Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2020, 12:33 PM
JesseRohr
Rennlist Member

Received 324 Likes on 108 Posts

Update:

Rattling doors - fixed via felt tape at dealer
Rattling rear seatbelt fasteners - just leaving rear belts buckled
Squeaking driver's seat - new bladder for lumbar on order. Seat will have to be rebuilt.

Old 02-27-2020, 12:46 PM
992Sam
Three Wheelin'

Received 826 Likes on 458 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Dickson
"A 992 is not about having a rattle free interior. I bet Elle Mcpherson makes a bit of noise too."

Wow. While I doubt you are trying to be purposefully offensive, maybe a different analogy would be more appropriate . . .
I see you're also from CA, possibly the Bay Area... but I have to ask, how is that offensive? we are on a sports car forum full of (likely all) men... and the women here are probably more into a joke like that than the men...

by chance are you a millennial?

The following 3 users liked this post by 992Sam:
2thHappy (06-12-2023), dhirm5 (02-27-2020), oneof5 (04-04-2021)
Old 02-27-2020, 12:52 PM
GratedWasabi
Racer

Received 312 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by 992Sam
I see you're also from CA, possibly the Bay Area... but I have to ask, how is that offensive? we are on a sports car forum full of (likely all) men... and the women here are probably more into a joke like that than the men...

by chance are you a millennial?
You're right, women just love to be sexualized by strange men (or when other women are sexualized by strange men). You should start a blog for women.

But since we're on a car forum, how about we stick to cars? Thanks, pal.
The following 2 users liked this post by GratedWasabi:
Denny Swift (02-27-2020), gcurnew (02-27-2020)
Old 02-27-2020, 12:54 PM
992Sam
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by GratedWasabi
You're right, women just love to be sexualized by strange men (or when other women are sexualized by strange men). You should start a blog for women.

But since we're on a car forum, how about we stick to cars? Thanks, pal.
To quote Rod Serling .. "you have entered the twilight zone.. "

sexualized... I'll have to google that.
Old 02-27-2020, 04:55 PM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Received 1,631 Likes on 784 Posts

The "I'm not a millennial" character in the video is the archetype of an out-of-touch, offensive male who doesn't know or care that 20th Century thinking and behavior isn't cool (or funny). He's pretty much right about the Cruze, though.

Old 02-27-2020, 05:00 PM
SamD
Racer

Received 300 Likes on 141 Posts

I see you're also from CA, possibly the Bay Area... but I have to ask, how is that offensive? we are on a sports car forum full of (likely all) men... and the women here are probably more into a joke like that than the men... by chance are you a millennial?

At the risk of having this go even further off-topic, yes from Cali, no, not a millennial or BA. We all know what the original comment was saying. I'm just asking you to consider would Elle McPherson's spouse, siblings, parents, etc. think about the comment. Would they be as amused?

Back to Porsche, mine gets built starting tomorrow. I really hope they've already resolved some of these things . . .
The following users liked this post:
gcurnew (02-27-2020)
Old 02-27-2020, 05:32 PM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sam Dickson
... mine gets built starting tomorrow. I really hope they've already resolved some of these things . . .
Mine was finished January 19...now sitting somewhere in Zuffenhausen waiting for our April ED delivery. While some of the "noises" people are hearing are normal sport car sounds, squeaky doors and lumbar bladders aren't normal, but are easily fixed. I wonder how many of these other "sound issues' are due to a combination of SPASM, cold temperatures, running summer tires below 40 degrees F, overinflation and bad roads? The seat belt rattling in particular has been present on every Porsche, BMW and Mercedes I've ever owned. I found in my two previous 911s that lowering the seat backs quieted down the rear of the car considerably (especially in winter).
Old 02-27-2020, 07:17 PM
992Sam
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by gcurnew
The "I'm not a millennial" character in the video is the archetype of an out-of-touch, offensive male who doesn't know or care that 20th Century thinking and behavior isn't cool (or funny). He's pretty much right about the Cruze, though.
his YouTube following tells another story... seems he's quite "in touch"
Old 02-27-2020, 07:32 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts

Oh jeez, so much getting offended. People have turned into panzy *****.

