Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 C4S vs C2S in Warm Climates

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2020, 05:30 PM
clemsondds
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Anyone with a C2S had difficulty getting grip on launch control? I know...I know...0-60 isn't everything...but it is something I enjoy doing...especially since I live in the city and not a ton of chances to carve canyon roads. Thanks
Old 11-19-2020, 06:03 PM
SBAD
Pro

Received 706 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by dribar
I live in Sarasota. There is a great left hand turn that when I hit the red light in the front spot, I really get to goose it around the corner. I had an Audi TT a few years ago that I could never get to break loose around that corner. My 991.2 would at extreme forces, but the TT never did. The other place I noticed an advantage to the AWD was in or after heavy rain. I never ever hydroplaned with the TT but did with the 991.2. The TT would go full blast thru anything and never break loose or feel like I was about to lose it -- actually felt pretty cocky about the stuck-down nature of the TT. I always thought (and I know nothing about cars) that there was at least one wheel touching the ground.

All that being said, I have a 992C2 on the way and went with it because I wanted the extended fuel tank. Dumb reason, but it's all mine.

Good luck.
The reason your TT never broke traction in turns was because it’s tires were handling lateral acceleration and forward acceleration below the frictional capacity of the tires. The Porsche has more torque (forward acceleration) and hence could reach the limits of forward traction, resulting in a tire breaking lose. Hydroplaning is a function of tire width, tread depth, weight and speed. Having AWD does nothing to prevent it, although it may help in recovery.

Quick Reply: 992 C4S vs C2S in Warm Climates