Sponsored by:

CARB State Status

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 08:42 PM
jperlinsky
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by AFis
According to my dealer, the 10/1 date is the "release for transport" (after CARB). They then have to truck cars out to dealers and all the rest, and my SA said that would take 5-10 days even with cars being at the Port of San Diego and dealer in Los Angeles. Disappointing to say the least.
UGH
Old 09-23-2019, 09:43 PM
mathus7
Racer

Received 169 Likes on 101 Posts

Still no specific reason given. On a positive (hopeful note) Porsche appears to have done a good job of getting cars to dealers in non-CARB states quickly upon EPA approval and dealers were able to deliver promptly. This observation is based upon the many delivery reports in early September reported on these forums.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:15 AM
Eugene45
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mathus7
Still no specific reason given. On a positive (hopeful note) Porsche appears to have done a good job of getting cars to dealers in non-CARB states quickly upon EPA approval and dealers were able to deliver promptly. This observation is based upon the many delivery reports in early September reported on these forums.
I'm in Ohio and my car is still stuck at the port along with numerous others from my dealership alone. Obviously that isn't CARB related and no one knows the issue dealer included.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:17 PM
sik_sd
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 12 Posts

I was told last night by a reputable source that Porsche had indeed gotten CARB approval on the 992's but then Porsche needed to do a (serious but unknown why) software update which necessitated a retest. Given VW groups recent missteps I believe this to be plausible. I was also told that the supplemental test will occur this week with cars cleared for delivery either later this week or early next week.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:43 PM
chewy08753
Racer

Received 132 Likes on 31 Posts

I’ve been told the same cars will be released on the 27th
Old 09-25-2019, 03:29 PM
mathus7
Racer

Received 169 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by sik_sd
I was told last night by a reputable source that Porsche had indeed gotten CARB approval on the 992's but then Porsche needed to do a (serious but unknown why) software update which necessitated a retest. Given VW groups recent missteps I believe this to be plausible. I was also told that the supplemental test will occur this week with cars cleared for delivery either later this week or early next week.
Any updates from your source? Still no CARB approval indicated on CARB website.
Old 09-25-2019, 03:53 PM
sik_sd
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mathus7
Any updates from your source? Still no CARB approval indicated on CARB website.
I was told Thursday or Friday for the retest.
Old 09-25-2019, 03:54 PM
Golfster
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 51 Posts

The CARB site hasn't been updated for 2020 passenger cars/light trucks classification, for any manufacturer, since 9/6. Strange.
Old 09-25-2019, 04:47 PM
AFis
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Noticed same. By comparison, looking back, at 19 days, this seems like an overly long dry spell. Guessing all other manufacturers received their approval on a timely manner (in order to start selling their 2020 model cars as they normally do before September), where Porsche seems stuck in limbo with cars pilling at ports for at least 6 weeks now and with no information forthcoming from PCNA. Good thing we're loyal, patient Porsche Heads, though that has it's limits too.

Last edited by AFis; 09-26-2019 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-26-2019, 02:50 PM
authorack
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pushed back to first week of October

My SA told me today that PCNA updated its dealer-facing website to reflect a delivery date “in the first week of October.”

If CARB releases the 992 tomorrow as expected, that makes sense. Anyone else have anything new?
Old 09-26-2019, 02:52 PM
JRoach
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Can anybody in Nevada confirm if there are cars at the dealers yet? Traveling to LV now and thought I would stop by to check it out. I looked at the website and only saw “incoming”, but they had a “sneak peek” link. Since NV isn’t 177 I thought they might have one in the showroom.
Old 09-26-2019, 03:22 PM
Technom3
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AFis
The following was sent from Porsche NA to its dealers:

“Please note that the on sale date for the CARB state 992’s has been pushed back to October 1st. Not ideal, but you can use this info to speak to your customers.”

Assuming Porsche is on the up and up (forgive the skepticism as this the the 5th time my delivery date has been pushed), and they indeed have CARB certification (assuming that is the only holdup and not a recall or?), then cars will make their way to dealers and from there to us for delivery after October 10th.

Given that all these cars are customer orders / pre-sold, certainly would be nice if Porsche NA made some sort of financial gesture as a “Thank You” for your continued loyalty and patience, and regret for any inconvenience these endless delays have caused.

Why? It's not their fault and they never made a garuntee of delivery.

They always provide estimates.

You don't have to be first and it doesn't have to be delivered in September.

Maybe next time they don't let people custom order cars and they just do inventory cars and no one gets to pick their options.

Everyone wants them delivered as fast as possible. It's in everyone's best interest
The following users liked this post:
NigelPlays (09-26-2019)
Old 09-26-2019, 03:29 PM
AFis
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Per my fabulous SA and Los Angeles based dealer, my 992 has been (drumroll) "Release for transport"! I can only interpret this as CARB approval. My car is in Port of San Diego, and I'm in Los Angeles, guessing (hoping) now 5 days for delivery. Sure everyone that's been on hold is about to get same update. Happy Day!
The following users liked this post:
G650 (09-26-2019)
Old 09-26-2019, 03:58 PM
LCB2
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts

My dealer just texted me and told me CARB was approved today and y car was part of the first shipment to Davisville and is awaiting an engine control unit update.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:00 PM
jperlinsky
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LCB2
My dealer just texted me and told me CARB was approved today and y car was part of the first shipment to Davisville and is awaiting an engine control unit update.
I think mine is also part of that first shipment, also awaiting transport to Maryland. Did the SA say how long the engine control unit update would take?

Quick Reply: CARB State Status