Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2022, 06:53 PM
Hinz Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 324 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by Tobeit
There is some of that, likely, but now that I have the Hawks Ceramic my wheels stay clean even though my iron rotors are all rusty after I wash the car (and typically park it). So, same rusty rotors as before I swapped the pads but wheels now stay clean.
It sounds like you are pleased with the reduction in brake dust which is great (and expected). How are the pads performing in terms of bite/noise compared to your old stock pads?

HINZ MOTORSPORT
Race Parts & Accessories for your PORSCHE
www.HinzMotorsport.com
Call: 414-212-5679
Email: rick@hinzmotorsport.com
Old 12-21-2022, 07:40 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,516 Likes on 744 Posts

Originally Posted by Hinz Motorsport
It sounds like you are pleased with the reduction in brake dust which is great (and expected). How are the pads performing in terms of bite/noise compared to your old stock pads?
dust - night and day
noise - none
performance - a little bit reduced/less bite but its small difference and almost insignificant for street use, normal driving.
I have not gone on the track or some street racing. Just daily use and the occasional sporty corner taking, acceleration and sharp but not emergency style braking use.
So, for what I use the car for I take this every time as it simply makes my driving experience 100 times more pleasant knowing I don't need to look at those brown wheels again even after just one day use.

The following users liked this post:
Patriot (12-22-2022)
Old 07-02-2023, 01:22 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,995 Likes on 812 Posts

I've had the Hawk Ceramic brake pads on my 992 S for a week and about 90 miles of mainly non-highway (lots of braking) driving. I can confirm that these pads have significantly less dust than stock. Without exaggerating, I'd say they generate maybe 5-10% as much dust as stock pads. With stock pads, if I drove my car for 90 miles, the rims would definitely no longer look shiny - rears in particular. As for performance, they are fine for the street. Initially, they felt like they did not bite as hard as stock pads on regular application and required a bit more pedal pressure for the same amt of braking force. However, they stopped without issue when I tried some hard panic stops from about 70 mph. Now, after a week of driving, they feel normal - likely b/c I'm just used to them now... or maybe they did bed/break in more. They do not make any unusual squeaking noises or have any other negative issues that I can see.

I swiped my finger on both front and rear rims after 90 miles of driving and this is how little dust these pads generate. Pretty amazing IMO. You can barely see the dust on my fingers and the rims still look completely shiny like they were just washed:

Front rim:

Rear rim:

The following 4 users liked this post by AlterZgo:
Go Bruins (07-02-2023), Ray K. (07-02-2023), reddsektor (07-02-2023), SamD (07-04-2023)
Old 07-02-2023, 01:58 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,516 Likes on 744 Posts

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
I've had the Hawk Ceramic brake pads on my 992 S for a week and about 90 miles of mainly non-highway (lots of braking) driving. I can confirm that these pads have significantly less dust than stock. Without exaggerating, I'd say they generate maybe 5-10% as much dust as stock pads. With stock pads, if I drove my car for 90 miles, the rims would definitely no longer look shiny - rears in particular. As for performance, they are fine for the street. Initially, they felt like they did not bite as hard as stock pads on regular application and required a bit more pedal pressure for the same amt of braking force. However, they stopped without issue when I tried some hard panic stops from about 70 mph. Now, after a week of driving, they feel normal - likely b/c I'm just used to them now... or maybe they did bed/break in more. They do not make any unusual squeaking noises or have any other negative issues that I can see.

I swiped my finger on both front and rear rims after 90 miles of driving and this is how little dust these pads generate. Pretty amazing IMO. You can barely see the dust on my fingers and the rims still look completely shiny like they were just washed:

Front rim:

Rear rim:

That's my experience too as I mentioned multiple times on this forum. This is one of the best "mods" I did as it makes driving much more enjoyable to me and also opens up what kind of wheels you can put on (vs only wheels that are easy to clean).
Old 07-02-2023, 11:16 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Received 4,067 Likes on 1,762 Posts

Originally Posted by AlterZgo

Please confirm which pads you're referring to exactly.
TIA.
Old 07-03-2023, 12:28 AM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 2,144 Likes on 1,186 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
TIA.
Hawk. Part numbers are posted above. Why are these not available for the GTS? Is it cause the GTS acceleration vs S is so superior Hawk ceramics will not be able to produce legitimate stopping power? Muhahhaha
Old 07-03-2023, 09:19 AM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

GTS uses different brakes than GT4
Old 07-03-2023, 08:05 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,995 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
TIA.
As noted by @westsiderkg

992 Carrera S/4S
The Front Hawk pad shape: HB848Z.646
The Rear Hawk pad shape: HB807Z.587

Of course, since you have a GTS, you will have to source 992 turbo pads as I think you have the same brakes as a turbo. You can also reach out to @KNSBrakes or Rick @Hinz Motorsport to see if they can source the right pads for your GTS.
Old 07-03-2023, 11:13 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Thanks. KNS helped be get my Carbotech pads, and it took multiple tries. I presume he'll be able to get the right Hawks now that we know what fits.

The GTS pads are a mix front and rear of other 911 pads.

Quick Reply: Brake dust