992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track Your Dream Observation(s)

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2020 | 08:16 AM
comis_hq
Instructor

I ordered 2 weeks ago, still I don't see my ordered 911 in "My Porsche". What's the phone number to call and the menu option? I called 1-800-767-7243, and said "porsche track your dream", "track your dream", "dream", "track" and then it sent me back to the main menu... so I said "my porsche" and the voice machine connected me to "porsche connect", but "porsche connect" said they are not in charge of "track your dream"....

Last edited by comis_hq; 09-07-2020 at 08:52 AM.
Old 09-07-2020 | 10:05 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by comis_hq
I ordered 2 weeks ago, still I don't see my ordered 911 in "My Porsche". What's the phone number to call and the menu option? I called 1-800-767-7243, and said "porsche track your dream", "track your dream", "dream", "track" and then it sent me back to the main menu... so I said "my porsche" and the voice machine connected me to "porsche connect", but "porsche connect" said they are not in charge of "track your dream"....
I believe 800-767-7243 should work.

Bear in mind that these folks are in Atlanta Georgia so the times are all EST:

Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sunday Closed
Old 09-07-2020 | 03:07 PM
inastrangeland
Burning Brakes

Ask for a customer representative.
Old 09-08-2020 | 12:21 PM
LASDSGT770
Rennlist Member

Anybody have their TYD link disappear on My Porsche...checked this morning...GONE.
Old 09-08-2020 | 12:49 PM
Anthony992
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LASDSGT770
Anybody have their TYD link disappear on My Porsche...checked this morning...GONE.
Had that happen to me last week and it came back a few hours later. It was there this morning when I checked where my car was (somewhere in the Atlantic).
Old 09-08-2020 | 02:13 PM
Rare9
Instructor

Called PCNA today because I still can't see my car online (9/25 start production) and they told me that I'll see it once I have a VIN number.
Old 09-08-2020 | 02:36 PM
LASDSGT770
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Anthony992
Had that happen to me last week and it came back a few hours later. It was there this morning when I checked where my car was (somewhere in the Atlantic).
Originally Posted by norberts
Called PCNA today because I still can't see my car online (9/25 start production) and they told me that I'll see it once I have a VIN number.
Checked again, noticing it was coming up on Porsche UK instead of Porsche USA...made some adjustments...good to go again...

PCNA customer service has not been very helpful for us...we had the TDY link as soon as our order was accepted by Porsche which was about a week...did not receive a VIN till our build entered production which was months later as ours was ordered at the beginning of Covid 19...did your dealer give you your Commission No.?
Old 09-08-2020 | 04:45 PM
Rare9
Instructor

Checked again, noticing it was coming up on Porsche UK instead of Porsche USA...made some adjustments...good to go again...

PCNA customer service has not been very helpful for us...we had the TDY link as soon as our order was accepted by Porsche which was about a week...did not receive a VIN till our build entered production which was months later as ours was ordered at the beginning of Covid 19...did your dealer give you your Commission No.?
Yes I have the commission number, two different people in PCNA were not super helpful, just told me I'm gonna have it when VIN is available (they did see my order and name associated in their system)
Old 09-12-2020 | 06:16 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Yep that has been what I saw. Noticed the UK Porsche also....went to safari browser and entered username and password on Porsche USA site a was able to log in but still no TYD. Car was ordered in July and DO HAVE my commission number and actually emailed Porsche connect rep who tried to help but said she couldn't see my profile and then went email silent despite two attempts to email a reply and screenshot of the MyPorsche that I can get into obviously. Only high point/progress is that I have seen my profile update a week ago with my ordered configuration per my dealer build sheet and it does also correctly reference my dealer. Maybe I'll try calling PCNA in Atl myself this weekend to ask what;'s up w/TYD. I never got my initial invite email either. . Car was supposed to go V260 today 9/11 as of my last update on 20 July 2020 so not sure what the status is now.
Originally Posted by norberts
Yes I have the commission number, two different people in PCNA were not super helpful, just told me I'm gonna have it when VIN is available (they did see my order and name associated in their system)
Me too...see above. I know its somewhere in the system but just not where nor can I see any TYD link/stuff which sucks.
Old 09-14-2020 | 11:56 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

