Received 3,434 Likes on 2,348 Posts

The S will always be better for resale.
Old 12-13-2019, 12:31 PM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Received 347 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Allan A
Hello All,

Thoughts on this, I already have a 2015 C2/2007 GT3 RS and I love both cars. I really don't see the need to go with the"S" when I replace the 2015 C2. I am not driving it on the track just around town and to Tahoe. Do you really think its worth the extra money for a S? 379 HP is plenty, I have 350 now and it doesn't bother me. But for resale is the S worth the extra? Cant seem to decide.

Allan
Depends on if you want to spring for the extra options. The only reason I see to get an S, would be for 64HP and larger brakes.. do you want SPASM, PDCC & RAS? If you don’t (like I didn’t), then the base is a wise choice.

I took that $16k in savings, and upgraded to PCCB’s and sport design front & sides. So for me, I would of paid extra for 64HP, which isn’t worth it when you see all the quality tuning programs available. And if the extra power is important, you can tune after warranty.

A lot to consider, but if you do want the extra options the S opens up, then you have no choice but to go with it. (Especially if you want a manual transmission).

Keep in mind though, you opt for SPASM, extra $1k.. RAS, extra $2k.. and PDCC which forces you to add RAS, extra $5k total.. so you’ll be paying $16k for 64HP, bigger brakes, and potentially another $6k+ on top of it for the add-ons..

Hard pass

Old 12-13-2019, 12:36 PM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
The S will always be better for resale.
Agreed.

Just like the GTS resale will be better than an S, and Turbo will be better than a GTS, and the GT3 will be better than the Turbo.

It will never end lol
Old 12-13-2019, 01:02 PM
moomin
Instructor

Received 183 Likes on 74 Posts

Hello All,

Thoughts on this, I already have a 2015 C2/2007 GT3 RS and I love both cars. I really don't see the need to go with the"S" when I replace the 2015 C2. I am not driving it on the track just around town and to Tahoe. Do you really think its worth the extra money for a S? 379 HP is plenty, I have 350 now and it doesn't bother me. But for resale is the S worth the extra? Cant seem to decide.

Allan
Depends if you want MT. I went with this S partly because I need a manual, and I don't want to wait for Porsche to trickle it down to the base. Also, the extra HP, better Diff and engine mounts seem worth it.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:06 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 266 Likes on 167 Posts

Hello All,

Allan
This sounds like rationalization one uses to justify a new 992 to a wife or significant other. This is a car enthusiast website. You definitely NEED the S and 64 more hp. Spend more. You'll definitely be happier in the long run. Just don't pile on the unnecessary options that will decrease resale value later on.
Old 12-13-2019, 02:07 PM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
This sounds like rationalization one uses to justify a new 992 to a wife or significant other. This is a car enthusiast website. You definitely NEED the S and 64 more hp. Spend more. You'll definitely be happier in the long run. Just don't pile on the unnecessary options that will decrease resale value later on.
Haha! This was good. So then all S owners NEED a GTS?

Old 12-13-2019, 02:56 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 356 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by jkautz
Agreed.

Just like the GTS resale will be better than an S, and Turbo will be better than a GTS, and the GT3 will be better than the Turbo.

It will never end lol
agree except for turbo. historically the depreciation on them has been abysmal. the S and GTS will hold value better than a turbo or turbo s. and yes, nothing holds value close to the real GT cars (GT3, GT2). the gt3 Touring seems to especially depreciation-resistant.
Old 12-13-2019, 03:58 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,135 Likes on 3,006 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobby 911
agree except for turbo. historically the depreciation on them has been abysmal. the S and GTS will hold value better than a turbo or turbo s. and yes, nothing holds value close to the real GT cars (GT3, GT2). the gt3 Touring seems to especially depreciation-resistant.
Yes, depreciation of the Turbo blows goats. The 991 GT cars will continue to hold their value until the 992 GT cars are formally announced. Not even the GT3 Touring will be immune at that point.
Old 12-13-2019, 04:25 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,434 Likes on 2,348 Posts

Originally Posted by jkautz
Agreed.

It will never end lol
Not for me since I only wanted a manual that had a drop top, and at that time the Targa GTS was the best I could get from Porsche. Since then the Speedster has come out and I have seriously considered one on & off for a while but I have done a lot to my car and besides, I have grown to really like turbos.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bob Z.:
detansinn (12-13-2019), jkautz (12-13-2019)
Old 12-13-2019, 05:45 PM
gcurnew
Rennlist Member

Received 1,629 Likes on 783 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
The 4s coupe and actually carrera 4 configurable allocations are rare yeah, which is kind of strange but it seems Porsche isn't building that many of them at least for 2020. Kind of nuts.
Got a C4 allocation just for the asking, but it's the first one our dealership received. So far, dealer-ordered cars are mostly S variants. We'll see in the next few months the market appetite for C2 and C4 cars, but my guess is they will be very popular. My wife and I have ALWAYS been in the "order the highest spec" camp, but not with the 992. Base cars are the "bargains" in our view and provide more real-world street performance than can be reasonably used in North America. If I was still tracking I'd probably want a 2wd S, but with the base cars showing performance matching S versions of the 991.2, and no difference in body style, it's harder to rationalize the S for street duty.
Old 12-14-2019, 09:17 PM
Allan A
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok I’m thinking now, I would only order with PCCB love them.
The following 2 users liked this post by Allan A:
992Sam (12-21-2019), jkautz (12-14-2019)
Old 12-19-2019, 11:06 PM
Caliporsche
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 39 Posts

Any discounts on 992 in southern california dealerships? Looking to get a S model for under 130k. Would love to lease and save some money, but so many lease haters on here that I cannot even decide what to do. Looking for a discounted 2020 lol. I only ask for glass sunroof. Color, other specs arent that important. I can swap wheels and wrap a car if i must. Thanks guys!
Old 12-21-2019, 10:47 AM
Lionel Gracia
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I’m picking up my car today and expecting a 4% discount that was offered and hoping to get a little better. Has anyone seen deeper discounts on 992 orders?

As far as Southern California dealers go, I contacted Riverside Porsche last week and they would matched the 4% discount that I’m getting in Utah even though they started at 2/% discount. Worth giving them a shot.
Old 12-21-2019, 12:10 PM
PorscheMeister42
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Lionel Gracia
I’m picking up my car today and expecting a 4% discount that was offered and hoping to get a little better. Has anyone seen deeper discounts on 992 orders?

As far as Southern California dealers go, I contacted Riverside Porsche last week and they would matched the 4% discount that I’m getting in Utah even though they started at 2/% discount. Worth giving them a shot.
I can’t believe you’re even asking this question. Be a man of your word and buy the damn car at the price you agreed to when placing the order. Renegotiating at the time of delivery looks really bad for yourself. If you weren’t happy with 4% months ago when you placed the order, you should have brought that up then. Don’t be an ***, you’re buying a 911, you can afford the current price, enjoy the day and take home your new car.
The following users liked this post:
moomin (12-25-2019)
Old 12-21-2019, 12:29 PM
Lionel Gracia
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow!! Pretty strong words there

the 4% was agreed to several months ago when the demand seemed to be higher. Had I walked in today, I would expect a better discount.
look, don’t get me wrong, I don’t expect the dealership to give it away, and off course they need to make a profit and I want them to. I’m a business owner so I understand. profit margins on what I sell go up and down based on demand so that’s all I was alluding to.

At the end of the day, I will go home happy with new 911 and won’t look back!

Quick Reply: Discounts on 992’s being ordered