Sponsored by:

New 992 Price

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 05:11 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 848 Likes on 465 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGWORM
Correct. And yes the 1st dealer did offer me an chance to place an order for a replacement and wait for it. But I passed. I dont have the time to wait until April. So I was either going to buy something else (almost looked at a 570S) or buy a beater until the 992.2 came out. But then a buddy of mine told me about a clone of my lemon. So I went to go see it and it all worked out. Well, kind of. This one had issues too. But they fixed it in a couple hours while I paced back and forth freaking out that this was the 2nd bad one in a row.

It was a stressful day.
Glad you got it fixed. Mine arrived in San Diego at port today so hope it wasn't mine they sold you! LOL. Naw know it wasn't as I have a 2021 992S which aren't released for sale until 6 Nov 20 I heard. Same color though Chalk. Enjoy and glad they fixed the PDK. What happened maybe was a CoVID19 car and thus the wiring area? When produced?
Old 10-21-2020, 10:05 AM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

A good deal on any new car is a state of mind. If you want to upset yourself, make public and compare the deal you got to everyone else's deal. That, or just be happy with the car, enjoy it, and don't look for affirmation.

There is ALWAYS a better price, so be happy and don't look back!

The following 4 users liked this post by Domer911:
dgasmd (10-24-2020), Helios59 (10-21-2020), mikey94025 (11-01-2020), n d (10-22-2020)
Old 10-21-2020, 10:16 AM
craig66
Pro

Received 499 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Domer911
A good deal on any new car is a state of mind. If you want to upset yourself, make public and compare the deal you got to everyone else's deal. That, or just be happy with the car, enjoy it, and don't look for affirmation.

You are right to a degree and there are so many factors that come into play including location, trim and now COVID. That bieng said I do think it is helpful to at least give people and idea what is out there. When shopping for a 992 I was told 2-3K off max by one dealer. Another two dealers told me 3% off and be happy. The boards told me I should be able to get 5-8% off even in Covid. I pushed my local dealer and in the end worked off with a 6% discount in NJ. Had I not had the board I would have been thrilled with 3%. Yes that would have been okay but by pushing a little harder I can now buy winter wheels and tires by what the information on the board offered.

Where you are right is that could I have gotten 7-8% off? Possibly but that would have been hard and I would have to risk walking out and losing an allocation and so I am am happy at 6% knowing I could have gotten only 3% if not for the boards but I did not have to increase the stress level by pushing for 8%

Old 10-21-2020, 10:45 AM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,894 Likes on 1,525 Posts

Amen!
Old 10-21-2020, 01:09 PM
bobblehead
Racer

Received 144 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by CADFL
Just placed an order for MSRP at my local Porsche. Called every dealership in Ontario and nobody was budging. Seems like demand is really outpacing supply up here!

I am in Ontario. I am offered 1.5% off on 2021 992 911 from Downtown Porsche this week. Porsche North Toronto offers $0 discount, if I was a current Porsche owner, then they will offer $1500 off as loyalty. I have not spoken to Oakville & Pfaff just yet.

Last edited by bobblehead; 10-21-2020 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-30-2020, 03:13 AM
CADFL
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bobblehead
I am in Ontario. I am offered 1.5% off on 2021 992 911 from Downtown Porsche this week. Porsche North Toronto offers $0 discount, if I was a current Porsche owner, then they will offer $1500 off as loyalty. I have not spoken to Oakville & Pfaff just yet.
From Toronto here. I contacted London, Pfaff, Oakville, Downtown and PCNT. London, PCNT and Pfaff offered no discount. Oakville didn't even reply to my email, Downtown sales stopped replying when I asked and threw a random discount number at them (opened with 8%, guess he took it as an insult lol.) Ended up going with PCNT since I got my last one from them. I'd love to know who the sales associate was for the 1.5% so I can see if they can do anything for me for my C4S order? Thanks!
Old 10-30-2020, 07:22 AM
bobblehead
Racer

Received 144 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by CADFL
From Toronto here. I contacted London, Pfaff, Oakville, Downtown and PCNT. London, PCNT and Pfaff offered no discount. Oakville didn't even reply to my email, Downtown sales stopped replying when I asked and threw a random discount number at them (opened with 8%, guess he took it as an insult lol.) Ended up going with PCNT since I got my last one from them. I'd love to know who the sales associate was for the 1.5% so I can see if they can do anything for me for my C4S order? Thanks!
Toronto and GTA area .....

Unfortunately, we, Canadians do not get the same generous discount treatment when compared to US as they sell 10x more 911 over there.

I just signed last Saturday with Downtown Porsche and dealt with Stuart Drummond (Used car sales manager). Deal signed was 1.75% off and 3 yrs Prepaid Maintenance Plan is included into the deal (retail value $2550). Porsche North Toronto offered full price and nothing thrown into the offer at all, I even spoke to the new car sales mgr briefly (George Woo) as he was hyping about the car's being new gen and there are lots of people wanting one and he feels he is justified of not giving a penny of discount ... blah, blah, blah.

