Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CARB State Status

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 05:32 PM
NigelPlays
Racer

Received 227 Likes on 96 Posts

All of us with recalls got screwed on delivery. I would of have had better luck living in a carb state.
Old 10-12-2019, 09:35 PM
mathus7
Racer

Received 169 Likes on 101 Posts
Default Finally Arrived

Aventure Green with Iceland Green/Black leather interior.
Finally arrived.

Last edited by mathus7; 10-13-2019 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10-12-2019, 09:52 PM
off/lang
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats! Looks awesome 👍
Old 10-17-2019, 05:43 PM
mathus7
Racer

CARB approval declaration letter was finally posted on their website today. Actual approval date was September 18. Posting is one month after the fact.
Old 10-17-2019, 06:08 PM
Ms95207x
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by mathus7

Aventure Green with Iceland Green/Black leather interior.
Finally arrived.
Congratulations, she’s a beauty. My car got released for transport yesterday and should be at my dealership tomorrow. What a miserable experience.
Old 10-17-2019, 06:33 PM
rhr992c4s
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 243 Posts

miserable experience? Isn’t your car just a little late? Anything else wrong?

here’s my experience:

- Car arrives at dealer Sept 12, they phone and say there is stop-sale order on the car and lithium battery needs to be replaced before delivery.

- Lithium battery arrives Oct 8, 1 month delay. I am not allowed to view the car, haven’t yet seen the car or where it is stored.

- Evening of October 8, get phone call technicians found problem with Burmester stereo. Speaker is on backorder from Germany, do I want to delay delivery? No, speaker can be replaced later.

-Arrive at dealer excited October 9 for delivery, Jaw drops at emotional unveiling of my dream car.

- During paperwork, discover paint damage and ding in the rocker panel of car. They tell me I can take the car and bring it back next week for repair.

- Decide against delivery, will wait for repair and viewing repair before signing.

- Arrive Oct 16 at dealer to view repair, I can still see indentation in coating of rocker panel. Burmester speaker still on order.

- Oct 17. Decide to pass on the car and wait 4.5 months for another one. Three strikes and you’re out.

Do you still think your experience was miserable?
Old 10-17-2019, 06:36 PM
off/lang
Intermediate

I picked up mine yesterday and enjoyed my commute in to work with it this morning.

First impressions:
+ So so planted on the road. Amazing.
+ Really beautiful inside and out.
- The shortcut buttons and home screen tiles are much more lacking in functionality than I expected. Hopefully this is something they'll improve over time because the UX framework has a ton of potential.
- I opted for the standard steering wheel. It's much thinner than expected compared to the M steering wheel in previous car. I should have probably gone with the GT steering wheel.
= I skipped the sport exhaust and even still this thing is loud and throaty. Much more than I expected.

Old 10-17-2019, 07:40 PM
mathus7
Racer

What interior color did you pair with your Aventure Green exterior? I went with the Black/Iceland Green.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:35 PM
off/lang
Intermediate

Mine is Black/Mojave Beige. I'm pretty happy with it. From the pictures I've seen the Black/Iceland Green looks great. Do you like it?
Old 10-17-2019, 08:41 PM
off/lang
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rhr992c4s

here’s my experience:

- Car arrives at dealer Sept 12, they phone and say there is stop-sale order on the car and lithium battery needs to be replaced before delivery.

- Lithium battery arrives Oct 8, 1 month delay. I am not allowed to view the car, haven’t yet seen the car or where it is stored.

- Evening of October 8, get phone call technicians found problem with Burmester stereo. Speaker is on backorder from Germany, do I want to delay delivery? No, speaker can be replaced later.

-Arrive at dealer excited October 9 for delivery, Jaw drops at emotional unveiling of my dream car.

- During paperwork, discover paint damage and ding in the rocker panel of car. They tell me I can take the car and bring it back next week for repair.

- Decide against delivery, will wait for repair and viewing repair before signing.

- Arrive Oct 16 at dealer to view repair, I can still see indentation in coating of rocker panel. Burmester speaker still on order.

- Oct 17. Decide to pass on the car and wait 4.5 months for another one. Three strikes and you’re out.

Yeah that's miserable indeed! So sorry for you!
Old 10-17-2019, 09:20 PM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Received 347 Likes on 241 Posts

here’s my experience:

I saw this on your other thread. I'm with you on your decision. I would have done the same thing!

Hopefully the process is much better this time.. and I'm 110% sure they'll still be able to sell your first one without losing anything. So I definitely wouldn’t feel bad about your decision.

Last edited by jkautz; 10-17-2019 at 10:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
rhr992c4s (10-17-2019)
Old 10-17-2019, 10:04 PM
Ms95207x
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by off/lang
Congrats! Looks awesome 👍

Yes, but your experience is worse then miserable. It is downright dreadful.
The following users liked this post:
rhr992c4s (10-17-2019)
Old 10-18-2019, 12:11 AM
mathus7
Racer

Originally Posted by off/lang
Mine is Black/Mojave Beige. I'm pretty happy with it. From the pictures I've seen the Black/Iceland Green looks great. Do you like it?
Like it but I am favorable for warm tones on interior. My other 911 has sand beige interior. I originally planned on truffle brown but went with the black/green. In the end the car is fantastic and any interior is great. A color coordinated interior is rare these days so I went with the subtle green.

Last edited by mathus7; 10-18-2019 at 12:59 AM.

Quick Reply: CARB State Status