Sponsored by:

Fidelity extended warranty pricing

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2021, 08:12 PM
malba2366
Three Wheelin'

Received 768 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by SteingoldVolvoCars
Without a doubt. You will not have the option to purchase an 8 year plan at that time - it will be removed from the system, and the pricing will spike drastically. In all scenarios, purchasing early is always the best case scenario for lowest pricing and maximum terms.

Is it still true that the best prices are up to 10K miles on odo then spike after that?

When I do the quote using your link I am given a Darwin Direct warranty, not Fidelity.
Old 04-17-2021, 07:03 AM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 121 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by malba2366
Is it still true that the best prices are up to 10K miles on odo then spike after that?

When I do the quote using your link I am given a Darwin Direct warranty, not Fidelity.
Generally, yes - the system spikes pricing after 10k, and the longer term options disappear. Pricing increasing yearly, and generally on Jan 1st, but adjustments could also occur at any moment per Fidelity, as they could adjust at any moment. We’ve seen pricing adjustments half way through the year, and without warning, and they always seem to increase with new vehicle technology/etc.

Also, the Darwin portal is simply a system that quotes the Fidelity Warranty plans - it is not a Darwin warranty - just the partner we work with to quote the best pricing. Hope this helps!

Homepage: https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/

Get 100% Free Online Quote: https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com/ (Code: RENNLIST for $200.00 Member Discount)
Old 04-17-2021, 08:24 AM
txpackers
Racer

Received 314 Likes on 140 Posts

Authorized by Fidelity Warranty Services. Make a
simple call go the claims department, and they will provide authorization for repairs to be made, and provide instructions for reimbursement or direct payment to the repair facility.
I do wonder how often this simple call turns into a painful call because covering the repair is denied.
Old 04-17-2021, 09:03 AM
Jimpa225
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by txpackers
I do wonder how often this simple call turns into a painful call because covering the repair is denied.
Actually one of the service advisors at my dealer confirmed that Fidelity, Axiom and Safe-Guard are each pretty reasonable to work with, although once in a while a major repair might be delayed for several days when they want to send someone out to confirm the repair is needed. He did also add that beyond those three it's "buyer beware" as there are a number of shady companies in the extended warranty business.
Old 04-17-2021, 09:51 AM
TK42ONE
Rennlist Member

Received 386 Likes on 178 Posts

When I do a quote it only gives the gold option and tire and wheel. Is that normal?
Old 04-17-2021, 12:00 PM
malba2366
Three Wheelin'

Received 768 Likes on 432 Posts

Generally, yes - the system spikes pricing after 10k, and the longer term options disappear. Pricing increasing yearly, and generally on Jan 1st, but adjustments could also occur at any moment per Fidelity, as they could adjust at any moment. We’ve seen pricing adjustments half way through the year, and without warning, and they always seem to increase with new vehicle technology/etc.

Also, the Darwin portal is simply a system that quotes the Fidelity Warranty plans - it is not a Darwin warranty - just the partner we work with to quote the best pricing. Hope this helps!

Oh ok. So you are aware, this system only quotes the gold warranty. Most would probably want the platinum one.

Old 04-19-2021, 06:44 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 853 Likes on 468 Posts

Hmm..nice post and appreciate the vendor chiming in also with comments and questions but in my experience each time I've bought one of these at purchase [or soon after] I've ended up sending in a request to cancel and refund of my premium at some point around 3-4yrs when I sold or traded the car in. Note that also coincided with the time which the vehicles were covered by the factory based warranty also. Only vehicle I DID get one on which I definately would say it was an easy choice was my 2014 Range Rover Sport Supercharged which I purchased in used in 2017 from an Audi dealership. Those cars are notorious for being in the shop and at the end of ownership right before I traded it in the a/c system was intermittently going in and out (heat when wanted cold..cold when wanted heat) and was happy to let it go. Kept the Fidelity warranty the whole time I owned it on that one and got about $2k back when I sold it. However on and Audi Q5 and a 991.1 CPO'd didn't really need the Fidelity option.