TYD is still showing an estimated date of 9/11 for step 13. Of course, it’s 9/14 today, so that date was missed. I find it surprising that they cannot at least update their dates to adjust to the reality of the calendar.
Old 09-15-2020 | 12:21 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Heck even TYD and My Porsche don’t agree. I’d venture a guess that these are two separate projects that exist on different computer systems that themselves are not networked with any other of the systems that manage the process from order to build to ship to delivery. I’d guess they are projects that someone in the Sales & Marketing Department came up with. But I’ll bet someone, somewhere within Porsche has to manually manage the transfer and uploading of the data these two consumer facing websites are driven by. As a consumer the promise is extremely attractive. But I’ll bet that the responsibility for making it work falls on a department and/or an individual or several individuals that already had a full time job before this latest flavor of the month/year fell into their lap, While it’s the sort of thing that has the potential to bring value to the brand, it needs a dedicated source of funding and a seat at an upper management level. If not, it will fade into obscurity and expire.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bluehighways:
aggie57 (09-17-2020), markchristenson (09-15-2020)
Old 09-15-2020 | 12:47 AM
fishskis
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
Heck even TYD and My Porsche don’t agree. I’d venture a guess that these are two separate projects that exist on different computer systems that themselves are not networked with any other of the systems that manage the process from order to build to ship to delivery. I’d guess they are projects that someone in the Sales & Marketing Department came up with. But I’ll bet someone, somewhere within Porsche has to manually manage the transfer and uploading of the data these two consumer facing websites are driven by. As a consumer the promise is extremely attractive. But I’ll bet that the responsibility for making it work falls on a department and/or an individual or several individuals that already had a full time job before this latest flavor of the month/year fell into their lap, While it’s the sort of thing that has the potential to bring value to the brand, it needs a dedicated source of funding and a seat at an upper management level. If not, it will fade into obscurity and expire.
Really well said. As someone who enjoys torturing myself waiting for my cars to come from Germany, I love the concept of TYD. But as others have said, it is clearly not living up to what it could be, and it's conflicts with "My Porsche" page and calling Porsche customer service really detract from the promise of what this could be. I am in no way an IT guy, but I imagine that if they spent some money upfront creating automated checkpoints along the manufacturing and shipping process, which included synchronization among the different platforms and sub-platforms, they could create something relatively simple, and great in terms of customer fidelity. They would also relieve a huge amount of time and energy spent by the salesmen and Porsche USA customer service people answering questions from impatient people like me. And not to get too deep into branding philosophy here, but I am fan of consistent branding; such a strongly perceived well-engineered brand should have an equally well-engineered "TYD" experience.
The following users liked this post:
Vintage72 (09-15-2020)
Old 09-15-2020 | 05:51 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by markchristenson
TYD is still showing an estimated date of 9/11 for step 13. Of course, it’s 9/14 today, so that date was missed. I find it surprising that they cannot at least update their dates to adjust to the reality of the calendar.
Yeah I have not link and no dates...call Porsche today and the car which was supposed to enter production on 9/11 is now done...5 days early??? Nothing from TYD yet? Not even an invite!
Originally Posted by Bluehighways
Yeah great potential but the realization and execution can leave something to be desired by quite a few according to this forum.
Originally Posted by fishskis
Really well said. As someone who enjoys torturing myself waiting for my cars to come from Germany, I love the concept of TYD. But as others have said, it is clearly not living up to what it could be, and it's conflicts with "My Porsche" page and calling Porsche customer service really detract from the promise of what this could be. I am in no way an IT guy, but I imagine that if they spent some money upfront creating automated checkpoints along the manufacturing and shipping process, which included synchronization among the different platforms and sub-platforms, they could create something relatively simple, and great in terms of customer fidelity. They would also relieve a huge amount of time and energy spent by the salesmen and Porsche USA customer service people answering questions from impatient people like me. And not to get too deep into branding philosophy here, but I am fan of consistent branding; such a strongly perceived well-engineered brand should have an equally well-engineered "TYD" experience.
What this guy said...
Old 09-15-2020 | 07:24 AM
photonscience
Instructor

Question: At what point did you get a picture of your car after it was produced and where did the picture appear? My car is at the Emden port, but no picture of it has appeared on TYD.
Old 09-15-2020 | 09:55 AM
jdwoodbury
Intermediate

UK Specific

If you are based in the UK I have been told only certain OPC are member of a pilot program for the TYB, I have asked if they can add me to the pilot and I am awaiting feedback.

JD

Quick Reply: Track Your Dream Observation(s)