Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2020, 01:03 PM
JRitt@essex
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 639 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by inastrangeland
I certainly plan to upgrade to your competition setup in the future. As for Mercedes, Girodisc is making a killing selling replacement discs for E63s. Just saying.
Cool, and thank you for the heads up. The two-piece discs can be tough if we don't have the proper casting for a particular size. We'll look into the E63. Thank you again for the tip!
Essex Designed AP Racing Radi-CAL Competition Brake Kits & 2-piece J Hook Discs
Ferodo Racing Brake Pads
Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines
704-824-6030
jeff.ritter@essexparts.com

Old 10-02-2020, 10:08 AM
JRitt@essex
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 639 Likes on 359 Posts

A PSA for the day...

We just lowered the price of our 2-piece AP Racing J Hook discs that work with the OEM calipers! We've been implementing our 350mm AP Racing 2-piece J Hook Discs on more and more Porsche chassis and our user base continues to grow. As such, we're now starting to realize some economies of scale that we can pass along as savings to our customers. We're pleased to announce that we are reducing the price of our front and rear 350mm J Hook Porsche discs for the foreseeable future. The affected disc pairs below that used to carry a retail price of $1,498 will now be $1,298 per pair. While our J Hook discs have always been considered the benchmark in miles per dollar, they now represent an even greater value!

Front 2-piece AP Racing J Hook for 992 Carrera S, 4S, GTS= https://www.essexparts.com/essex-des...ir-35034-front
Rear 2-piece AP Racing J Hook for 992 Carrera S, 4S, GTS= https://www.essexparts.com/essex-des...ar997tt-997gt3

We also have Ferodo pads, AP Racing fluid, Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines, and of course the complete AP Racing Road (which John McLane is using) and Competition Brake Kits.

You can see our full menu of brake solutions here:
https://www.essexparts.com/my-vehicl...0S/Iron%20disc
Old 10-02-2020, 01:36 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,455 Likes on 799 Posts

i'd love to have the specifics on the gt4 rotor swap @pietrostone .

also, to the vendor spamming this thread, please start your own. thanks.
Old 10-04-2020, 12:10 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 808 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by JRitt@essex
A PSA for the day...

We just lowered the price of our 2-piece AP Racing J Hook discs that work with the OEM calipers! We've been implementing our 350mm AP Racing 2-piece J Hook Discs on more and more Porsche chassis and our user base continues to grow. As such, we're now starting to realize some economies of scale that we can pass along as savings to our customers. We're pleased to announce that we are reducing the price of our front and rear 350mm J Hook Porsche discs for the foreseeable future. The affected disc pairs below that used to carry a retail price of $1,498 will now be $1,298 per pair. While our J Hook discs have always been considered the benchmark in miles per dollar, they now represent an even greater value!

Front 2-piece AP Racing J Hook for 992 Carrera S, 4S, GTS= https://www.essexparts.com/essex-des...ir-35034-front
Rear 2-piece AP Racing J Hook for 992 Carrera S, 4S, GTS= https://www.essexparts.com/essex-des...ar997tt-997gt3

We also have Ferodo pads, AP Racing fluid, Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines, and of course the complete AP Racing Road (which John McLane is using) and Competition Brake Kits.

You can see our full menu of brake solutions here:
https://www.essexparts.com/my-vehicl...0S/Iron%20disc
Great info. Much appreciated. Not often does a vendor take the time to so thoroughly explain things for us end users. Will not be tracking my car initially but will consider if I do going to have some serious talks with these guys here.

The following 2 users liked this post by mdrobc1213:
JRitt@essex (10-05-2020), KLOC (04-14-2022)
Old 10-04-2020, 02:13 AM
pietrostone
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by dhirm5
i'd love to have the specifics on the gt4 rotor swap @pietrostone .

also, to the vendor spamming this thread, please start your own. thanks.
I can confirm that the solution with GT4 rotors and Pagid RSL1 works perfectly, i went to Misano Adriatico Race Track last 5SEP and even if the weather was really very hot the brake performance were great .

The GT4 rotor is not plug and play, you need a spacer for the caliper and another due also the ET is different , I show some photos .
i will have to change rotors next week I will do some better photos.

The following users liked this post:
dhirm5 (10-05-2020)
Old 10-04-2020, 09:49 AM
poison123
Banned

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by JesseRohr
Update:

The service manager had me and their tech go attempt to replicate the on-track issue and were able to do so after about 30 mins of hard driving on a very windy nearby country road outside of town. He took some measurements of fluid temp, caliper temp, rotor temp, etc. Because my local dealership also services all of the company Porsche cars for Barber he had some interesting info. The first round of Porsche Experience cars for our location all came originally with steel brakes and were constantly in for brake related issues. They are now all equipped with PCCB and the first round of cars were shipped off somewhere or sold as demo cars. His opinion is that the front rubber portion of the brake lines is an inferior design to the 991 and upon excessive heat and abuse the rubber gets too soft and expands, creating a problematic issue with pedal feel and caliper compression (hence the dead pedal feel). This is his opinion and was going to research if the parts have been updated during production and if so, get my car some new brake lines. He stated I replicated a problem with another 992 C2S from a few months ago, all the brake lines were replaced and two new front calipers. Getting Porsche to allow it was the biggest hurdle at the time to get the car on the road again.
I'm not sure on that info there. Their 992S cars all came from the factory with PCCBs, to my knowledge they did not at any point come with Irons from the factory for the PTX.

Last edited by poison123; 10-04-2020 at 09:55 AM.

Quick Reply: 992 C2S - Terrifying on track brake fade