Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track Your Dream Observation(s)

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2020 | 09:12 PM
Musclecarmarcus
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gohawks23
I don't think the order date means anything...I think getting the TYD link email from Porsche is dependent on when your particular allocation goes to production.
ok that makes sense. How long does that typically take? I’m very new to this
Old 09-28-2020 | 09:13 PM
kpblade
Racer

I placed my order back in mid July. Production start estimated to be 11/07/2020 ( I wanted delivery for Jan/Feb 2021). I got my email from PorscheNA for TYD on 7/21, about 1 week after I got the commission confirmation from my SA.
Old 09-28-2020 | 09:24 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Musclecarmarcus
ok that makes sense. How long does that typically take? I’m very new to this
Ask your sales guy for commission number on your order (a lot of dealers will take an order that has no real allocation/commission number in hope they can get one from Porsche at a later date) and what your lock date/ estimated production date/estimated delivery dates are.

I have and you should be able to get from your sales a 'Build Sheet - Retail' on Porsche system letterhead which shows your custom build along with Comm. No. and vehicle status (mine is V200 - Delivery date determined).

At the least you should know your lock date because that is when you can no longer change your custom build.

Last edited by gohawks23; 09-28-2020 at 09:33 PM.
Old 09-28-2020 | 09:26 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kpblade
I placed my order back in mid July. Production start estimated to be 11/07/2020 ( I wanted delivery for Jan/Feb 2021). I got my email from PorscheNA for TYD on 7/21, about 1 week after I got the commission confirmation from my SA.
Hmmm, that is interesting...seems very early...and not what I was told (or lied to)...ha!

I wonder if Porsche has put the brakes on TYD lately due to all what has happened with virus, etc.?

Last edited by gohawks23; 09-28-2020 at 09:30 PM.
Old 09-28-2020 | 10:22 PM
Musclecarmarcus
Intermediate

Ask your sales guy for commission number on your order (a lot of dealers will take an order that has no real allocation/commission number in hope they can get one from Porsche at a later date) and what your lock date/ estimated production date/estimated delivery dates are.

I have and you should be able to get from your sales a 'Build Sheet - Retail' on Porsche system letterhead which shows your custom build along with Comm. No. and vehicle status (mine is V200 - Delivery date determined).

At the least you should know your lock date because that is when you can no longer change your custom build.
ok great. I have the build sheet. Have a comm number and have V200 status. 😎 it’s been a week but I’m going to walk a hole in my carpet pacing back and forth waiting for this car to get here!!
The following 2 users liked this post by Musclecarmarcus:
atl1glf (09-29-2020), brucewinter (09-28-2020)
Old 09-28-2020 | 10:36 PM
gohawks23
Burning Brakes

ok great. I have the build sheet. Have a comm number and have V200 status. 😎 it’s been a week but I’m going to walk a hole in my carpet pacing back and forth waiting for this car to get here!!
Well, you are probably looking at late Dec/early January before getting it...your salesguy should know estimated delivery date.
Old 09-28-2020 | 11:21 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

If you are at what Porsche calls Event Key "V200", your dealer should be able to provide you with a document like this: There are actually three date columns: "Planned Date", "Expected Date" and (what is missing from the image of the one I've attached) the "Actual Date".

The "Expected Date" and the "Actual Date" can vary as the calendar progresses. Mine have, although not by more than a week or two at the most.

Once you get an "Actual Date" for Event Code "V300" they can provide you with the VIN (Serial Number) for the car. That can be of some value in as much as it is solid proof that there is an actual car and that it has been built.
Attached Images  
The following 2 users liked this post by Bluehighways:
Musclecarmarcus (09-29-2020), TJJ (09-29-2020)
Old 09-29-2020 | 02:26 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jzra
Does anyone know if "track your dream" is only for some countries (like US and EU)? I have an order in progress, but in my country resellers have no idea of that.
US only I think.. not avail in Europe or other places.
Originally Posted by tfcoll
My sales person didn't know much about it until I Googled it. It's relatively new I believe. I'm Florida based.
Some do and some do not...really good SA's seem to have a clue. Mine did.
Originally Posted by norberts
I'm in the same boat with TYD. Now a third different Customer Service person trying to figure it out. I made peace with the fact that it's prolly not gonna happen.
Took me two to get it. First one looked and said she couldn't see that I had a MyPorsche account even (I did) and second one was more diligent...found out my current status and put a request in to fix/send me the invite link (don't think you can do much without it) and finally got the invite right after my car finished production!

What this guy said....commission number is all they need and it should link to you and your order as inputed by your SA. Gave them mine and they found it and eventually an invite and TYD set up but it took a few tries/calls to them.
Old 09-29-2020 | 03:06 PM
Musclecarmarcus
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
If you are at what Porsche calls Event Key "V200", your dealer should be able to provide you with a document like this: There are actually three date columns: "Planned Date", "Expected Date" and (what is missing from the image of the one I've attached) the "Actual Date".

The "Expected Date" and the "Actual Date" can vary as the calendar progresses. Mine have, although not by more than a week or two at the most.

