Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2023 | 09:45 PM
alin2
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by elp_jc
Hey gang, just hung up with Porsche Austin, and apparently they can do strictly MSRP on a base 911 (optioned to $135K+). Any idea what is the realistic time to wait from ordering to delivery? Just want to have an idea from owners who have done that. I don't trust dealers, since they typically tell you much earlier, just to make the sale. And especially in this case, where I don't know them at all. Thank you.
My order locked 4/21 and am tentatively scheduled to take delivery in early to mid July which is ~3 weeks delayed from original timeline.
Old 06-13-2023 | 09:57 PM
JCtx
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Alex.In.M0tion
Hey, assuming that an allocation is available right now, you are looking anywhere between 4-5 month if everything goes smoothly, to possibly 8 month if there are issues with part shortages, shipping port backups etc. if there is one available at MSRP and it’s close to what you want, you should go for it.
I'm going to stop by once there (I'll get there on Friday), but I think it has to be an order. Plus I want to order it, since I don't want a sun/moon-roof, plus don't want to pay for stuff I don't want, nor sacrifice options I want (he he). And don't really need it now anyway (want it once we move to the Hill Country in a few months). Anyway, I built it the least expensive way, but with the necessary luxury and performance options IMO. Here's my build: https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRWLZ149 . Feel free to comment if you'd add or delete something, to consider it. There's one option that I really wanted from the 991.2s: Acoustic package, which included extra insulation to reduce road and wind noise, besides double-pane side front side glass. Now it's just 'acoustic glass', BUT, seems like it was meant to save weight, rather than reduce noise, as even the windshield is thinner... and I do NOT want that here. Ha ha. And no mention of extra insulation. Will start a thread on that subject to gather more information.

Originally Posted by Ryan993
5-6 mos from order lock
Thank you very much. So need to ask if dealer has an actual allocation, or I'd just be put on a waiting list. And if the latter, what kind of time frame to get the allocation. Thank you all for your great help.

Last edited by JCtx; 06-13-2023 at 09:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
wrksaf912 (06-14-2023)
Old 06-13-2023 | 10:41 PM
Alex.In.M0tion
Racer

I'm going to stop by once there (I'll get there on Friday), but I think it has to be an order. Plus I want to order it, since I don't want a sun/moon-roof, plus don't want to pay for stuff I don't want, nor sacrifice options I want (he he). And don't really need it now anyway (want it once we move to the Hill Country in a few months). Anyway, I built it the least expensive way, but with the necessary luxury and performance options IMO. Here's my build: https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRWLZ149 . Feel free to comment if you'd add or delete something, to consider it. There's one option that I really wanted from the 991.2s: Acoustic package, which included extra insulation to reduce road and wind noise, besides double-pane side front side glass. Now it's just 'acoustic glass', BUT, seems like it was meant to save weight, rather than reduce noise, as even the windshield is thinner... and I do NOT want that here. Ha ha. And no mention of extra insulation. Will start a thread on that subject to gather more information.

Thank you very much. So need to ask if dealer has an actual allocation, or I'd just be put on a waiting list. And if the latter, what kind of time frame to get the allocation. Thank you all for your great help.
It’s your car, you can’t go wrong with building one and waiting if you have the patience, totally worth it. Get the options that you want, it makes it that much more special. Assuming you have all the performance option you want on lockdown, I would recommend getting racing yellow seatbelts, clock, and central tachometer you will not regret spending few extra $ on it. Deviated seatbelts, especially in yellow, look very nice! People say they get dirty, but that was not my experience. I had chalk in my last Porsche and never had any issues.

I miss Hill Country, I used to live out in west Austin, taking those roads out by lake travis, Lakeway, and going down to Drip was a lot of fun!

Yes, make sure they actually have an allocation and you get a commission number, not just put in a demand order. They can try to estimate how long the wait would be based on their current list, but they can never know for sure.

