Sponsored by:

Attractive women hate the sight of an average guy in a 911 or other exotic

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2019, 08:28 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,504 Likes on 964 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug H
Nah, there just lightweight pu$$ies. Deal with them and fire them all the tine in my law firm.
Jesus, Doug. Superior much? What time is the Superior dance scheduled?

*they're
The following users liked this post:
jkautz (11-23-2019)
Old 11-23-2019, 08:45 PM
chance6
Race Car

Candidly, there is a huge mentality difference between us guys that began practicing in the 90s and kids today. We also only hire federal law clerks, from tops schools which pretty much only get the fed clerkships anyway.

True story . . .

A couple years back I was lead counsel defending an airline in a wage & hour class action. We had approximately 4,392 opt ins in the collective class (maybe be off a few here) and approximately 16,800 in the Rule 23 class. Court ruled I could serve written discovery on 10% of the opt-ins. I initially sent out about 400 sets and saved the rest for later. Plaintiffs' counsel began sending responses in large batches. They sent about 180 sets of responses and documents in one batch. After the batch came in, I picked up the phone and buzzed one of the new associates just off his federal clerkship.

Me: Hey David, just got in 180 sets of discovery. I need you to log in and review it for patterns, objections, incomplete responses and etc.

David: Silence.

Me: I need you to review and log in this 180 sets of discovery. Can you do that for me?

David: With all do respect, that is a job for a paralegal.

Me: Cannot repeat most of what I said, but I concluded with . . . I wish someone would give me that job. Please give me that job. It pays the same as everything else and who the F are you to say it is beneath you. Never been to court, never tried a case, never taken a deposition, have no clue what you are doing and this is beneath you . . .

A couple of days later, I am in one of my partners' office and tell him the story. He buzzes David and says: "David, get in here." David walks in and sits down with me and my partner. My partner hands him a stack of papers and tell him to go make copies. You could see the dude fighting to hold back saying anything and my partner then asks him if he had a problem with that. David made the copies, but David was gone the next day. David was one of those guys that always came in at 8:45 and left at 4:30, never worked a weekend, but really thought well of himself. Candidly, his work product was not up to our standards or he may have made it through that little episode. Maybe not.
Working with the Teamsters union then, Doug??? ha ha

I'm really growing to love this thread, actually.
Doug H (11-23-2019)
Old 11-23-2019, 08:58 PM
chance6
Race Car

It's perfectly okay to like cars. Just saying. I don't care if you're an over-obsessive art teacher or a blonde bimbo that only talks about her ***** and getting drunk. (I've dated both)
Old 11-23-2019, 09:05 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 222 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by chance6
Working with the Teamsters union then, Doug??? ha ha

I'm really growing to love this thread, actually.
The OP's statement is inane, but the tangent is quite interesting. I'm not in the legal profession, but my father was a partner in a MD firm which experienced significant growth from the 50s through the 80s. When hiring, my father always looked for law school graduates from relatively small universities who were highly motivated to succeed. Although he interviewed many applicants from Ivy league schools, he rarely hired them. I can't recall my father ever experiencing the problems that are related in this thread. The lawyers he hired were delighted to work for his firm, and they were happy to do whatever had to be done. Bottom line is that they had no sense of entitlement.
Old 11-23-2019, 09:15 PM
SillyGoose
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

It's perfectly okay to like cars. Just saying. I don't care if you're an over-obsessive art teacher or a blonde bimbo that only talks about her ***** and getting drunk. (I've dated both)
please tell us more about the art teacher and blonde bimbo and tell us what kind of porsche you had back then
chance6 (11-24-2019)
Old 11-23-2019, 11:03 PM
ahutcheon
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 11-23-2019, 11:38 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 905 Likes on 532 Posts

Originally Posted by SillyGoose
please tell us more about the art teacher and blonde bimbo and tell us what kind of porsche you had back then
Dude . . . or perhaps dudette . . . needs to hear about them to live vicariously because he/she/it obviously cannot get any on their own. Bimbos are best. They don't get offended and are not sensitive about everything as everything goes over their head.

Actually, my second time around I found a younger, hot Russian chick. They are the best. Hot as helll and appreciate everything, especially the ones that grew up in the 90s when Russia's economy tanked. Heck, if you have a pulse and don't get wasted off vodka and beat the heck out of them, you are a vast improvement over their options back home. . . . And no, mine wasn't mail order. She came over at 22, got her 2nd masters degree at Yale, became an investment banker and bought herself the Gallardo spyder in my signature line before I met her.

She hated Porsche 911s when I met her and thought they were the ugliest cars. She loves them now.