Once you get an "Actual Date" for Event Code "V300" they can provide you with the VIN (Serial Number) for the car. That can be of some value in as much as it is solid proof that there is an actual car and that it has been built.
Oh yeah I know that part. They told me dec/early Jan but I’m looking for the link to the TYD app! I want to watch progress. How long does it take to get the link to the app?
Old 09-29-2020 | 11:46 PM
swingblade
Intermediate

TYD updated three milestones today with completion of phase and dates for "Start Production (9/24/2020)", "Production Completed - CP8.0 (9/29/2020)", and "Ready For Transport (9/29/2020)". All 3 milestones were estimated to complete 10/2/2020 before today. No pictures yet but fun to see the progress.
The following users liked this post:
dribar (09-30-2020)
Old 09-30-2020 | 01:19 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Oh yeah I know that part. They told me dec/early Jan but I’m looking for the link to the TYD app! I want to watch progress. How long does it take to get the link to the app?
Call Porsche Customer Assistance in Atlanta. They told me, when I called them, that they’d see what they could do and that it might take a week or so. I got an email with my invitation within a matter of hours. The folks there on this desk deserve a big thank you IMHO.
Old 09-30-2020 | 12:06 PM
Musclecarmarcus
Intermediate

Call Porsche Customer Assistance in Atlanta. They told me, when I called them, that they’d see what they could do and that it might take a week or so. I got an email with my invitation within a matter of hours. The folks there on this desk deserve a big thank you IMHO.
mom I’ll do that. When did you order your car? When is yours supposed to be delivered??
Old 10-02-2020 | 12:29 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

mom I’ll do that. When did you order your car? When is yours supposed to be delivered??
I ordered mine on August 31st and it locked almost immediately as my dealer revised an exiting order to fit my Build Code. In retrospect, I seem to have lucked out on my timing. Anyhow, It was built on September 18th, or at least that's when it got a VIN. It is presently loading on the Glovis Crown (a RORO Auto Transport Ship) in the German port of Bremerhaven. Expected arrival in the port of San Diego is (according to Porsche) presently October 23rd. I would imagine it'll be at the dealer here in the L.A. area a few days to a few weeks following this, assuming the arrival date in San Diego holds. FWIW the original delivery date was November 27th. So when they say the dates can and do change . . . they can and they definitely do.

Two significant milestones that are hard to fudge are: 1.) When your Confirmation Number gets linked to a 17 digit alpha numeric Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Your dealer can easily tell you when this happens and what the VIN actually is. That is solid evidence that a physical car actually exists. 2.) The second is when the TYD site provides you with the name of the ship that your car will be loaded on and you can actually locate that ship, at the loading dock that Porsche uses, in the German port of Bremerhaven. The coordinates for the Loading Dock are: 53.56542, 8.56158. My ship (Glovis Crown) actually sat at the pier across from this dock for four days before moving to the actual vehicle loading dock. So just because Porsche says your car is on the boat doesn't mean it's actually so. There are any number of Marine Vessel tracking Web Sites that will give you a ship's exact position once you know the name of the ship.

Now, although my car was built on the 18th; TYD just today posted just one of the two pictures that they're supposed to post at the time the car is built. (see attached) This TYD is not exactly a well oiled machine. LOL
Attached Images  
swingblade (10-02-2020)
Old 10-02-2020 | 02:46 AM
Rare9
Instructor

I ordered mine on August 31st and it locked almost immediately as my dealer revised an exiting order to fit my Build Code. In retrospect, I seem to have lucked out on my timing. Anyhow, It was built on September 18th, or at least that's when it got a VIN. It is presently loading on the Glovis Crown (a RORO Auto Transport Ship) in the German port of Bremerhaven. Expected arrival in the port of San Diego is (according to Porsche) presently October 23rd. I would imagine it'll be at the dealer here in the L.A. area a few days to a few weeks following this, assuming the arrival date in San Diego holds. FWIW the original delivery date was November 27th. So when they say the dates can and do change . . . they can and they definitely do.

Two significant milestones that are hard to fudge are: 1.) When your Confirmation Number gets linked to a 17 digit alpha numeric Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Your dealer can easily tell you when this happens and what the VIN actually is. That is solid evidence that a physical car actually exists. 2.) The second is when the TYD site provides you with the name of the ship that your car will be loaded on and you can actually locate that ship, at the loading dock that Porsche uses, in the German port of Bremerhaven. The coordinates for the Loading Dock are: 53.56542, 8.56158. My ship (Glovis Crown) actually sat at the pier across from this dock for four days before moving to the actual vehicle loading dock. So just because Porsche says your car is on the boat doesn't mean it's actually so. There are any number of Marine Vessel tracking Web Sites that will give you a ship's exact position once you know the name of the ship.

Now, although my car was built on the 18th; TYD just today posted just one of the two pictures that they're supposed to post at the time the car is built. (see attached) This TYD is not exactly a well oiled machine. LOL

I have the exact same dates. where in TYD you see the pictures?
Old 10-02-2020 | 05:36 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by norberts
I have the exact same dates. where in TYD you see the pictures?
From the “My Porsche” website, in the “Home” page of that website, select/click on the “Discover current phase” button. If they’ve added any pictures they will be at the very top of the page that opens after you click the “Discover current phase” button.
Rare9 (10-02-2020)

Quick Reply: Track Your Dream Observation(s)