Old 08-15-2020, 01:55 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts
Default JCR // 992 Turbo S Exhaust System

Hey all,

Some of you may have come across JCR and our products before on the forum, this is the first time over on the 992 section and happy to introduce our brand new 992 Turbo and 992 Turbo S exhaust products. A worlds first!

JCR bringing the brand new 992 Turbo S to life thanks to our Inconel Race Cats and Titanium Valved Centre silencer replacement.

As the images show, this first range of products are 100% compatible with other OEM exhaust components and can be changed independently to create a system which meets the specific requirements of the owner whilst retaining valve functionality

This specific combination of JCR Inconel Race Cats and JCR Titanium Valved Centre drops the weight of the exhaust from 24.1kg (53.1lbs) to a mere 10.4kg (22.9lbs) - A saving of 13.7kg (30.2lbs) over stock!

A total of seven possible exhaust configurations are set to be launched thanks to a comprehensive range of products utilising a mixture of Inconel 625 and Titanium Asnex.

The stock exhaust system is not only extremely heavy and restrictive but also leaves the new 992 Turbo S sounding pretty uninteresting!

The first step for many will be one of two things. Either replace the factory CAT sections with a set of either our JCR Inconel Race Cats or JCR Inconel Cat Deletes and pair with the stock centre as below

Both the JCR Inconel Race Cats and JCR Inconel Cat Deletes are direct replacement for the factory cats and save a significant amount of weight whilst massively improving flow and as a by product improving dramatically the sound at the same time

Bracket to ensure perfect fitment and support is provided using the factory mounting locations

Another option is to retain the factory Porsche CATS and replace the factory centre silencer with the JCR Titanium Valved Centre which not only saves a significant amount of weight but also incorporates a central merge design whilst retaining OEM valve functionality and creating a distinctive sound with ZERO drone

Valve function remains and works as per OEM - Zero modifications requires and no clumsy aftermarket valve controllers

The third option would be to combine both modular direct replacement JCR products together to create the ultimate

The above setup results in the following sound, quite a huge improvement over stock!!

We have big things planned for the car over the coming week with a huge amount of images and media to be shared

We're also hitting the dyno and will of course share results ASAP and in conjunction with the 992 Turbo and 992 Turbo S systems we're also developing our 992 Carrera range which will be available very soon

Any questions at all please feel free to ask!!

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
The following users liked this post:
NigelPlays (09-25-2021)
Old 08-15-2020, 04:29 PM
997usa
Burning Brakes

Received 532 Likes on 271 Posts

Thanks! For this system (on the TTS) do we need to spec the Porsche Sport Exhaust? Or will it fit with the quad pipe exhaust?
Old 08-15-2020, 08:03 PM
ryanlsmith
Racer

Received 261 Likes on 131 Posts

Looks nice. FYI there is a Turbo specific sub-forum...you'll probably get more interest there. But it does look nice
JesseRohr (08-19-2020)
Old 08-16-2020, 03:50 PM
Tay101
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 115 Posts

This is awesome looking (and sounding). You gotta post this in the 992 Turbo section, so they can see it,

Out of curiosity, what is the purpose of the smaller diameter pipes next to the main pipes going to the tips?
Old 08-16-2020, 08:03 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,012 Likes on 473 Posts

well that's awesome!
Old 08-17-2020, 04:58 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Sorry about that guys, I’ve added the thread into the 992 T / S section now

For the 992 owners, our development of the 992 Carrera system is in conjunction with the Turbo & Turbo S system so the same selection of parts will also be available for all 992 Carrera models too

JC
Old 08-17-2020, 05:02 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 997usa
Thanks! For this system (on the TTS) do we need to spec the Porsche Sport Exhaust? Or will it fit with the quad pipe exhaust?
We’re building versions of the systems such that owners with and without sports exhaust will be able to enjoy.

