Sponsored by:

CARB State Status

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 12:17 AM
pelucidor
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by NigelPlays
I’ll just leave it at that instead of continuing. I hope everyone enjoys their new car. Post pics
Nigel - apologies if my reply to you was a little strident, and I admire your equanimity in light of your battery recall. I am truly happy you are getting your car soon and I would love to see pics!
The following users liked this post:
NigelPlays (09-18-2019)
Old 09-18-2019, 11:12 AM
Technom3
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AFis
Here is what I wrote to PCNA last week, and posted on the Rennlist 992 Waiting Room board. Sorry for the "rant," but reaching my limit with PCNA after now my fourth delivery date postponement with no real delivery information in sight.

- - - -

As with many of you, been waiting and waiting and waiting on any word about CARB status. According to my SA, with whom I have a 25+ year relationship, PCNA is not sharing any information. Accordingly I felt compelled to send the following email today to several of the PCNA execs through the online portal here: https://contact.porsche.com/usa/dial...ion/contactus/

Not meaning to start a deluge of complaint letters to PCNA, but find it utterly inexcusable that they would not seek to communicate with their clients (or dealers!) knowing full well our excitement and anticipation, along with (like me) a need to know when you'll have a car to "get around" in. In any event, here is what I wrote:

Kindly forward to:
Mr. Klaus Zellmer, CEO, PCNA
Mr. Joe Lawrence, COO, PCNA
Mr. Trevor Arthur, Area VP, West PCNA
Mr. Angus Fitton, VP Public Relations, PCNA
Mr. Simon Kuhnimhof, VP Customer Experience, PCNA

Through your DTLA dealership, I secured one of the first production slots (#2206946) for USA model 992C4S. This car has been produced, shipped, and now sitting at the Port of San Diego since August 13, awaiting CARB certification.

Despite numerous inquires to my sales advisor, it seems no one can give me (or him) an indication as to when my car will be delivered. Though I am sympathetic to the regulatory process involved with the State of California, I am at a loss at the complete lack of communication between Porsche, its dealers, and its customers as to where you are in the process? Not a single word in the full month since my car's arrival! I even sold my current auto based on your delivery schedule, one that has now been revised at least three or four times with no end in sight, or understanding as to what is happening!

I cannot help but interpret the lack of communication as a sign of incompetence or, at least, as a resolute lack of care by the management at PCNA. Is my business and long tenure with Porsche simply taken for granted or not valued?

So here I am at a crossroads as to what to do next. Despite the passion and loyalty I've shared with Porsche going back to my first 930 Turbo in 1986, and continuing through 33 years and seven 911's, I find myself now at a loss IF I should move on to another, better organized, more communicative and appreciative brand or continue to wait and wait and wait?

In any event, the courtesy of a reply - one which shares more concrete information on the delivery of the car I ordered - is requested.
Blame your state not Porsche. Your state officials are responsible. Porsche just has to play their game.
The following 2 users liked this post by Technom3:
992Sam (09-18-2019), TimD (09-20-2019)
Old 09-18-2019, 12:18 PM
NigelPlays
Racer

Received 227 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by pelucidor
Nigel - apologies if my reply to you was a little strident, and I admire your equanimity in light of your battery recall. I am truly happy you are getting your car soon and I would love to see pics!
All good and I hope to see your pics too. The month of September is a tough one for all of us lol
pelucidor (09-19-2019)
Old 09-19-2019, 01:16 AM
rhr992c4s
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 243 Posts

