Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attractive women hate the sight of an average guy in a 911 or other exotic

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2019, 12:15 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Received 640 Likes on 392 Posts

The more I read this thread, the more photosynthesis I get.
Old 11-24-2019, 01:07 PM
clutchplate
Three Wheelin'

Received 968 Likes on 457 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
Let's get us back on topic.....Sorry to perpetuate this thread.....lol. True stories:

I pulled up in my red 981 Boxster in front of an Irish Pub curb side at 1230 pm for a bite to eat. (it's a Ferrari to everyone because it is red and has a black horsie on the front emblem). I turn off the car and a chick opens the door and gets in and shuts the door - a total stranger. After introducing herself in slurred speech, she asks me to take her home. She is TOTALLY wasted at 1230 in the afternoon. It happened so fast that I am totally shocked at what is happening. I'm twice her age and wearing a hat and sunglasses which obviously hid that fact. For a moment, I thought about taking her up on her offer. lol.....but then I notice she is holding a f'ing cigarette. I nearly panic because now I am worried about my leather dash getting a burn mark on it. I quickly hop out and carefully help her out of the car and told her she got in the wrong Uber. I pointed that **** show to another car. Hopefully, I helped that guy out.
OMG except for the time of day I had virtually the same thing happen in my 911. Probably not a lot of Honda owners with that story.
Old 11-24-2019, 02:21 PM
SillyGoose
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
Let's get us back on topic.....Sorry to perpetuate this thread.....lol. True stories:

I pulled up in my red 981 Boxster in front of an Irish Pub curb side at 1230 pm for a bite to eat. (it's a Ferrari to everyone because it is red and has a black horsie on the front emblem). I turn off the car and a chick opens the door and gets in and shuts the door - a total stranger. After introducing herself in slurred speech, she asks me to take her home. She is TOTALLY wasted at 1230 in the afternoon. It happened so fast that I am totally shocked at what is happening. I'm twice her age and wearing a hat and sunglasses which obviously hid that fact. For a moment, I thought about taking her up on her offer. lol.....but then I notice she is holding a f'ing cigarette. I nearly panic because now I am worried about my leather dash getting a burn mark on it. I quickly hop out and carefully help her out of the car and told her she got in the wrong Uber. I pointed that **** show to another car. Hopefully, I helped that guy out.

Another story. Same car, and my wife and I are hitting our favorite wine bar a block away from story #1 above. The bar is packed and overflowing out on the patio which is unusual. (all guys too)...but there was a spot right out front so I make my parking approach. Two guys flag me in and start giving hand signals directing me like the airplane ground crews do at the gate. I slowly move in and park......the gaggle of men flock around my car to check it out and all want to talk to me. Must be a bunch of car guys. Cool. My wife and I walk in to the bar and read the sign. "Wilmington's Gay night out here tonight". Holy crap....I was gay chum and didn't even know it. Started following the Gay Night Out section of the local newspaper. LOL

That is all. Carry on.

My 981 cayman i assume must have pissed off a lot of both men and women in my hometown back in 2015 and 2016 when it was considered a pretty new hot looking car.

What i did to advertise my new purchase was i posted a facebook profile picture of two gay black men kissing each other as my main picture, causing people to get shocked and causing them to click on my profile page. It had been years since anyone from my hometown heard much about me, and when the unsuspecting person clicked on my page, they would end up seeing a gigantic background cover photo of me standing in front of my new porsche cayman with the keys in my hand. I knew that a lot of people mustve been visiting the page because i got an accidental friend request every now and then, presumably from someone swiping through my page, and touching the friend request button.
The following users liked this post:
chance6 (11-24-2019)
Old 11-24-2019, 03:04 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,504 Likes on 964 Posts

Absolutely, rub it in when necessary!!
Old 11-24-2019, 03:13 PM
SillyGoose
Racer

Originally Posted by chance6
Absolutely, rub it in when necessary!!
i have always believed that this is the primary function and purpose of existence of porsches. Just saying the sentence out loud "i just bought a new porsche" is hilarious
Old 11-24-2019, 03:21 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,191 Likes on 3,027 Posts