Its a bit of a process to get all of these versions complete but that’s fully our intention

Originally Posted by Tay101
Out of curiosity, what is the purpose of the smaller diameter pipes next to the main pipes going to the tips?
The smaller diameter pipe is the bypass route for when the valves are closed, although there’s no silencers in there the smaller diameter route (size & length) has been tuned to kill volume and attenuate any drone which results in a good delta in sound between valves open and closed, as you hear in the video

The best of both worlds

JC
Tay101 (08-18-2020)
Old 08-17-2020, 02:08 PM
Andrew Cohen
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does your system (or parts of) invalidate the Porsche manufacturer's warranty?
Old 08-18-2020, 09:49 PM
Tay101
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Andrew Cohen
This is a question for your Porsche dealership.

That being said, if you have to ask, do not modify your car.
Old 01-09-2021, 10:38 PM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Received 1,283 Likes on 648 Posts

Thanks for the updates JCR.

Just to clarify...any loss of valve functionality with Race Cats (200 CEL) and stock PSE?

Really looking forward to to some high quality audio/video content.
Old 01-10-2021, 08:42 AM
BND
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

You won't get an answer. I once asked a similar thing on their social media and got immediately blocked. I was then told I could "apply" to be added back - which I didn't.
Old 01-11-2021, 02:09 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

We are yet to see one single example of this happening. We have 1000's of exhausts out there on cars that have been in and out of dealers, warranty work included and a customer has never encountered an issue. Theres a lot of talk of this being an issue however when it comes down to the crunch, it seems especially unlikely

Originally Posted by Pad Bender
Thanks for the updates JCR.

Just to clarify...any loss of valve functionality with Race Cats (200 CEL) and stock PSE?

Really looking forward to to some high quality audio/video content.
Stock valve control is retained regardless of the cat pipes installed. Our valved centre also retains 100% stock PSE functionality

Originally Posted by BND
You won't get an answer. I once asked a similar thing on their social media and got immediately blocked. I was then told I could "apply" to be added back - which I didn't.
Seems highly unusual, do you know what was said? Please feel free to send me an email ( jonny@jcr-developments.com) and ill look into this as seems very strange

JC
Pad Bender (01-11-2021)
Old 01-26-2021, 08:29 PM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Just put in my order for Iconel 625 Race Cats (200 Cell)!

Cannot wait to hear and feel the gains...Thanks for being so responsive Jonny!

Stay tuned for content folks...
The following 3 users liked this post by Pad Bender:
997usa (01-26-2021), gtmezger (05-06-2021), topherserrano (08-16-2021)
Old 09-25-2021, 08:59 AM
gman3280
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Videos?
Old 06-17-2022, 10:44 PM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

So happy to bring this thread back....

After an extended wait for the new valves to be designed, i finally installed this titanium bad girl and damn happy.

I have JCR 200 Cell Iconel Cats and JCR Titanium Valved Centre installed on a TT with M-Eng Stage1-2. It is a fine katana.

Fitment is bar none and valve actuation is flawless. Installation took 1.5 hours.

As far as tone goes...ranges from pleasant to intoxicating. I didnt experience anything that I would regard as drone.

Normal mode/valves closed - nearly as quiet as stock. Neighborhood and conference call friendly.
Normal mode/valves open - behaved but when you get on it, its the full platter. Tone is totally controlled with throttle input and turbo spooling declares itself but never dominant.
Sport - this is where intoxicating comes in...pops and bags are so distinct and resonant. Downshift sound so viscous.
Sport plus - some natural pops and every shift becomes an event punctuated with distinct sounds. As the rpms climb it takes on GT3 qualities...

What amazes me is how clean and dynamic the tonal quality is...you hear everything this beautiful engine has to offer and really notice the shifts. My stereo will no longer be used.

Cold start is louder but sounds good. I always have the option to M-Eng tune it out. The overall volume is perfect with the 200 cel cats...never obnoxious as under boost the turbos keep everything in check. I see no reason for mufflers or silencers on a TT/S exhaust.

Other aspect is the driving experience...you feel closer and more connected to the engine. As the sound-space continuum bends, the car feels smaller and faster. The PSE is an absolute disservice IMHO.

VIDEOS coming SOON!

Last edited by Pad Bender; 06-17-2022 at 11:04 PM.
JCR-Porsche (06-25-2022)

Quick Reply: JCR // 992 Turbo S Exhaust System