Dave Ramsey on his show always calls these a waste of $$ and many have advocated putting the cash paid on the premium into some sort of account which would do better than giving it to the insurance companies. So I stay stuck on whether or not this is essential for what is a brand new car in my 992. Yes plan on keeping it long time but I think at that time I'll go ahead and explore buying one then versus paying a good amount for a car already covered for the 1st 4 yrs/100k miles on my 992. Also there is the option at some dealers to pay the dealer costs to CPO your car as well at some point during ownership especially if you've purchased it from them and serviced it there too. Maybe would try that one first. Who knows....right now time is one thing I do have on this one.
The following users liked this post:
siberian (04-19-2021)
Old 04-19-2021, 11:42 AM
craig66
Pro

Received 500 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Hmm..nice post and appreciate the vendor chiming in also with comments and questions but in my experience each time I've bought one of these at purchase [or soon after] I've ended up sending in a request to cancel and refund of my premium at some point around 3-4yrs when I sold or traded the car in. Note that also coincided with the time which the vehicles were covered by the factory based warranty also. Only vehicle I DID get one on which I definately would say it was an easy choice was my 2014 Range Rover Sport Supercharged which I purchased in used in 2017 from an Audi dealership. Those cars are notorious for being in the shop and at the end of ownership right before I traded it in the a/c system was intermittently going in and out (heat when wanted cold..cold when wanted heat) and was happy to let it go. Kept the Fidelity warranty the whole time I owned it on that one and got about $2k back when I sold it. However on and Audi Q5 and a 991.1 CPO'd didn't really need the Fidelity option.

Dave Ramsey on his show always calls these a waste of $$ and many have advocated putting the cash paid on the premium into some sort of account which would do better than giving it to the insurance companies. So I stay stuck on whether or not this is essential for what is a brand new car in my 992. Yes plan on keeping it long time but I think at that time I'll go ahead and explore buying one then versus paying a good amount for a car already covered for the 1st 4 yrs/100k miles on my 992. Also there is the option at some dealers to pay the dealer costs to CPO your car as well at some point during ownership especially if you've purchased it from them and serviced it there too. Maybe would try that one first. Who knows....right now time is one thing I do have on this one.
I am very much in agreement with what you said. I am in love with my car but I have never ever ever kept a car more than 4 years and I envy those that have a car for 20 years. Realistically I am going to trade my 992 at some point prior to warranty expiration. In the event that I truly do keep it I will at that point consider going solo with the money set aside or alternatively paying what will understandably be more money for one at the time but at least I will know for sure that I need it.

I drive around 12K miles a year and so at about 3.5 years or 45K miles I will need to start investigating
Old 04-19-2021, 12:15 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,357 Likes on 1,398 Posts

An excellent approach to place some cash aside for repairs rather than give it to insurance companies. It's like my doggie fund for unexpected medical issues with my Siberians. For comparison, I wouldn't give my vet a check for 5 grand saying this should cover everything for them for the next few years.

As I mentioned, actuarians have calculated that at that price, for this particular car, based on its record and statistical probability "we're" going to come out on top. And I fully agree, the money is always on the house. And I do plan, like most of my cars, to keep it for a long while and way past its warranty.

siberian

Last edited by siberian; 04-19-2021 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-21-2021, 07:32 AM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 121 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by craig66
@SteingoldVolvoCars
Is there a different price for say an 8 year 80K if you buy it one month into ownership or 3.5 years into ownership (as in prior to warranty expiration)
Definately. 3.5 years into ownership, the 8 year option will no longer be available. As time/mileage accrue, options disappear, and pricing seems to increase fast. We’ve seen many people wait to purchase coverage, and they always seem to pay more for less coverage. Fidelity has a simple algorithm for its simple that pushes the pricing up higher as time progresses. My advice is always to purchase at the earliest stage of the vehicles life for the maximum term and lowest prices.
Old 04-21-2021, 08:19 AM
Master Deep
Rennlist Member

