Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Put my deposit in for a 992 GT3!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 03:37 PM
KillerVette
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Put my deposit in for a 992 GT3!

Yesterday was a good day for me. I am 7 on the list for a new 992 GT3! This is also my first post here, so thanks everyone for the various info I have gained from this forum. Also, thanks to my wife who is onboard for this!

This will be my first Porsche and I never thought I would be able to find an allocation. The dealer got 12 of the 991.2 GT3s, so they think I will have a good chance of getting a 992. I had previously ordered a Macan GTS, but a couple days after the order the dealer cancelled it. I missed the build window before the new refresh. I didn’t want to wait for the new ones, so I moved on. Wish I waited. Lol
The following users liked this post:
John Rudolf (01-26-2020)
Old 11-03-2019, 04:14 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,459 Likes on 2,810 Posts

Be sure to do some research on the difference between putting you on a list, accepting a build order and having an actual allocation. Be aware of the games played with these lists and keep your options open. I’d call a few dealers and hedge your bets. It will be awhile before the GT3 is announced and allocations available.

An allocation is a formal factory build order attached to your name.
The following 4 users liked this post by rk-d:
aggie57 (11-03-2019), detansinn (11-03-2019), NigelPlays (11-03-2019), Porsche911GTS'16 (11-03-2019)
Old 11-03-2019, 04:32 PM
KillerVette
Track Day

Thanks for the clarification! I would hate to wait all that time thinking I’m getting one and get screwed. I realize I still could, but I do have a build sheet for a presumed model year 2021, so I think I’m good. I asked around to several dealers until I found this. Others wanted a deposit for no guarantee and I am on a waiting list at another dealer with no deposit.
Old 11-03-2019, 04:36 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,402 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Congrats. How much $ did you put down?
Old 11-03-2019, 04:53 PM
KillerVette
Track Day

Originally Posted by LexVan
Congrats. How much $ did you put down?
$1000
Old 11-03-2019, 04:55 PM
LexVan
Banned

Cool! Welcome to Rennlist. Hope this all works out for you in late 2020. The wait will be excruciating.
Old 11-03-2019, 04:57 PM
KillerVette
Track Day

Cool! Welcome to Rennlist. Hope this all works out for you in late 2020. The wait will be excruciating.
thanks! This years birthday I order it. Next years birthday I hope I can actually get it. Lol
detansinn (11-03-2019)

Trending Topics

Old 11-03-2019, 04:58 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,075 Likes on 2,985 Posts

Per the comments of others here, I am skeptical about being on a list without it being attached to a specific allocation. As far as I am aware, dealers weren't being alloted GT3 cars yet. You mentioned that you were able to configure a build -- what options are known? I hope that you get your car when you expect it and I hope that it is awesome, but my own alarm bells always go off when dealers start taking deposits without any idea how many cars and when they are getting cars. That being said, $1000 is a modest amount of money to get in line.
Old 11-03-2019, 05:01 PM
LexVan
Banned

Are you local to the dealership, or did you go out-of-state? I tried sendng you a PM, but you are not eligible yet. TY.
Old 11-03-2019, 05:10 PM
KillerVette
Track Day

Are you local to the dealership, or did you go out-of-state? I tried sendng you a PM, but you are not eligible yet. TY.
local to the dealer
Old 11-03-2019, 05:13 PM
KillerVette
Track Day

Originally Posted by detansinn
Per the comments of others here, I am skeptical about being on a list without it being attached to a specific allocation. As far as I am aware, dealers weren't being alloted GT3 cars yet. You mentioned that you were able to configure a build -- what options are known? I hope that you get your car when you expect it and I hope that it is awesome, but my own alarm bells always go off when dealers start taking deposits without any idea how many cars and when they are getting cars. That being said, $1000 is a modest amount of money to get in line.
no options, just a blank order sheet. I am completely aware that if the dealer only gets allocated 6 cars, I’m out. But from my discussions and understanding, if they get 7 I will get one. The dealers I did contact all seemed pretty honest about expectations and this is the best deal I found. And yea, 1k (refundable) to lock in the possibility is good with me. Like I said, there was another dealer that wanted $2500 for absolutely no guarantee.
detansinn (11-03-2019)
Old 11-03-2019, 05:16 PM
KillerVette
Track Day

Originally Posted by KillerVette
no options, just a blank order sheet. I am completely aware that if the dealer only gets allocated 6 cars, I’m out. But from my discussions and understanding, if they get 7 I will get one. The dealers I did contact all seemed pretty honest about expectations and this is the best deal I found. And yea, 1k (refundable) to lock in the possibility is good with me. Like I said, there was another dealer that wanted $2500 for absolutely no guarantee.
correction. I did choose Guards Red and black interior for now. Those are the only options that we figured would be available.
Old 11-03-2019, 05:41 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,499 Likes on 961 Posts

$1000 !! That’s awesome. Good work right there. But wait!! I thought the 992S was the greatest thing since sliced bread??
Old 11-03-2019, 05:57 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,459 Likes on 2,810 Posts

Thanks for the clarification! I would hate to wait all that time thinking I’m getting one and get screwed. I realize I still could, but I do have a build sheet for a presumed model year 2021, so I think I’m good. I asked around to several dealers until I found this. Others wanted a deposit for no guarantee and I am on a waiting list at another dealer with no deposit.
I'm sure everything will work out. Just keep in mind that dealers are notorious for calling a build sheet an "allocation".

A true allocation is a formal build sheet from Porsche with your name on it and code "V200". This means there is an actual chassis in the works with your name on it and a delivery date.

Dealers will often give people a sheet that has code "V070". This is just an order demand, not a true allocated build attached to your name.

I don't want to rain on your parade - I'm very sure you will get your car. I predict Porsche will be more liberal on the GT builds. It's just that having built a GT car in the past (GT4), I've learned to trust, but verify.
The following 2 users liked this post by rk-d:
detansinn (11-03-2019), S S (11-04-2019)
Old 11-03-2019, 06:02 PM
KillerVette
Track Day

Originally Posted by rk-d
I'm sure everything will work out. Just keep in mind that dealers are notorious for calling a build sheet an "allocation".

A true allocation is a formal build sheet from Porsche with your name on it and code "V200". This means there is an actual chassis in the works with your name on it and a delivery date.

Dealers will often give people a sheet that has code "V070". This is just an order demand, not a true allocated build attached to your name.

I don't want to rain on your parade - I'm very sure you will get your car. I predict Porsche will be more liberal on the GT builds. It's just that having built a GT car in the past (GT4), I've learned to trust, but verify.
I appreciate it. Thanks. I am still educating myself on this process.

Quick Reply: Put my deposit in for a 992 GT3!