Its not a dig or demeaning unless your low self esteem and warped brain interprets it that way.
The following 4 users liked this post by Doug H:
992Sam (02-27-2020), dribar (04-11-2021), Noah Fect (04-04-2021), oneof5 (04-04-2021)
Old 02-27-2020, 07:37 PM
VintageRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 463 Likes on 235 Posts

My new 2020 Porsche 911 is my eight Porsche 911. If I had a problem, I'd get the dealer to fix it. My car was made in December, 2019 according to the paperwork that was included in the car. I bought it 2-1-2020. I have had no problems, and it is the best of the 911's that I have owned.

I have never dated a super model.

Doug H (02-27-2020)
Old 02-27-2020, 07:54 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

^^^^^^^^^^ Watch it buddy. That never dated a super model comment is offensive and demeaning to all of those women who have never been a super model and implies that women who are not super models are not worthy of dating.

Sweet ride though even if you are a male chauvinist pig.
The following 2 users liked this post by Doug H:
992Sam (02-27-2020), Schwarz992C4S (06-12-2023)
Old 02-27-2020, 07:55 PM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 992Sam
his YouTube following tells another story... seems he's quite "in touch"
lol. The guy's a moron, pandering to the meatheads of the world. Validation of the notion (attributed to H.L. Mencken) that "nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

So...let's get back to talking about 992 QC? The AMG C43 currently seeing duty as my DD is the most rattle-prone car I've owned so far in this millennium. A big part of the problem is the runflat tires, which at suggested tire pressures are so stiff that every road imperfection is transferred through the chassis into the cabin. Testing the 992 C4S with SPASM in the dead of a Canadian winter (one day at -25 C) I noticed a couple of panel vibrations on bad roads when in Sport and Sport+, but nothing that was objectionable. It didn't think to check if the demo car was running on summer tires or winter tires (which would make a big difference), but I am heading to the dealer in an hour for their Taycan "reveal" and will have a look. Frankly, I can't imagine a scenario where the rattles in ANY 992 in ANY situation would be as bad as a C43. I'll find out first-hand in 55 days.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:02 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

lol. The guy's a moron, pandering to the meatheads of the world. Validation of the notion (attributed to H.L. Mencken) that "nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

So...let's get back to talking about 992 QC? The AMG C43 currently seeing duty as my DD is the most rattle-prone car I've owned so far in this millennium. A big part of the problem is the runflat tires, which at suggested tire pressures are so stiff that every road imperfection is transferred through the chassis into the cabin. Testing the 992 C4S with SPASM in the dead of a Canadian winter (one day at -25 C) I noticed a couple of panel vibrations on bad roads when in Sport and Sport+, but nothing that was objectionable. It didn't think to check if the demo car was running on summer tires or winter tires (which would make a big difference), but I am heading to the dealer in an hour for their Taycan "reveal" and will have a look. Frankly, I can't imagine a scenario where the rattles in ANY 992 in ANY situation would be as bad as a C43. I'll find out first-hand in 55 days.
Angry much? So much judgment!

Dude, you need a meditation practice, yoga or something to eliminate those ruts/groves in your mind that sees everything negative obviously triggered by some childhood trauma and/or getting dumped a lot when young.

Lol, I would be pissed too if I lived in Canada during the winter. Need some happy vitamins from the sun! Come down to Destin and hang out at the beach for a couple of weeks at my place.
992Sam (02-27-2020)
Old 02-27-2020, 08:11 PM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug H
Angry much. Dude, you need a meditation practice, yoga or something to eliminate those ruts/groves in your mind that sees everything negative obviously triggered by some childhood trauma and/or getting dumped a lot when young.

Lol, I would be pissed too if I lived in Canada during the winter. Need some happy vitamins from the sun! Come down to Destin and hang out at the beach for a couple of weeks at my place.
Hahahah. We could watch YouTube videos together!
The following 2 users liked this post by gcurnew:
992Sam (02-27-2020), Doug H (02-27-2020)
Old 02-27-2020, 08:32 PM
992Sam
Three Wheelin'

Hahahah. We could watch YouTube videos together!
but then you'd make him watch all that left leaning BS you Canadians are known for 😂 ... how about some Jordan Peterson?? He's a sane Canadian, isn't he?

Quick Reply: Interior buzzing, rattles, and wind noise