Discounts on 992’s being ordered

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2019, 01:00 PM
PorscheMeister42
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Lionel Gracia
Wow!! Pretty strong words there

the 4% was agreed to several months ago when the demand seemed to be higher. Had I walked in today, I would expect a better discount.
look, don’t get me wrong, I don’t expect the dealership to give it away, and off course they need to make a profit and I want them to. I’m a business owner so I understand. profit margins on what I sell go up and down based on demand so that’s all I was alluding to.

At the end of the day, I will go home happy with new 911 and won’t look back!
As a business owner, you should understand reneging and why it’s just not in any way, shape, or form appropriate. Your word is either your word or it isn’t. I’m sure somewhere there is a documented “agreement” between you and the store at the price you agreed to pay. Pay it. Haggling over $500-$1000-$1500 more...that really going to make your 911 ownership that much better 4-5-6 years from now? C’mon now.
The following 2 users liked this post by PorscheMeister42:
moomin (12-25-2019), Ukkid74 (12-25-2019)
Old 12-21-2019, 01:24 PM
Lionel Gracia
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

BYW, we actually don’t have a signed agreement but we did verbally agree at 4% discount.
Thanks for knocking sense into me before I head to the dealership. If that’s what we agreed on? I will go home happy with a beautiful new 911 at our agreed price. Thanks
The following 3 users liked this post by Lionel Gracia:
ElMills (12-21-2019), Hp12c (01-11-2020), PorscheMeister42 (12-21-2019)
Old 12-21-2019, 03:14 PM
PorscheMeister42
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Lionel Gracia
BYW, we actually don’t have a signed agreement but we did verbally agree at 4% discount.
Thanks for knocking sense into me before I head to the dealership. If that’s what we agreed on? I will go home happy with a beautiful new 911 at our agreed price. Thanks
Make sure you get us some photos of the delivery! Special day during a great time of the year! Enjoy the day!
Old 12-21-2019, 07:11 PM
moomin
Instructor

Received 183 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Caliporsche
Abut so many lease haters on here
It's not that there are lease haters. It's that leasing a 992 is so much worse financially than buying, unless you can write it off. No offense, but from the number of posts you've made on the subject, it sounds like the 992 is out of your price range.
Old 12-22-2019, 12:01 AM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by moomin
It's not that there are lease haters. It's that leasing a 992 is so much worse financially than buying, unless you can write it off. No offense, but from the number of posts you've made on the subject, it sounds like the 992 is out of your price range.
So you can't write off a car that you buy or finance? No matter how you pay for it, make sure you have a very good reason for the IRS to write off a 992. The money factor on a 992 does suck. The residual may be more realistic relative to where things may be in three years. Does our record bull market keep going another three years? 7 year auto loans are the new norm now. How do you think that affects used car prices if the market slows. PFS is guaranteeing you can turn in your 992 in three years for 58% of the MSRP even if it was in an accident and repaired. When you buy or finance, your car sells for market rate for better or worse. Maybe look at the higher money factor as an insurance premium. Just another way to look at the current 992 lease.
The following 2 users liked this post by daddyscar:
justabout (12-25-2019), sexfiend (12-22-2019)
Old 12-22-2019, 12:40 AM
sexfiend
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

As usual, in this world, the truthful comments are down voted or non-voted and the run-of-the mill, cliche responses are liked by the average masses.
Old 12-22-2019, 01:53 AM
moomin
Instructor

Originally Posted by daddyscar
So you can't write off a car that you buy or finance? No matter how you pay for it, make sure you have a very good reason for the IRS to write off a 992. .
I'm not making a case for writing off a car purchase. My point is leasing a 992 is BAD, not as bad if you can write it off. In some cases it's easier to write off a lease vs a loan

T Does our record bull market keep going another three years? 7 year auto loans are the new norm now. How do you think that affects used car prices if the market slows. PFS is guaranteeing you can turn in your 992 in three years for 58% of the MSRP even if it was in an accident and repaired. When you buy or finance, your car sells for market rate for better or worse. Maybe look at the higher money factor as an insurance premium. Just another way to look at the current 992 lease
Lot's of run on sentances. Let me be clear on my position; I'm not a fan of debt and don't buy things I can't afford. I've also leased tons of cars. I know leasing well. The subject has been beaten to death here already too. BMW/Benz are often great to lease due to attractive MF, subverted residuals, and incentives. I've never seen a lease deal on a 992 that wasn't terrible. My original comment is aimed at a user who if you are familiar with his post history you might understand.
The following users liked this post:
Freddie Two Bs (12-22-2019)
Old 12-22-2019, 02:34 AM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

My grammar isn't perfect but where's my run on sentence? BMW/Benz have great lease terms on their high volume cars, but current ones on their high end models are probably crap too.