I chose 4S and requested allocation/build in February 2021 and delivery sometimes in April 2021, thus giving them plenty of time to secure the allocation for me. The objective is to avoid winter conditions completely. I also requested the car to be delivered to my house directly (of course, the paper work and payment will still be done a day or two ahead of the delivery time) at no extra charge and it will be on a flat bed trailer.

Let me know if you need any clarifications. Steve

Last edited by bobblehead; 10-30-2020 at 08:55 AM.
The following users liked this post:
CADFL (10-30-2020)
Old 10-30-2020, 12:10 PM
CADFL
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bobblehead
Toronto and GTA area .....

Unfortunately, we, Canadians do not get the same generous discount treatment when compared to US as they sell 10x more 911 over there.

I just signed last Saturday with Downtown Porsche and dealt with Stuart Drummond (Used car sales manager). Deal signed was 1.75% off and 3 yrs Prepaid Maintenance Plan is included into the deal (retail value $2550). Porsche North Toronto offered full price and nothing thrown into the offer at all, I even spoke to the new car sales mgr briefly (George Woo) as he was hyping about the car's being new gen and there are lots of people wanting one and he feels he is justified of not giving a penny of discount ... blah, blah, blah.

I chose 4S and requested allocation/build in February 2021 and delivery sometimes in April 2021, thus giving them plenty of time to secure the allocation for me. The objective is to avoid winter conditions completely. I also requested the car to be delivered to my house directly (of course, the paper work and payment will still be done a day or two ahead of the delivery time) at no extra charge and it will be on a flat bed trailer.

Let me know if you need any clarifications. Steve
Sent you a PM!
Old 10-30-2020, 02:25 PM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 786 Posts

@bobblehead that's a decent deal for Canada.
The following users liked this post:
bobblehead (10-30-2020)
Old 10-30-2020, 05:31 PM
MVRK
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

This perspective can’t been echoed enough and frankly we are in a market right now, the likes of which we haven’t seen in a while, if ever. I used to run a buyer agency for high end cars and while we already used to benchmark with at least a 3-5% savings minimum, that’s gone out the window with COVID and especially on new 992’s. I pride myself on usually being able to score pretty decent deals given past experience and I only was able to swing a 2.5% discount here in the DC area last week. Inventory is already low and with more production slow downs on the way, inventory will become even more limited, so dealers have little to no reason to budge much.
The following 3 users liked this post by MVRK:
Dan Nagy (11-02-2020), Helios59 (10-30-2020), Master Deep (10-31-2020)
Old 11-06-2020, 05:48 PM
THEBIZ67
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

What are discounts given on a 2020 C2 currently? Wanted to get an idea of what some leases are going for
Old 11-06-2020, 11:51 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by BLACK P CAR
What are discounts given on a 2020 C2 currently? Wanted to get an idea of what some leases are going for
I think it varies significantly based on your history with a dealership, your location geographically, whether or not you have a trade-in, if you’re buying or leasing, etc. Pre-COVID I heard of discounts in the 8-10% range, but I’ve also heard of people buying at MSRP. And since COVID it seems that discounts are not as deep because inventory is so low and demand is still relatively high.

Good luck :-)
Old 11-09-2020, 04:00 PM
THEBIZ67
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by markchristenson
I think it varies significantly based on your history with a dealership, your location geographically, whether or not you have a trade-in, if you’re buying or leasing, etc. Pre-COVID I heard of discounts in the 8-10% range, but I’ve also heard of people buying at MSRP. And since COVID it seems that discounts are not as deep because inventory is so low and demand is still relatively high.

Good luck :-)
Appreciate the response! When I got my 991, I got approx 10% off sticker. I know right now the MF is .002, but dealers are charging up to .0029

Hopefully I can locate a car and deal so post about it
Old 11-14-2020, 12:52 PM
Blackfield
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello,

We are in Austin, TX and planning to submit an order for a C2 in December.

Can anyone share recommendation/experience for dealership in Austin, San Antonio or Houston area and the discount they offered?

Old 11-18-2020, 11:55 AM
BelPorsche
AutoX

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I called 5 dealers in the Chicago land area to find an allocation for a Targa 4S. All said that it would be very hard to find an allocation. 4 out of 5 said that it would be at MSRP and one offered up 3% off on a factory ordered or 5% off on a dealer ordered one that was coming in.

One of the four ended up finding one, so went with that one (for now) at MSRP (didn't like the dealer ordered one).

I can of course still back out. but what are others seeing with Targa's? Seems there are very few allocations (the other 4 are still looking, but no dice yet), so I feel I don't have much leverage. How can you create leverage in a situation like this.

Also - The one that found the allocation was the sales guy they passed me through when I called the switchboard ... He probably spend 30 minutes finding the car and will make a nice commission :-)

Quick Reply: New 992 Price