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

Any issue with mods and the fidelity warranty? I’m thinking of buying a 8yr/80k warranty this year (2021 currently at 2k miles) and was considering something simple like Soul Sport Cats or an exhaust upgrade a few years down the line. I’m not thinking of an ECU tune at this time.
Old 04-21-2021, 08:30 AM
dgmark
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 50 Posts

A good question to ask is if there a cap on payouts under under the life of the Fedelity plans?
Old 04-21-2021, 09:05 AM
craig66
Pro

Received 500 Likes on 221 Posts

Definately. 3.5 years into ownership, the 8 year option will no longer be available. As time/mileage accrue, options disappear, and pricing seems to increase fast. We’ve seen many people wait to purchase coverage, and they always seem to pay more for less coverage. Fidelity has a simple algorithm for its simple that pushes the pricing up higher as time progresses. My advice is always to purchase at the earliest stage of the vehicles life for the maximum term and lowest prices.
Understood but then I would be looking at a 4 year which would presumably be more expensive than an 8 year is now but at least then I would know it was my intention to keep the car.
Old 04-21-2021, 10:47 AM
4 Rings
Racer

Received 286 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Master Deep
Any issue with mods and the fidelity warranty? I’m thinking of buying a 8yr/80k warranty this year (2021 currently at 2k miles) and was considering something simple like Soul Sport Cats or an exhaust upgrade a few years down the line. I’m not thinking of an ECU tune at this time.
I've had Fidelity on a few car's, last one being a Heavily modified S5(ECU,suspension,intake, exhaust, downpipes). My car was never flagged with a TD1 by audi as I did the ECU after the factory warranty expired. (NOTE all the fidelity work done was done at the Audi Dealer)

I was open with the dealer on the ECU but I was also friendly with Service advisor, shop Forman, and service manager

I had the transmission replaced due to my less than stellar driving, and fidelity covered it. Dealer never said anything about the ECU tune to them and they didnt ask. Again my situation is different than another person with the same modifications, perhaps.

Now I did have a knocking sound coming from front suspension that was end result a bad bushing on the upper control arms - Fidelity came out and did not cover that item as the car was lowered, which I was prepared for as well the car was lowered so I knew this was most likely caused by my mod.

Had several other things done with Fidelity after they denied the suspension issue including: Driver seat replaced, tail light replaced, and Sat XM receiver replaced, all with no issues at all from Fidelity

So I would say that Fidelity would be on par with the factory warranty concerns, if it voided the factory warranty for the issue your fidelity warranty issue would be the same, which I feel is only fair on both parties.
The following users liked this post:
Master Deep (04-21-2021)
Old 04-21-2021, 05:52 PM
Master Deep
Rennlist Member

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 Rings
I've had Fidelity on a few car's, last one being a Heavily modified S5(ECU,suspension,intake, exhaust, downpipes). My car was never flagged with a TD1 by audi as I did the ECU after the factory warranty expired. (NOTE all the fidelity work done was done at the Audi Dealer)

I was open with the dealer on the ECU but I was also friendly with Service advisor, shop Forman, and service manager

I had the transmission replaced due to my less than stellar driving, and fidelity covered it. Dealer never said anything about the ECU tune to them and they didnt ask. Again my situation is different than another person with the same modifications, perhaps.

Now I did have a knocking sound coming from front suspension that was end result a bad bushing on the upper control arms - Fidelity came out and did not cover that item as the car was lowered, which I was prepared for as well the car was lowered so I knew this was most likely caused by my mod.

Had several other things done with Fidelity after they denied the suspension issue including: Driver seat replaced, tail light replaced, and Sat XM receiver replaced, all with no issues at all from Fidelity

So I would say that Fidelity would be on par with the factory warranty concerns, if it voided the factory warranty for the issue your fidelity warranty issue would be the same, which I feel is only fair on both parties.
Thanks, that's great to hear.

Quick Reply: Fidelity extended warranty pricing