I have seen more posts from Canada about the battery recall, and at least one from the United States. I am surprised that there isn’t more discussion about the recall from the United States. I’m not sure if it’s because fewer cars are affected or because it is overshadowed by the emissions certification. I don’t really consider my car late. When I ordered in January, they said as early as August but we think it will be delayed until October. The only frustrating part is this battery issue came up at the last second after expecting late August early September since about July. I’m in Vancouver.
NigelPlays (09-19-2019)
Old 09-19-2019, 08:17 AM
not4one
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by NigelPlays
Plan a vacation. Go to the beach and relax. The car will arrive in fall 2019. No need to panic in the summer.
+1
Old 09-19-2019, 09:44 AM
Eugene45
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rhr992c4s
I have seen more posts from Canada about the battery recall, and at least one from the United States. I am surprised that there isn’t more discussion about the recall from the United States. I’m not sure if it’s because fewer cars are affected or because it is overshadowed by the emissions certification. I don’t really consider my car late. When I ordered in January, they said as early as August but we think it will be delayed until October. The only frustrating part is this battery issue came up at the last second after expecting late August early September since about July. I’m in Vancouver.
mine is stuck at the port and I am in Ohio so I know it's not CARB related. The dealership at Beachwood told me that they have 5 cars waiting on some "part" to be installed at the port.

Could these cars also have this battery issue?
Old 09-19-2019, 10:46 AM
GermanInOhio
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Eugene45
mine is stuck at the port and I am in Ohio so I know it's not CARB related. The dealership at Beachwood told me that they have 5 cars waiting on some "part" to be installed at the port.

Could these cars also have this battery issue?
I might just beat you to it ... lol ... build day next Thursday, delivery 1st week of November. What is your entry port? How long did it take from Zuffenhausen->Emden->US Port?
Old 09-19-2019, 11:10 AM
Eugene45
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GermanInOhio
I might just beat you to it ... lol ... build day next Thursday, delivery 1st week of November. What is your entry port? How long did it take from Zuffenhausen->Emden->US Port?
Im actually not sure what the entry port is but I know my car is sitting there waiting. If I knew it wouldn’t be until November I would cancel the order and either pick another dealer inventory 992 or cut my losses and go elsewhere.
Old 09-19-2019, 01:20 PM
porsche07
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Anyone have any updates? Of course my dealer hasn't returned my call from Monday.. Want to set up my travel arrangements as my dealer is in northern CA and I live in LA. It seems like this is a common experience for others on the forum though I guess. My dealer said he'd call when the car left the port and when it arrived at the destination port. No calls even though I tracked the boat and know that the car is here.. I hate to feel like I'm bothering him but it would be nice to get a call with an update. Even if the update is "no news".
G650 (09-19-2019)
Old 09-19-2019, 04:30 PM
off/lang
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

In NorCal -- My SA reached out to me today to let me know to expect delivery by end of the month. I'm taking that with a grain of salt, but finger's crossed. Any updates for other CA-based folks?
Old 09-19-2019, 05:17 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,266 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by off/lang
In NorCal -- My SA reached out to me today to let me know to expect delivery by end of the month. I'm taking that with a grain of salt, but finger's crossed. Any updates for other CA-based folks?
Oddly enough there has been a white 992 floating around here at Porsche Beverly Hills . Its obviously not certified and is likely a factory demo or something.... but I drive past the dealer 2x per day and when I've seen it it tricks me in to getting excited every time.

Last edited by slc4s; 09-19-2019 at 05:36 PM.
Old 09-19-2019, 05:34 PM
AFis
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Porsche of Downtown Los Angeles is holding their Launch Event on Wed, Sep 25th, and borrowing demo 992's from PCNA.
NigelPlays (09-19-2019)
Old 09-19-2019, 09:40 PM
pelucidor
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 80 Posts

My regular reviews over last 4 months suggests that CARB rolls out approvals roughly every two weeks. The last set of approved cars was 5th and 6th Sep so tomorrow might be the day...

https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad.../2020.php?so=4
Old 09-19-2019, 09:54 PM
AFis
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Like many of you, I check the site at least twice a day! Fingers crossed...
Old 09-19-2019, 10:34 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,685 Likes on 925 Posts

PCNA update... 9/20, not certified. 😒

Quick Reply: CARB State Status