Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Covid - do you trust the dealer service at this point?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2021 | 10:14 AM
michael818
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by crw
On this board, there have been several documented incidences of when dealer service has been less than stellar - PPF, oil chnages, etc.

The message from a lot of dealers is that they are taking the proper precautions to protect customers - i.e. properly "disinfecting" the cars they work on.

If basic service, on occasion, shows a lack of attention to detail - can we really believe most dealers will take the time to do this properly?

I am thinking that any car being serviced will need an at home:

- external car wash (easy)
- thorough interior disinfection

There is alot of plastic and metal in Porsche interiors.

I've had the car into Porsche twice since the pandemic started, the most recent time being a few weeks ago for the motor mount voluntary recall. I picked up the car and drove it home, took no special; precautions (there was a steering wheel cover on the wheel but not sure what else was done to sanitize the car). I've used the car regularly since then, no open windows no home sanitizing or precaution. I have since been tested for Covid and received a negative result and a negative antibody test. I'm not sure that this proves anything but, as said above, you have to do what you're comfortable doing. I would guess that the dealership takes some precautions but the service people are mechanics and technicians not infectious disease experts. I wouldn't put much trust in at the car having been given anything but a perfunctory wipe down.

Last edited by michael818; 01-03-2021 at 10:28 AM.

Quick Reply: Covid - do you trust the dealer service at this point?