Current 992 leases are terrible unless the market isn't as robust in three years. A new 992 will depreciate at the same rate in the next three years no matter how you pay for it. Leasing may cost less after three years which wouldn't be terrible.
Old 12-22-2019, 03:58 AM
moomin
Instructor

Current 992 leases are terrible unless the market isn't as robust in three years. A new 992 will depreciate at the same rate in the next three years no matter how you pay for it. Leasing may cost less after three years which wouldn't be terrible.
I doubt it, but if you're right that's a gamble. The last lease deal posted here was somewhere in the region of paying $78,000 on a $130k car. One of the biggest issues is most of the options residualize to 0.

I wish the 992 made sense to lease. To allude to a point you made earlier, fender benders and dv claims aren't a worry.

Old 12-22-2019, 08:41 AM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by daddyscar
My grammar isn't perfect but where's my run on sentence? BMW/Benz have great lease terms on their high volume cars, but current ones on their high end models are probably crap too.

I bet if you asked anyone who follows the Porsche market if they'd take the over or under on 58% residual in three years, pretty much anyone would take the over. Accepting such a depressed value - a $150k sticker car being worth less than $90k - should represent in and of itself an "insurance" against the end of the bull market, and then some. You shouldn't have to pay loan shark level of interest on top. Terrible deal all around unless you have tax advantages.
Old 12-22-2019, 11:16 AM
ST BERNARD
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
I bet if you asked anyone who follows the Porsche market if they'd take the over or under on 58% residual in three years, pretty much anyone would take the over. Accepting such a depressed value - a $150k sticker car being worth less than $90k - should represent in and of itself an "insurance" against the end of the bull market, and then some. You shouldn't have to pay loan shark level of interest on top. Terrible deal all around unless you have tax advantages.
i am not saying Leasing is good. I would not do it. However, if the Stock Market(S&P 500) continued as it has for the last three years you would have made $63k on your $150k cash payment. Obviously that is a big ‘IF’” for the next three years.
Old 12-22-2019, 11:57 AM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by moomin
I doubt it, but if you're right that's a gamble. The last lease deal posted here was somewhere in the region of paying $78,000 on a $130k car. One of the biggest issues is most of the options residualize to 0.

I wish the 992 made sense to lease. To allude to a point you made earlier, fender benders and dv claims aren't a worry.
You don’t get your money back on highly optioned 992’s that you pay with cash with either or we’d all be checking the ceramic brake box.
Old 12-22-2019, 12:20 PM
daddyscar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
That’s the problem, this bull market makes us all feel like a genius. If the market is still rocking and your 992 is worth more than the residual, you don’t have to just turn it back into Porsche. You can try to work the equity into your 992.2 order. You will have paid a higher interest rate on the portion that depreciated in the lease. But the 992 will have the same market value no matter how it was paid. I think Porsche set the residual just right on the 992. Fewer people are leasing the 992 which is probably better for them.
Old 12-25-2019, 12:41 AM
MFC993
Racer

Received 124 Likes on 77 Posts

Since I am sitting here watching Christmas Story it occurs to me that when it comes to dealers they know there will always be another new model of Red Ryder BB Gun coming out so it is in their best interests to keep the inventory moving as each new vehicle represents a percentage of profit.
Therefore barring a highly unlikely complete feeding frenzy they will always be willing to deal.
Just have to find the ones that want to deal the most and more often than not it is a target rich opportunity.
Ralphie wishes y'all good hunting lol.
Merry Christmas

Old 12-25-2019, 08:51 AM
Mercyhealth
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

As a multiple new Porsche purchaser I demand and get 5% discount on the MSRP found in the car configurable MSRPs. Maybe that not enough maybe too much. I feel both sides have to walk away happy. Everyone must commerce or this whole thing does not work.
The following users liked this post:
mferris (12-25-2019)

Quick Reply: Discounts on 992’s being ordered