Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

allocations, deliveries, frustrations!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2019, 07:07 PM
tcirillo
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Default allocations, deliveries, frustrations!

hi all
re: 992 carrera S Cab

this was ordered in july/aug in FL USA. the original allocation was december. the delivery date to my dealer was moved up to late october. then it was delayed to sept. then oct. then nov. then dec. then jan. and now, today, feb '20.

never a reason, of course (at one point the system said that it was back in the body shop!?). i also was foolish enough to spend 35 minutes on hold with PNA only to learn that "no carrera s cabs are being delivered until feb.". amazing, eh? nonsense. (and rude too).

my dealer has not a clue. at the same time he says that cabs are being delivered 'all day long'.

so, what i do not know is: what were the order dates of USA cabs that are and have already been delivered.

i'd really appreciate this info as it might give me some insight into whether something peculiar is going on with my car, or if it's more generalized.

thank you all
Old 11-26-2019, 07:20 PM
frankchn
Pro

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts

There are 210 new Carrera S cabs on Autotrader right now, so it is probably your specific vehicle. Did you order a rare option or some Exclusive Manufaktur options?
Old 11-26-2019, 11:04 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,498 Likes on 960 Posts

I've heard stories of some 991s and 992s being slightly damaged in transit. Dings, paint repairs, etc. My 991.2 TT was delivered to me (also, trucked across country) with scratches on the passenger door, a small nick in rear bumper, and a small ding in L rear fender.

I was furious upon inspection.

MAKE SURE you inspect the Hell outta your car when you get it, in good light, and report anything that doesn't meet spec.
The following 2 users liked this post by chance6:
markchristenson (11-27-2019), TurboS_GG (11-27-2019)
Old 11-27-2019, 12:30 AM
moomin
Instructor

Received 183 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by chance6
scratches on the passenger door, a small nick in rear bumper, and a small ding in L rear fender.
What did you do, and what did the dealer do to rectify the situation? I ordered a BMW a few years ago and it had bird **** that had etched all the way through the clear. They tried to repair and actually made it worse. I refused delivery and went elsewhere. Surprisingly the dealer didn't offer any discount. I'm curious as to what Porsche would do.
Old 11-27-2019, 12:32 AM
moomin
Instructor

Received 183 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by tcirillo
hi all
re: 992 carrera S Cab

this was ordered in july/aug in FL USA. the original allocation was december. the delivery date to my dealer was moved up to late october. then it was delayed to sept. then oct. then nov. then dec. then jan. and now, today, feb '20.

never a reason, of course (at one point the system said that it was back in the body shop!?). i also was foolish enough to spend 35 minutes on hold with PNA only to learn that "no carrera s cabs are being delivered until feb.". amazing, eh? nonsense. (and rude too).

my dealer has not a clue. at the same time he says that cabs are being delivered 'all day long'.

so, what i do not know is: what were the order dates of USA cabs that are and have already been delivered.

i'd really appreciate this info as it might give me some insight into whether something peculiar is going on with my car, or if it's more generalized.

thank you all
Sorry you are having this issue. FWIW I'm in LA and there are 992 cabs avail at my dealer to buy off the lot. Please could you share with dealer you are working with? If you don't feel comfortable here, please PM me.
Old 11-27-2019, 04:12 AM
tcirillo
Instructor

Originally Posted by moomin
What did you do, and what did the dealer do to rectify the situation? I ordered a BMW a few years ago and it had bird **** that had etched all the way through the clear. They tried to repair and actually made it worse. I refused delivery and went elsewhere. Surprisingly the dealer didn't offer any discount. I'm curious as to what Porsche would do.
as i mentioned, i spent time on the phone to no avail. the dealer hasn't done anything
Old 11-27-2019, 04:14 AM
tcirillo
Instructor

Originally Posted by frankchn
There are 210 new Carrera S cabs on Autotrader right now, so it is probably your specific vehicle. Did you order a rare option or some Exclusive Manufaktur options?
i'm aware of that. i just don't know the order dates of those cars. i'd sure like to know the order dates of folks here, who have received their cabs

no , i didn't order any exotic options, just a pretty starightfoward car.
Old 11-27-2019, 07:33 AM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,498 Likes on 960 Posts

Originally Posted by chance6
I've heard stories of some 991s and 992s being slightly damaged in transit. Dings, paint repairs, etc. My 991.2 TT was delivered to me (also, trucked across country) with scratches on the passenger door, a small nick in rear bumper, and a small ding in L rear fender.

MAKE SURE you inspect the Hell outta your car when you get it, in good light, and report anything that doesn't meet spec.
I couldn’t do anything, there was no proof it didn’t occur in shipping the car. Sucked royally. Great car though. I think most of it was shipping but the car was delivered at night, at 11 PM, so not much inspection I could do.
The following users liked this post:
tcirillo (11-27-2019)
Old 11-27-2019, 11:08 AM
seatactony
Racer

Received 280 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by tcirillo
i'm aware of that. i just don't know the order dates of those cars. i'd sure like to know the order dates of folks here, who have received their cabs

no , i didn't order any exotic options, just a pretty starightfoward car.
Maybe see if one of the existing cabs for sale will fit for you and cancel your order?
Old 11-27-2019, 02:13 PM
tcirillo
Instructor

Originally Posted by seatactony
Maybe see if one of the existing cabs for sale will fit for you and cancel your order?
my sales agent has searched the usa inventory and found one that is coming in jan, and not the exact build. IF my feb date holds, that would only pick up a few wks.
(at the same time he suggests that a lot of the cars on cars.com etc don't exist, and you'd have to track each one down individually)
Old 11-27-2019, 03:23 PM
NigelPlays
Racer

Received 227 Likes on 96 Posts

Lots for sale at various dealers. Go grab one.
Old 11-28-2019, 03:49 AM
tcirillo
Instructor

Originally Posted by NigelPlays
Lots for sale at various dealers. Go grab one.
only 1 in the usa near my build

Quick Reply: allocations, deliveries, frustrations!