Originally Posted by SillyGoose
i have always believed that this is the primary function and purpose of existence of porsches. Just saying the sentence out loud "i just bought a new porsche" is hilarious
It's especially hilarious when someone makes such a declaration and their car in question is a 981 Cayman.
If you're going around telling people "I just bought a new Porsche" and the car wasn't a 911, you're just trying to flex. Always remember, nobody cares. Really, nobody cares.
The following 2 users liked this post by detansinn:
dribar (12-27-2020), G650 (12-18-2020)
Old 11-24-2019, 03:22 PM
chance6
Race Car

Oh those are great words. Words to p*ss off enemies, and to give a slender middle finger salute to the Establishment. Necessary sometimes, believe me.

And another purpose of Porsches, especially GT models and Turbos, is to kick *ss.
The following users liked this post:
SillyGoose (11-24-2019)
Old 11-24-2019, 03:47 PM
SillyGoose
Racer

Originally Posted by detansinn
It's especially hilarious when someone makes such a declaration and their car in question is a 981 Cayman.
If you're going around telling people "I just bought a new Porsche" and the car wasn't a 911, you're just trying to flex. Always remember, nobody cares. Really, nobody cares.
The 981 has a higher perceived value than the 911. Its never about the actual cost of the vehicle, its all about perceived value. That is why a 30,000 used maserati will be seen as a status symbol but not a 40,000 honda suv
Old 11-24-2019, 04:23 PM
P-Car777
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by markchristenson
The more I read this thread, the more photosynthesis I get.
lol, I see what you did there, love it!
Old 11-24-2019, 04:30 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,191 Likes on 3,027 Posts

The 981 has a higher perceived value than the 911. Its never about the actual cost of the vehicle, its all about perceived value. That is why a 30,000 used maserati will be seen as a status symbol but not a 40,000 honda suv
No, it does not, not at all.
Old 11-24-2019, 05:45 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

What about a 50,000 minivan—where does that fall into the status equation? Or, even better, an Oldsmobile Silhouette, driven by Chili Palmer—that’s got a lot of perceived value, no?
Old 11-24-2019, 05:46 PM
markchristenson
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by P-Car777
lol, I see what you did there, love it!
I literally can’t stop laughing when I read your avatar. When I was drinking my coffee this morning and reading the forum I showed it to my wife and we both cracked up—well done!
Old 11-24-2019, 05:54 PM
SillyGoose
Racer

What about a 50,000 minivan—where does that fall into the status equation? Or, even better, an Oldsmobile Silhouette, driven by Chili Palmer—that’s got a lot of perceived value, no?
what i have discovered is that a really good wrap job and its color affects things quite a lot. i once walked past a matte purple mazda 6 sedan that looked extremely good and couldve passed for something worth 200k if not for the mazda badge. i thought the rear half looked maserati like. also, if the car is spotless on the outside and the rims are cleaned very well, then that brings any vehicle up a lot more in terms of appearance.

a 50,000 dollar minivan would obviously have very little perceived value and would be seen as an ordinary car. i would say the porsche suvs would have a much lower perceived value than the sports cars
Old 11-24-2019, 06:53 PM
P-Car777
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

I literally can’t stop laughing when I read your avatar. When I was drinking my coffee this morning and reading the forum I showed it to my wife and we both cracked up—well done!
Glad to be of service good sir, I am silly/idiotic when my life/wife allows it.
Laughter is this best medicine, hence me lurking around this thread periodically for my fix.
Long live the SillyGoose and these off topic threads that bring joy to our days, despite the topics being
as useless as **** on a boar hog
The following 4 users liked this post by P-Car777:
dribar (12-18-2020), oneof5 (05-03-2021), SBAD (12-18-2020), SillyGoose (11-24-2019)
Old 11-25-2019, 12:44 AM
chance6
Race Car

What the Hell is perceived value?? You talking about how much $$ something appears to cost in the eye of the average idiot?

Quick Reply: Attractive women hate the sight of an average guy in a 911 or other exotic