Last edited by Alex.In.M0tion; 06-13-2023 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-13-2023 | 11:43 PM
Gt_4life
Intermediate

Anyone else as crazy as me and watching the weather in North Atlantic? Siem Cicero having to deal with some rough water. I wonder how bad it needs to be to rock these carriers to any level of concern? I’m sure it needs to be pretty bad.
Old 06-14-2023 | 12:16 AM
Just J
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gt_4life
Anyone else as crazy as me and watching the weather in North Atlantic? Siem Cicero having to deal with some rough water. I wonder how bad it needs to be to rock these carriers to any level of concern? I’m sure it needs to be pretty bad.
Flashback to when the Felicity Ace burned and sank, taking a bunch of VAG vehicles down with it, while at about the same time the SFL Composer crew was calling Mayday and preparing to abandon ship due to rough seas, during which at least one Porsche got loose and proceeded to bounce around the deck damaging a whole bunch of cars.

Last edited by Just J; 06-14-2023 at 12:19 AM.
Old 06-14-2023 | 12:26 AM
Shooter992C2S
Advanced

Here ya go.........

Old 06-14-2023 | 01:36 AM
electricborn
Instructor

​​​​​​Are you looking at data about how the Siem Cicero is being affected, or are you just looking at a weather map?

My hunch is it would take a pretty crazy storm to have much impact.

Incidents are extremely rare. Only 8 in the last 20 years according to this article: https://www.autoweek.com/news/indust...-such-trouble/

Considering how many shipments there are every year, and the number of ships in the ocean at any given time, that's a pretty damn low number.
Gt_4life (06-14-2023)
Old 06-14-2023 | 01:53 AM
JCtx
Three Wheelin'

Just noticed this 992 order thread is on page 992. Hopefully good luck. Ha ha.
The following 6 users liked this post by JCtx:
antsy (06-14-2023), electricborn (06-14-2023), RedBiker (06-14-2023), Spiffx (06-14-2023), tbridge (06-14-2023), vintage38 (06-14-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-14-2023 | 03:09 AM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sam L
@SS22 I see. Hopefully we'll get on the next one, but according to another schedule posted as post#14847, it looks like we'll have to wait until June 25th.
Yea I think Glovis Sunlight is the most likely ship but I’m just being (probably hopelessly) optimistic that we could get in an earlier ship.
Old 06-14-2023 | 03:34 AM
Just J
Rennlist Member

Now I understand why the SFL Conductor went so far south before turning east to cross the Atlantic.
RedBiker (06-14-2023)
Old 06-14-2023 | 07:05 AM
Alex.In.M0tion
Racer

Originally Posted by Just J
Flashback to when the Felicity Ace burned and sank, taking a bunch of VAG vehicles down with it, while at about the same time the SFL Composer crew was calling Mayday and preparing to abandon ship due to rough seas, during which at least one Porsche got loose and proceeded to bounce around the deck damaging a whole bunch of cars.
My last car was at the port and missed the Ace, then landed on Composer when this happened. They didn’t say anything to people for 4 weeks while they were inspecting cars for damage at the port. And there was no way to know for sure if the car was damaged and they fixed it, or if it was fine. Those 4 weeks of unknown were the worst!
Just J (06-14-2023)
Old 06-14-2023 | 09:07 AM
Gt_4life
Intermediate

Originally Posted by electricborn
​​​​​​Are you looking at data about how the Siem Cicero is being affected, or are you just looking at a weather map?

My hunch is it would take a pretty crazy storm to have much impact.

Incidents are extremely rare. Only 8 in the last 20 years according to this article: https://www.autoweek.com/news/indust...-such-trouble/

Considering how many shipments there are every year, and the number of ships in the ocean at any given time, that's a pretty damn low number.
Looking at the weather. Thx for the insight
Old 06-14-2023 | 09:42 AM
fantom557
Rennlist Member

My car is on its way yo the port in Germany what are the odds for a delay?
Old 06-14-2023 | 09:46 AM
tbridge
Intermediate

Just noticed this 992 order thread is on page 992. Hopefully good luck. Ha ha.
It was for me! My Targa GTS started production today!
Old 06-14-2023 | 10:15 AM
marcus1249
Racer

My TYD just just got updated to a 6/28 departure with a 7/12 arrival in Davisville, looks like that would put me on the Supreme Ace, are these typically fairly accurate?

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!