Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2023, 10:20 AM
Spiffx
Pro

Received 702 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by rickstd
The obligatory graduation from this thread post!

Took delivery yesterday and am thrilled with this car. Perfect all the way around. All in all it was about two months delayed from the initial estimate on delivery. I got pretty lucky in that once it started production it was done and at Emden pretty quickly. Sat in Emden four weeks but once it hit JAX it was in my garage 8 days later. Hendrick Porsche Charlotte has been great.

Good luck to all of you!!
Wow, wow, wow! What a beauty! Congratulations!

It’s that Oslo blue?
Old 05-20-2023, 10:49 AM
rickstd
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiffx
Wow, wow, wow! What a beauty! Congratulations!

It’s that Oslo blue?
Yes!
The following 2 users liked this post by rickstd:
kvb968 (05-21-2023), Spiffx (05-20-2023)
Old 05-20-2023, 11:24 AM
Spiffx
Pro

Yes!
Delightful! Congrats again! Totally dream spec!
Old 05-20-2023, 11:42 AM
alin2
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 264 Posts

The obligatory graduation from this thread post!

Took delivery yesterday and am thrilled with this car. Perfect all the way around. All in all it was about two months delayed from the initial estimate on delivery. I got pretty lucky in that once it started production it was done and at Emden pretty quickly. Sat in Emden four weeks but once it hit JAX it was in my garage 8 days later. Hendrick Porsche Charlotte has been great.

Good luck to all of you!!
Absolutely stunning. Congratulations!
Old 05-20-2023, 11:44 AM
alin2
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by joshua4694
woke up to this , my SA blew up my phone
BTW, is that the CF roof?
Old 05-20-2023, 11:58 AM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts

Love that color, congrats!
Old 05-20-2023, 12:02 PM
vintage38
Racer

Received 552 Likes on 218 Posts

Lucky dog, a Targa !
Seeing these posts gives us all hope. Congrats and Enjoy.

Last edited by vintage38; 05-20-2023 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-20-2023, 03:03 PM
dadjax
Intermediate

Received 66 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharkblue982
My car is also in route to Emden with Baltimore as US destination port. As much as I would love to hope that it makes Siem Aristotle, it is highly unlikely. My last car was in Emden for 29 days prior to catching a ship. No missing parts, just typical wait. Based on what I've seen others post here, this still seems to be be the usual timeline.
This sounds pretty accurate. I have been in Emden since April 24th so hoping this theory holds true. One thing many seem to be not thinking about is the dealers are all clamoring for vehicles to sell…..Macans, Cayennes, even the occasional Taycan. They get first dibs for spots on the boat. We get the overflow on the boat as that sell is guaranteed whenever it shows up. Supply and demand.
The following users liked this post:
Alex.In.M0tion (05-20-2023)
Old 05-20-2023, 03:36 PM
Spiffx
Pro

Originally Posted by dadjax
This sounds pretty accurate. I have been in Emden since April 24th so hoping this theory holds true. One thing many seem to be not thinking about is the dealers are all clamoring for vehicles to sell…..Macans, Cayennes, even the occasional Taycan. They get first dibs for spots on the boat. We get the overflow on the boat as that sell is guaranteed whenever it shows up. Supply and demand.
Not sure… they don’t get any money until the car is delivered.
Cartod (05-20-2023)
Old 05-20-2023, 03:51 PM
Radiationman
Racer

Received 359 Likes on 157 Posts

Yeah, pretty sure that's not at all how it works. Yes, dealers are clamoring for inventory - but Porsche doesn't care if they're moving an unsold vehicle or a custom order - either way it's a car that needs to be sold. Even a car that is a custom order isn't technically a "sold" vehicle until the papers are signed and it's delivered to the customer. Also regardless of whether a dealer sells a car they ordered on spec or one that they ordered for a customer it counts as a single vehicle sold. One doesn't get priority over the other.

The delays in Emden aren't because Porsche is prioritizing some vehicles for shipment over others. The port is backlogged and they're not necessarily moving cars out via a First In First Out system - they appear to be moving cars based on which they can get to first.
minn19 (05-20-2023)
Old 05-20-2023, 04:10 PM
Ryan993
Instructor

Received 141 Likes on 51 Posts
Default 4/14

Originally Posted by SS22
Thanks for sharing. My GTS started production 4/18 and still hasn’t completed. I’m curious if getting the gift box might mean my production was completed despite TYD not updating to show that?
that might explain why mine has been at Emden since 4/14
Old 05-20-2023, 04:25 PM
dadjax
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Radiationman
Yeah, pretty sure that's not at all how it works. Yes, dealers are clamoring for inventory - but Porsche doesn't care if they're moving an unsold vehicle or a custom order - either way it's a car that needs to be sold. Even a car that is a custom order isn't technically a "sold" vehicle until the papers are signed and it's delivered to the customer. Also regardless of whether a dealer sells a car they ordered on spec or one that they ordered for a customer it counts as a single vehicle sold. One doesn't get priority over the other.

The delays in Emden aren't because Porsche is prioritizing some vehicles for shipment over others. The port is backlogged and they're not necessarily moving cars out via a First In First Out system - they appear to be moving cars based on which they can get to first.
sounds good in theory, but have you seen other cars showing at the dealer lots recently? Or maybe they have been sitting at the docks waiting as well. I do agree with your point that there does not seem to be a pattern. I’m a conspiracy theorist so I do not trust that there is not an agenda. It could be luck of the draw, but that is disappointing if it really is the case.
Old 05-20-2023, 04:35 PM
Spiffx
Pro

sounds good in theory, but have you seen other cars showing at the dealer lots recently? Or maybe they have been sitting at the docks waiting as well. I do agree with your point that there does not seem to be a pattern. I’m a conspiracy theorist so I do not trust that there is not an agenda. It could be luck of the draw, but that is disappointing if it really is the case.
You give these guys too much credit. It’s a mad mess at the port. There are news articles about it. It’s completely random. Both sold and unsold cars are being transported. Both are also being left behind.
grg1 (05-20-2023)
Old 05-20-2023, 05:02 PM
dadjax
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Spiffx
You give these guys too much credit. It’s a mad mess at the port. There are news articles about it. It’s completely random. Both sold and unsold cars are being transported. Both are also being left behind.
You might be right. My dealings with other traffic and logistics people have been with those good at what they do. I suppose it could be left to the non professionals where you get what you get. Either way, nothing we can do to improve the situation today or tomorrow. So we patiently wait……woosaa!
Old 05-20-2023, 05:26 PM
Radiationman
Racer

Received 359 Likes on 157 Posts

New cars? Not really....

My local VW dealer has more new cars on their lot than they've had since the pandemic - and you can count them on two hands and have fingers left over. They have about double that in used cars. The same for the local Nissan and Chevy dealers too. The Porsche dealerships around here - they only have used cars on their lots. Anything new that comes in is normally a customer order.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 992 on order --- come on in !!