Last edited by Doug H; 11-23-2019 at 11:53 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Doug H:
dribar (12-27-2020), oneof5 (05-03-2021)
Old 11-24-2019, 12:06 AM
SillyGoose
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Dude . . . or perhaps dudette . . . needs to hear about them to live vicariously because he/she/it obviously cannot get any on their own. Bimbos are best. They don't get offended and are not sensitive about everything as everything goes over their head.

Actually, my second time around I found a younger, hot Russian chick. They are the best. Hot as helll and appreciate everything, especially the ones that grew up in the 90s when Russia's economy tanked. Heck, if you have a pulse and don't get wasted off vodka and beat the heck out of them, you are a vast improvement over their options back home. . . . And no, mine wasn't mail order. She came over at 22, got her 2nd masters degree at Yale, became an investment banker and bought herself the Gallardo spyder in my signature line before I met her.

She hated Porsche 911s when I met her and thought they were the ugliest cars. She loves them now.
I just enjoy a good story because its thanksgiving season
The following 2 users liked this post by SillyGoose:
chance6 (11-24-2019), SBAD (12-18-2020)
Old 11-24-2019, 12:20 AM
chance6
Race Car

Hey Doug, besides making me laugh, can you tell me how the Russian feels about the Nubbin??
Old 11-24-2019, 12:28 AM
chance6
Race Car

Originally Posted by SillyGoose
I will indulge this because it makes me laugh, in fact I will be additive here:

Obsessive art teacher, workout freak: 991.2 TT, but very few rides due to its garage queen status.
Blonde bimbo, loved to booze it up: Panamera Turbo- all conversations were involved in her loud talking in public places and tales of her getting drunk the prior weekend, along with of course her being an atheist and going to atheist events. Marrying her was a no-go, but it was fun for a few laps around the track (automotive reference). Word has it that she's put on 30 lbs in the last 4 years. True wisdom.

*addition - Country music freak: 911 GTS - listened to country music 24/7 - but very beautiful...loved her red wine...but it was revealed that she snored LOUDLY. That would not work for me as I enjoy my sleep. A couple friends called her a floozy but I disagreed. She worked for a trash company, in fact was a Head Honcho.
Old 11-24-2019, 12:33 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 905 Likes on 532 Posts

Hey Doug, besides making me laugh, can you tell me how the Russian feels about the Nubbin??
Oh shyte, if it had batteries, it might replace me.
Old 11-24-2019, 12:42 AM
chance6
Race Car

This thread has become pure gold.
The following 2 users liked this post by chance6:
markchristenson (11-24-2019), MC129 (11-25-2019)
Old 11-24-2019, 01:35 AM
rhr992c4s
Rennlist Member

Received 484 Likes on 245 Posts

I have to admit I am starting to like Silly now purely for the entertainment value
Old 11-24-2019, 08:33 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,279 Likes on 1,045 Posts

Let's get us back on topic.....Sorry to perpetuate this thread.....lol. True stories:

I pulled up in my red 981 Boxster in front of an Irish Pub curb side at 1230 pm for a bite to eat. (it's a Ferrari to everyone because it is red and has a black horsie on the front emblem). I turn off the car and a chick opens the door and gets in and shuts the door - a total stranger. After introducing herself in slurred speech, she asks me to take her home. She is TOTALLY wasted at 1230 in the afternoon. It happened so fast that I am totally shocked at what is happening. I'm twice her age and wearing a hat and sunglasses which obviously hid that fact. For a moment, I thought about taking her up on her offer. lol.....but then I notice she is holding a f'ing cigarette. I nearly panic because now I am worried about my leather dash getting a burn mark on it. I quickly hop out and carefully help her out of the car and told her she got in the wrong Uber. I pointed that **** show to another car. Hopefully, I helped that guy out.

Another story. Same car, and my wife and I are hitting our favorite wine bar a block away from story #1 above. The bar is packed and overflowing out on the patio which is unusual. (all guys too)...but there was a spot right out front so I make my parking approach. Two guys flag me in and start giving hand signals directing me like the airplane ground crews do at the gate. I slowly move in and park......the gaggle of men flock around my car to check it out and all want to talk to me. Must be a bunch of car guys. Cool. My wife and I walk in to the bar and read the sign. "Wilmington's Gay night out here tonight". Holy crap....I was gay chum and didn't even know it. Started following the Gay Night Out section of the local newspaper. LOL

That is all. Carry on.
The following 3 users liked this post by subshooter:
dribar (12-27-2020), G650 (12-18-2020), jdanza22 (04-29-2021)
Old 11-24-2019, 09:20 AM
P-Car777
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Someone sticky this thread, the entertainment value is off the charts for rennlist
The following 3 users liked this post by P-Car777:
chance6 (11-24-2019), markchristenson (11-24-2019), SoCal RJ (11-25-2019)

Quick Reply: Attractive women hate the sight of an average guy in a 911 or other exotic