of sunscreen, oil, lotion, etc. that come in contact - it will show. Not a problem for me as I am aware and take caution, but since it is all over my Mac (seats, dash, etc. etc.) - I make sure passengers do not have any oily base products on, specifically during summer, etc. It is a pain to clean off (not impossible), but you have to be vigilant.

Also for when I do treat the leather parts in the Mac, it takes me two times longer, as I have to extra carful not to get leather cleaner/conditioner on the alcantera parts that butt right up against the leather bits. as that also leaves and oily smudge that I have to clean up.

As far as wear and tear, never had an issue (minus my caution above) - it wears as good if not better then leather from a durability standpoint. No creases or anything on some of my cars that I have had over 3 years and many miles.
I was a leather guy. Then my 650s had it. I’ve had two 720s with it. I would never have leather. I love it.

My gts has it on wheel and I love it. The car is a few weeks old so I can’t chime in. But racetex over leather for me.

Quick Reply: alcantara/rec tex steering wheel